Kind Souls at 343...A Small Question...

As a custom games creator hoping to make a big comeback in Halo 4, I am simply dying to know the answer to one simple question, and it’s just eating at me. It’s a HUGE deal for me in Halo 4, even though it’s small potatoes compared to everything else going on. I just want to know, so I can plan accordingly or nurture my shattered dreams…

Is VIP in Halo 4?

Even if the answer is no, I want to know. I just want to rip the bandage off quickly.

Pretty please with cherries on top? I’ll sing you a song or something…

VIP is very underrated. I really enjoy it, I don’t see why not.

I think it is… I believe I heard mention of it somewhere.

> I think it is… I believe I heard mention of it somewhere.

I will sing YOU a damn POWER BALLAD if you can find a link from a reliable source (Not IGN)

Make a spawn on the flag, set it so carrying the flag earns points. Bam, VIP.

> Make a spawn on the flag, set it so carrying the flag earns points. Bam, VIP.

Sadly, not that simple. We need the unique traits that VIP offered, such as per-team traits, influence radius, and the unique scoring systems as well.

Ohh how I long to see this gametype back.

That’s true… I remember making a gametype on H3 within VIP that set the VIP’s radius as regenerative, and players had no shield regen, so the VIP would be a medic of sorts. It was pretty fun.

Yeah… 343 Should, but it’s doubtful that they’ll add it. Unless it’s just unreleased so far… Which I doubt. :confused:

> > I think it is… I believe I heard mention of it somewhere.
>
> I will sing YOU a damn POWER BALLAD if you can find a link from a reliable source (<mark>Not IGN</mark>)

I lol’d.
I never enjoyed VIP but it surely will help the community come up with crazy ne gametype variants i would like to discover.

> > > I think it is… I believe I heard mention of it somewhere.
> >
> > I will sing YOU a damn POWER BALLAD if you can find a link from a reliable source (<mark>Not IGN</mark>)
>
> I lol’d.
> I never enjoyed VIP but it surely will help the community come up with crazy ne gametype variants i would like to discover.

VIP was the most versatile and useful gametype in Halo 3. I, and many others, were crushed when it wasn’t in Reach.

I know 343 watches this forum. Just a yes or a no…It would settle so many things.

I hope it is, I like VIP. Think of all the interesting game types that could be made with VIP in Halo 4.

> I hope it is, I like VIP. Think of all the interesting game types that could be made with VIP in Halo 4.

The only folks who think VIP is a waste of time are the people who ONLY played the terribad matchmaking variant. Bungie knew how to balance a regular gametype in Halo 3, but they did NOT know a lick about how to make good gametypes.

They made the flag carrier a BA so what would they do to the V.I.P? All i can Think of is dual pistols and when they melee atuomatic pistol assassination. But with no sprint.

I hope so. VIP was awesome, and a lot of good custom games came out of it. When Bungie removed it with Reach, I was pretty mad. It’s been clamored for all throughout Reach. Why not bring it back?

> I hope so. VIP was awesome, and a lot of good custom games came out of it. When Bungie removed it with Reach, I was pretty mad. It’s been clamored for all throughout Reach. Why not bring it back?

The problem, of course, being that 343 is late in the development cycle. If it isn’t in already, we won’t see it at launch, and there’s only a slim chance we’ll get it back in a game update.

> > I hope so. VIP was awesome, and a lot of good custom games came out of it. When Bungie removed it with Reach, I was pretty mad. It’s been clamored for all throughout Reach. Why not bring it back?
>
> The problem, of course, being that 343 is late in the development cycle. If it isn’t in already, we won’t see it at launch, and there’s only a slim chance we’ll get it back in a game update.

Well might as well make our voices heard and hope 343 well listen : D

Remake of “Protect The White House” from Halo 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Protect Obama anyone :smiley:

> Protect Obama anyone :smiley:

I’d rather not. Besides, we might have a new president by then. (That’s all I’m saying about that.)

OT: I think it would be nice just for Customs. It wasn’t great in Matchmaking, but there’s a lot of cool stuff you could do with it in Customs.

> > > I hope so. VIP was awesome, and a lot of good custom games came out of it. When Bungie removed it with Reach, I was pretty mad. It’s been clamored for all throughout Reach. Why not bring it back?
> >
> > The problem, of course, being that 343 is late in the development cycle. If it isn’t in already, we won’t see it at launch, and there’s only a slim chance we’ll get it back in a game update.
>
> Well might as well make our voices heard and hope 343 well listen : D

Yep, if VIP isn’t in Halo 4, I think I’m going to post that gigantic essay I wrote a while back on why VIP is essential to Halo customs. Maybe that’ll get their attention.