killstreaks 'er bad, mkay

Halo can do better than ripping off call of duty.

Sure, Killstreaks may make gameplay more fun, VERY strong emphasis on may and in my opinion they probably are a bad idea and will be the main subject of complaint after halo 4 comes out.

Halo is a game of equality. I know some of you who like halo AND cod want to see a bit of a sultry mix of the two, and i understand where your coming from with killstreaks, but it’s just not Halo. It doesn’t even belong in custom games or Firefight.

However, I do see the fun in doing good in a game, and because your doing so well you get to have the joy of killing people from a chopper gunner. But in Halo, it just won’t work out.

How about veterancy? Basically every 5 kills you get + 10% resistance and damage. Max 15 kills for 30% extra. It rewards skill and gives an advantage to players without doing the work for them. A noob who get it will make little use of it, but for a good player they can devastate. Every 5 kills you also get a star next to your name so people are aware of your bonuses. This turns some people into priority targets adding a layer of cooperation to game play in coordinating attacks against this person.

There’s already a topic on this titled “killstreaks” on the main page.

> How about veterancy? Basically every 5 kills you get + 10% resistance and damage. Max 15 kills for 30% extra. It rewards skill and gives an advantage to players without doing the work for them. A noob who get it will make little use of it, but for a good player they can devastate. Every 5 kills you also get a star next to your name so people are aware of your bonuses. This turns some people into priority targets adding a layer of cooperation to game play in coordinating attacks against this person.

Rewards skill? You mean being the host? No.

Killstreaks are and have always been broken mechanic. Getting one allows many more, and while these may not count towards upping your killstreak, it still makes life hell for the other players, who might have only gotten unlucky and/or lagged. In the case of Halo (particularly on Reach servers), the latter is rampant and ruins the game (I have completely open NAT and perfect connection spead/packets lost).

A killstreak like boosting damage resistence is even worse, because there is absolutely no way to counter it, unless you are holding a power weapon, which chances are has been taken by the person with a killstreak. It just gets worse and worse and pretty soon isn’t any fun whatsoever for anyone but the guy with the killstreak.

The only game that I’ve played that had reasonable killstreaks was Battlefront II. If you consider the heroes killstreaks, then the timer limited them, and they weren’t too hard to kill from afar. But think about the weapon unlocks–12 kills with a rifle in one life? Almost impossible (for Battlefront) and even if you do achieve it, they don’t help as much as a boosted damage resistance.

Basically, if there are killstreaks in Halo (which I fully encourage for Custom Games–NOT matchmaking) they should be very high and hard to get.

> > How about veterancy? Basically every 5 kills you get + 10% resistance and damage. Max 15 kills for 30% extra. It rewards skill and gives an advantage to players without doing the work for them. A noob who get it will make little use of it, but for a good player they can devastate. Every 5 kills you also get a star next to your name so people are aware of your bonuses. This turns some people into priority targets adding a layer of cooperation to game play in coordinating attacks against this person.
>
> Rewards skill? You mean being the host? No.
>
> Killstreaks are and have always been broken mechanic. Getting one allows many more, and while these may not count towards upping your killstreak, it still makes life hell for the other players, who might have only gotten unlucky and/or lagged. In the case of Halo (particularly on Reach servers), the latter is rampant and ruins the game (I have completely open NAT and perfect connection spead/packets lost).
>
> A killstreak like boosting damage resistence is even worse, because there is absolutely no way to counter it, unless you are holding a power weapon, which chances are has been taken by the person with a killstreak. It just gets worse and worse and pretty soon isn’t any fun whatsoever for anyone but the guy with the killstreak.
>
> The only game that I’ve played that had reasonable killstreaks was Battlefront II. If you consider the heroes killstreaks, then the timer limited them, and they weren’t too hard to kill from afar. But think about the weapon unlocks–12 kills with a rifle in one life? Almost impossible (for Battlefront) and even if you do achieve it, they don’t help as much as a boosted damage resistance.
>
> Basically, if there are killstreaks in Halo (which I fully encourage for Custom Games–NOT matchmaking) they should be very high and hard to get.

They are hard to get. Btw 10% or even 30% isn’t as high as you think. 2 ppl vs 1 killstreaker and he’s dead. Get the upper hand on him he’s dead. Think of the killstreak as an advantage you get not by map control but by being good. Halo is about rewarding the better player. Btw Lag? That’s a problem with the game, not killstreaks itself.I suppose you might want to remove precision weapons because they can shoot through walls with due lag.

I agree with you. Anytype of kill streek I do not want in the MP. However, I would like a LOT of options in Custom Games. Where you can do just about everything to the game.

Halo already has killstreaks.

Killstreaks aren’t bad, mkay. Killstreaks are our friends, mkay.