Killstreaks in Halo 4??? - Analysis Series

I made an earlier thread that gave an impression based article made by someone who played Halo 4.(It didn’t really get too much attention because people refuse to read too much information, so I am going to break each part down into different threads) After further investigation about the Ordnance drop, it seems like a player can spawn a power weapon. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING QUOTE BELOW

“I had a little bit of experience with the ordnance drop system. Before talking about what I saw, I’d like to say that I have NO idea how things were set up, and I have NO idea how the overal system works. I only know what I saw. <mark>That said: I saw two different ordnance drops. The first was called by someone on the other team; I was running on the lower level of Wraparound, and suddenly saw a green indicator on my HUD, showing me that a Rocket Launcher was available up ahead and to my left. I headed that way immediately. I ran right into a trap. Three members of the other team were standing at the top of the ramp above the RL pod… I was turned to hamburger before I could even pick up the tube</mark>. Perfect example of a honey trap… and I fell for it. The second drop was mine - at some point during the game, <mark>I was confronted with a representation of my D-Pad, with three weapons attached to three of the four buttons. I hit D-Pad Left, which was linked to a Spartan Laser, and the image disappeared. Soon after, I saw that the Laser had dropped. (It was nowhere near me - clearly, as players learn more about the maps, this sort of thing won’t happen as often.) Again - I have no clue what GENERATED the drops; Frank suggested that there are multiple types of drops, and in the games we were playing, these were PERSONAL drops… but I saw that they could be used to supplement your armory (you know about the drop before the other team, and can get to the drop location first), or used to set up traps for the other team (put yourself in position to ambush folks coming to a drop, then give them a reason to walk in).</mark> I’ll be keeping my eyes open for more details on how these systems work.”

It seems like a player spawned a Rocket Launcher close to him, (maybe he could spawn it due to the killstreak), and he set up a trap for the other team.

Then the player who wrote this article was prompted to pick a power weapon by his D-Pad,(IDK why).

Maybe it is not prompted by killstreaks but by random player assortment.

Thanks

And more breakdown threads are on the way for people who refuse to read. It will be referred to as my analysis series. These analysis theories will break down information and investigate based on experience.

Link: Halo 4 Game Night, Bryant Park Hotel

This sounds terrible…

Almost like a Care Package in CoD that you know the contents of…

> This sounds terrible…

Thank God I’m not the only one thinking that.

> This sounds terrible…

It’s too early to make any assumption on it, but it does sound “interesting.” People failed to bring up this idea, and I am going to be on a mission these next couple of weeks to bring these ideas to the public. I hope that these analysis threads can be looked at by 343i and addressed in the Bulletin for further clarification.

No killstreaks, the enemy team was just closer to the random weapon drop and he got his -Yoink- kicked. Its even possible to set up a trap around a power weapon in reach. Since the drops are random it can spawn anywhere, and just because a power weapon spawned closser to a player, does not mean he spawned it. The guy you are refearing too have no idea about the game, it seems, and I dont even see how you got killstreaks out of that. Sorry

It isnt like COD where you can sit in a corner and throw a care package down. It is more like you choose what power weapon spawns and it will spawn in a random, yet map set, location for everyone to get.

> > This sounds terrible…
>
> It’s too early to make any assumption on it, but it does sound “interesting.” People failed to bring up this idea, and I am going to be on a mission these next couple of weeks to bring these ideas to the public. I hope that these analysis threads can be looked at by 343i and addressed in the Bulletin for further clarification.

Why? From the example this person has given I can easily guess how the feature works…

> No killstreaks, the enemy team was just closer to the random weapon drop and he got his -Yoink!- kicked. The guy you are refearing too have no idea about the game, it seems, and I dont even see how you got killstreaks out of that. Sorry

So the guy who has played the game doesn’t know how it works, but you do? Hmm…

I can understand how he got killstreaks out of that. It sounds like a dumbed down version of Care Packages from CoD.

Sounds interesting to me, especially since we know there will still be weapons placed around the map at the start of the game.

It’ll be nice to have player concentrate more on playing the game than camping weapon spawns.

> > No killstreaks, the enemy team was just closer to the random weapon drop and he got his -Yoink!- kicked. The guy you are refearing too have no idea about the game, it seems, and I dont even see how you got killstreaks out of that. Sorry
>
> So the guy who has played the game doesn’t know how it works, but you do? Hmm…
>
> I can understand how he got killstreaks out of that. It sounds like a dumbed down version of Care Packages from CoD.

I can read, just because the random power weapon drop spawned closer to one team, does not mean that they spawned it by a killstreak. If there where killstreaks we would ahve heard about it by now from the press that has played the game. people are jsut panicing and making wild assumtions about everything

> > > No killstreaks, the enemy team was just closer to the random weapon drop and he got his -Yoink!- kicked. The guy you are refearing too have no idea about the game, it seems, and I dont even see how you got killstreaks out of that. Sorry
> >
> > So the guy who has played the game doesn’t know how it works, but you do? Hmm…
> >
> > I can understand how he got killstreaks out of that. It sounds like a dumbed down version of Care Packages from CoD.
>
> I can read, just because the random power weapon drop spawned closer to one team, does not mean that they spawned it by a killstreak. If there where killstreaks we would ahve heard about it by now from the press that has played the game. people are jsut panicing and making wild assumtions about everything

I would rather have Random Weapon Spawns based on Kill Streaks than “Random Player Assortment”

> > > No killstreaks, the enemy team was just closer to the random weapon drop and he got his -Yoink!- kicked. The guy you are refearing too have no idea about the game, it seems, and I dont even see how you got killstreaks out of that. Sorry
> >
> > So the guy who has played the game doesn’t know how it works, but you do? Hmm…
> >
> > I can understand how he got killstreaks out of that. It sounds like a dumbed down version of Care Packages from CoD.
>
> I can read, just because the random power weapon drop spawned closer to one team, does not mean that they spawned it by a killstreak. If there where killstreaks we would ahve heard about it by now from the press that has played the game. people are jsut panicing and making wild assumtions about everything

Well, the part about selecting a Spartan Laser with his D Pad should have been an indication. facepalm

Apparently you can’t read. And just because we haven’t heard about something yet doesn’t mean it isn’t there. For instance, we have no idea what the ranking system is like.

Halo has never had kill streaks, what makes ya think there will be now?

> > > > No killstreaks, the enemy team was just closer to the random weapon drop and he got his -Yoink!- kicked. The guy you are refearing too have no idea about the game, it seems, and I dont even see how you got killstreaks out of that. Sorry
> > >
> > > So the guy who has played the game doesn’t know how it works, but you do? Hmm…
> > >
> > > I can understand how he got killstreaks out of that. It sounds like a dumbed down version of Care Packages from CoD.
> >
> > I can read, just because the random power weapon drop spawned closer to one team, does not mean that they spawned it by a killstreak. If there where killstreaks we would ahve heard about it by now from the press that has played the game. people are jsut panicing and making wild assumtions about everything
>
> Well, the part about selecting a Spartan Laser with his D Pad should have been an indication. facepalm
>
> Apparently you can’t read. And just because we haven’t heard about something yet doesn’t mean it isn’t there. For instance, we have no idea what the ranking system is like.

Skipped over that xD That seems strange, maybe you get to choose the power weapon to spawn? Im just saying that going all: killstreaks in halo 4, from a system we know little about is just conspirecing. If there happens to be killstreaks, wich i dubt we can discuss it when it is announced. I just find it strange that I have on ly heard about killstreaks from one of the players.

I’m not bothering to read the comments, so sorry if this was already said. They already said the weapons will be dropping, but it looks like it gives it to each team (switching between the 2, so it’s fair). The only difference between this and the random drops we heard before is, the person chooses the weapon and the drop time. Which dare I say good for the “competitive” players that complain about map control. Not a killstreak whatsoever.

theyre getting closer and closer to a futuristic cod look-alike.

I’m calling random player assortment

YOUR guys understanding of Context IS AMAZING. Also DO MORE RESEARCH.
Frank and David this feature is Playlist specific and that Playlist Will be varied.

ANd understanding this is Key that most of you dont understand and JUMP to conclusions that its something its not.

from what i have read it sounds like players get them randomly and they get to choose what weapon will spawn at its spawn location on the map, not on you like a care package. you just get to pick what one you want. it is kinda like a care package but at the same time nothing like it at all.

> YOUR guys understanding of Context IS AMAZING. Also DO MORE RESEARCH.
> Frank and David this feature is Playlist specific and that Playlist Will be varied.
>
> ANd understanding this is Key that most of you dont understand and JUMP to conclusions that its something its not.

What are you talking about? The player was brought up to select a certain power weapon on a spawn…Whether it is a killstreak or Random Player Assortment, it is just SO WRONG