Kinda wish Halo 5 used Reach's Spartan ranks

Now here me out, I always thought ever since Halo 5 was released that it would’ve been so much better and visually appealing if 343 added Reach’s Spartan Rank (Recruit-Inheritor) progression instead of the boring numbered 1-152 ranks.

I thought it would be amazing instead of the animation that happens every time you ranked up in H5 with the numbers now, it would instead use the Reach insignia’s like the Recruit and Inheritor but improve the visuals on them. What I mean by that is once the animation comes up to notify you that you ranked up, each rank insignia would have a unique animation to them.

For instance; The Legend rank from Reach was a skull with flames. It looked awesome in Reach so my idea in Halo 5 was once you got that rank, the insignia would pop up, (much like how the numbered ones are displayed now) in it’s glorious large high resolution but have the flames be animated and the eyes of the skull glow for a short period and then it would be a static image to not overdo the effect.

Another example I had was once you reached Inheritor, you see just the black hexagon with the stars glowing, but then you see the comet flying from just behind the hexagon only to be displayed beautifully in the front.

The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.

> 2533274820921394;2:
> The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.

They’re just ranks bro. I’m not asking to include everything from Reach. Reach in my honest opinion had the best ranks from any Halo to date.

> 2533274820921394;2:
> The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.

You didn’t even read his post, you just wanted to hate for no reason.

> 2533274834089336;3:
> > 2533274820921394;2:
> > The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.
>
>
> They’re just ranks bro. I’m not asking to include everything from Reach. Reach in my honest opinion had the best ranks from any Halo to date.

I guess I’m still salty I never made it to max rank. I got like halfway through the next to last one, but ran out of time before Halo 4 came out. I blame Fallout 3, it ate up a lot of my gaming time when it was released.

> 2535406272231884;4:
> > 2533274820921394;2:
> > The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.
>
>
> You didn’t even read his post, you just wanted to hate for no reason.

I read it, and to be honest I don’t care if I have to get to rank 152 or Inheritor or whatever it was called. The only thing I really remember from Reach is Armour Lock and Sword Base, and I kind of hate it because of them.

> 2533274820921394;6:
> > 2535406272231884;4:
> > > 2533274820921394;2:
> > > The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.
> >
> >
> > You didn’t even read his post, you just wanted to hate for no reason.
>
>
> I read it, and to be honest I don’t care if I have to get to rank 152 or Inheritor or whatever it was called. The only thing I really remember from Reach is Armour Lock and Sword Base, and I kind of hate it for them.

Yeah I hear ya. Believe me I didn’t like the armor abilities either but the point I was trying to make was to have a more appealing way of displaying your new earned rank making the progression a little more enjoyable instead of seeing just numbers.

> 2533274820921394;6:
> > 2535406272231884;4:
> > > 2533274820921394;2:
> > > The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.
> >
> >
> > You didn’t even read his post, you just wanted to hate for no reason.
>
>
> I read it, and to be honest I don’t care if I have to get to rank 152 or Inheritor or whatever it was called. The only thing I really remember from Reach is Armour Lock and Sword Base, and I kind of hate it for them.

Ok, those two things didn’t define Reach so…

> 2535406272231884;8:
> > 2533274820921394;6:
> > > 2535406272231884;4:
> > > > 2533274820921394;2:
> > > > The farther I get from Reach, the less and less of it I want incorporated into new Halo games.
> > >
> > >
> > > You didn’t even read his post, you just wanted to hate for no reason.
> >
> >
> > I read it, and to be honest I don’t care if I have to get to rank 152 or Inheritor or whatever it was called. The only thing I really remember from Reach is Armour Lock and Sword Base, and I kind of hate it for them.
>
>
> Ok, those two things didn’t define Reach so…

They did to me. That map and that particular AA pretty much sum up everything that was wrong with that game to me.

The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough

> 2533274830166194;10:
> The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough

The same system as Reach, just with better naming since. Also, this isn’t the same as the gold-champion ranks in Arena which would remain the same.

> 2533274834089336;1:
> Now here me out, I always thought ever since Halo 5 was released that it would’ve been so much better and visually appealing if 343 added Reach’s Spartan Rank (Recruit-Inheritor) progression instead of the boring numbered 1-152 ranks.
>
> I thought it would be amazing instead of the animation that happens every time you ranked up in H5 with the numbers now, it would instead use the Reach insignia’s like the Recruit and Inheritor but improve the visuals on them. What I mean by that is once the animation comes up to notify you that you ranked up, each rank insignia would have a unique animation to them.
>
> For instance; The Legend rank from Reach was a skull with flames. It looked awesome in Reach so my idea in Halo 5 was once you got that rank, the insignia would pop up, (much like how the numbered ones are displayed now) in it’s glorious large high resolution but have the flames be animated and the eyes of the skull glow for a short period and then it would be a static image to not overdo the effect.
>
> Another example I had was once you reached Inheritor, you see just the black hexagon with the stars glowing, but then you see the comet flying from just behind the hexagon only to be displayed beautifully in the front.

Agreed that the Reach ranks were a lot cooler than 1-152.

> 2535406272231884;11:
> > 2533274830166194;10:
> > The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough
>
>
> The same system as Reach, just with better naming since. Also, this isn’t the same as the gold-champion ranks in Arena which would remain the same.

Any ranking system where all u have to do is play and not even win and get the highest rank is an extreme travesty

> 2533274830166194;10:
> The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough

I honestly don’t get your point. Halo 5 guarantees you the highest rank as long as you play enough as well. I’m also talking about Spartan Ranks not Arena Division ranks.

> 2533274830166194;13:
> > 2535406272231884;11:
> > > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough
> >
> >
> > The same system as Reach, just with better naming since. Also, this isn’t the same as the gold-champion ranks in Arena which would remain the same.
>
>
> Any ranking system where all u have to do is play and not even win and get the highest rank is an extreme travesty

Isn’t this true with any progression based system? Halo 5 still has Arena ranks that require skill to get them.

I like the numerical XP ranks. They do a much better job of showing that XP ranks are just an indicator of total time spent playing the game.

> 2533274834089336;14:
> > 2533274830166194;10:
> > The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough
>
>
> I honestly don’t get your point. Halo 5 guarantees you the highest rank as long as you play enough as well. I’m also talking about Spartan Ranks not Arena Division ranks.

Halo 5 requires wins to rank up,u just can’t rank down after u get placed

I wish they did a 1-50 ranking system againbut actually did it right

I’ll take the halo 3 ranking system over the current one.

> 2533274830166194;13:
> > 2535406272231884;11:
> > > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > The ranks in this game are a joke,and u wanna add in reach’s ranking system which guaranteed u the highest level as long as you played enough
> >
> >
> > The same system as Reach, just with better naming since. Also, this isn’t the same as the gold-champion ranks in Arena which would remain the same.
>
>
> Any ranking system where all u have to do is play and not even win and get the highest rank is an extreme travesty

No, its a system that allows people to enjoy the game and level up instead of forcing them into winning just to go up a level. Why can’t you be satisfied with the two ranks being separate? Cause in my eyes, keeping them separate allows for more people to actually enjoy their time.