Kinect and Halo

At some point Kinect WILL be used in a Halo game, that is a fact but to what extent will it be used?

Before we jump to that, Halo could NEVER be Kinect only so forget about that.

What would the Kinect add to Halo or how would the Kinect be used in Halo?

With the Kinect, Master chiefs face WILL be revealed (It was you all along)

Hold the controller in your (left or right) hand and throw precision grenades WITH YOUR HAND! Perhaps we can even throw a little English on it?

Hold the controller in your (left or right) hand and melee for realz!

Swing your head for a quick turn around to avoid assassinations!

Zoom in with the sniper and follow targets with your finger for those epic head shots! (I just owned you with my finger!)

Hold the controller in your (left or right) hand and have you Spartan perform some of the following:

Raise the roof (both hands in the air, raise them up and down)
Oops (hand in front of mouth)
Thumbs up
thumbs down
T-bag (FOR REAL)
Aerial assassination ( Jump off your couch maybe even do a flip or two)

Added your idea on how it will be used.

<3 EnigmaBiz

I hope they use Kinect only for menu controls. Than I´m happy -Yoink!- didn´t put their hands with Kinect on the core gameplay of a halo game.

How are you so sure we will use Kinect?

I don’t think Microsoft will risk one of the few IPs it has for a gimmick.

It is old news that Kinect has been announced for the Halo CE remake.

> I hope they use Kinect only for menu controls. Than I´m happy -Yoink!- didn´t put their hands with Kinect on the core gameplay of a halo game.

Some games coming out in the near future are using it for menu and minor game play, I wouldn’t be surprised if it COULD be used during matchmaking BUT could be turned off and on.

I don’t care about Kinect implementation, as long as it lets you play sat down.

> How are you so sure we will use Kinect?
>
> I don’t think Microsoft will risk one of the few IPs it has for a gimmick.

Well, Halo Anniversary’s been confirmed to have Kinect compatibility.

A Silent-Scope/Time Crisis type game set to Halo. It could be one hell of a rail-shooter. Especially if we get to have replica weapons come with the game that have extra sensors in them the make the weapon pinpoint accurate… maybe a monocle for the user too? Let the audience get the regular view while the player gets to be the Marine/Trooper where if they press zoom, the monocle lights up/zooms in.

You could hold the weapon however you want (proper, behind the couch, gangster, etc) with a static reticle on screen, but to zoom, the monocle displays it.

Just a thought or 2. I think many would buy it just for the weapons (AR or BR or DMR??)
It also has Halo support a first party peripheral while keeping the peripheral out of some other games (marketing my view of course ;))

> A Silent-Scope/Time Crisis type game set to Halo. It could be one hell of a rail-shooter. Especially if we get to have replica weapons come with the game that have extra sensors in them the make the weapon pinpoint accurate… maybe a monocle for the user too? Let the audience get the regular view while the player gets to be the Marine/Trooper where if they press zoom, the monocle lights up/zooms in.
>
> You could hold the weapon however you want (proper, behind the couch, gangster, etc) with a static reticle on screen, but to zoom, the monocle displays it.
>
> Just a thought or 2. I think many would buy it just for the weapons (AR or BR or DMR??)
> It also has Halo support a first party peripheral while keeping the peripheral out of some other games (marketing my view of course ;))

I really like this idea!

Perhaps another ODST sniper/BR/DMR.

Halo: ODST Rally point

Players take to the sky in Falcons and engage enemies from the air!
Sit shotgun in a warthog and hold down the area!
Introducing Firefight infinity! head shot extravaganza with a real BR in hand!
Featuring 4 player co-op over XBL

I’d like to see it used for machinama purposes and the menu system, you could armor up your spartan and pose on the cat walk. In game I would only like to see it in forge unless they could use it for head tracking ( 3d perspective).

I

It’d be awesome if when a kinect user turns on halo ce:a, it boots up and you speak with Cortana, then have her control the menu’s and playlist’s. Imagine just being able to say ‘Cortana take me to match making’ then she reply’s yes Chief’. Be like speaking with Hal from 2001 which was oddly when Halo began.

I’m pretty much sure that’s as far as they’d go, I’d doubt we’ll see anything in game, unless of course they’re going to let us do real tea-bagging or some kinda victory salute on killing an enemy.

So many people are down on kinect without giving it a fair chance, if it’s used in a seemingly natural unobtrusive fashion it could be fantastic, imagine team work if you could point to your team mates and get them to crouch or point towards an enemy you’ve spotted. I don’t mean use it for all movement just subtle gestures.

The biggest one: MOTION CAPTURE with kinect FOR use in MACHINIMA in theater 2.0.

I hope they don’t implement Kinect for anything other than menu navigation. Adding it to anything else would give people an unfair advantage/disadvantage over those who don’t have/enjoy using kinect.

Also, to me video games are something that you do to relax. Having to stand up or do a bunch of random hand movements just seems to complicate things and make them less fun.

I would like 343 to do something with it like in theater you could capture you doing something with kinect, and puting into the theater in game showing up as your spartan, so we could make awesome machinima something halo has always been famous for

> I would like 343 to do something with it like in theater you could capture you doing something with kinect, and puting into the theater in game showing up as your spartan, so we could make awesome machinima something halo has always been famous for

You posted what I just said.

I think it’s only a matter of time until we have Kinect features or a Kinect Halo game.

> I think it’s only a matter of time until we have Kinect features or a Kinect Halo game.

Hell, no! Kinect is the root of all evil! >:(

> > I think it’s only a matter of time until we have Kinect features or a Kinect Halo game.
>
> Hell, no! Kinect is the root of all evil! >:(

You’re proably saying that because you don’t like to move around, but guess what, I do and I would love kinect games.

> > > I think it’s only a matter of time until we have Kinect features or a Kinect Halo game.
> >
> > Hell, no! Kinect is the root of all evil! >:(
>
> You’re proably saying that because you don’t like to move around, but guess what, I do and I would love kinect games.

We don´t want it because you can´t play core games with it. If you saw the E3 pressconference from -Yoink!- you would see what he means.

Only place I could see for Kinect in Halo is main menu controls. Otherwise, Kinect doesn’t belong into competitive FPS. The game also can’t be made to require Kinect as some people really don’t want to get one. Making Kinect optional, but add gameplay features would also be stupid as it gives the Kinect users somewhat unfair advantage.

Kinect has no place in competitive FPS games.

> > > > I think it’s only a matter of time until we have Kinect features or a Kinect Halo game.
> > >
> > > Hell, no! Kinect is the root of all evil! >:(
> >
> > You’re proably saying that because you don’t like to move around, but guess what, I do and I would love kinect games.
>
> We don´t want it because you can´t play core games with it. If you saw the E3 pressconference from -Yoink!- you would see what he means.

If you saw the Ghost recon video you would see how awesome it was.