Kills are counted to the wrong player frequently

I can’t count how many times I got a kill but it counted as a teammate’s. Usually it’s not a big deal but I was playing FFA. In FFA, a kill counted towards the wrong player can cost the game! How has 343i not fixed this problem in 4 years? I noticed this before but this is the first time I’ve brought it up on Halowaypoint.

It is kind of odd. Once in a while I’ll get a kill with weapon that I never pulled out.

This is the first time I’ve heard of something like this. Do you have a clip or something that might illustrate it?

> 2533274824050480;3:
> This is the first time I’ve heard of something like this. Do you have a clip or something that might illustrate it?

Unfortunately not right now. I’ll see what I can do next time I notice it. I’m not sure how to upload videos to Halowaypoint. I know for a fact I’ve gotten kills that I shouldn’t have. A teammate might finish a kill and it counts as mine.

I’ve never seen a kill that you clearly scored get counted as someone else’s in an FFA game, so I am of the thought you’re just overlooking something that happened that didn’t get you the kill. I see that in team games quite a bit, though, and it’s the same way every time. Someone hijacks a vehicle and a teammate blows up said hijacked vehicle. The hijacker sometimes gets credited for the kill, and it’s always with whatever weapon that blew up the vehicle. If you remember the game where it happened, find it in your game history on waypoint and link the page.

The only instance I can think of is if the environment plays a role in your opponents death. Then I’d say I’ve received some crazy metals when I should not have.

> 2535416616313329;4:
> Unfortunately not right now. I’ll see what I can do next time I notice it. I’m not sure how to upload videos to Halowaypoint. I know for a fact I’ve gotten kills that I shouldn’t have. A teammate might finish a kill and it counts as mine.

You can just link the game from your game history on Waypoint and then people can bookmark it and watch it in theater.

Here’s my clip from Halo 5. Notice how the guy dies from a grenade and it counts as my AR kill? This has been going on since I started playing Halo 5 in 2016.

Link to clip; that happens more often than you think actually, and it’s not limited to Arena.

Pro tip; you can create hyperlinks once you reach the forum rank of Marine (which you currently are)

> 2535429593088083;9:
> Link to clip; that happens more often than you think actually, and it’s not limited to Arena.
>
> Pro tip; you can create hyperlinks once you reach the forum rank of Marine (which you currently are)

Gotcha. I just edited my original comment.

I know it happens a lot. That’s why I wanted to draw attention to it. It’s not a big deal in regular games but in FFA it’s quite significant.

> 2535416616313329;8:
> Here’s my clip from Halo 5. Notice how the guy dies from a grenade and it counts as my AR kill? This has been going on since I started playing Halo 5 in 2016.

Can you check who threw that grenade? If it was your opponent’s teammate, then you were supposed to receive that kill as yours. That’s basically a betrayal, but the game rewards you the kill since you damaged the player enough. This is a bit of a tangent, but my assumption is that the thinking behind that is people might be more careful about betrayals if it rewards the other team with a kill. If the grenade was from your teammate, then there’s an issue.

Idk about how it would work in FFA, so a clip for that would definitely help. I think this has been referenced, but there is a bug with boarding vehicles and who that kill counts for. The most amusing one, for me at least, was when I got a laser kill as I was using a DMR on a Wraith that my teammate boarded and planted a grenade on.

As an avid FFA player I can say I have seen it in H5 and even in MCC however I definitely wouldn’t say it’s frequently. It’s a very rare occurrence IMO. It has even happened in my favor where I clearly didn’t get the kill but I got the credit after some one got the mop up kill as I like to call it.

> 2533274824050480;11:
> > 2535416616313329;8:
> >
>
> Can you check who threw that grenade? If it was your opponent’s teammate, then you were supposed to receive that kill as yours. That’s basically a betrayal, but the game rewards you the kill since you damaged the player enough. This is a bit of a tangent, but my assumption is that the thinking behind that is people might be more careful about betrayals if it rewards the other team with a kill. If the grenade was from your teammate, then there’s an issue.
>
> Idk about how it would work in FFA, so a clip for that would definitely help. I think this has been referenced, but there is a bug with boarding vehicles and who that kill counts for. The most amusing one, for me at least, was when I got a laser kill as I was using a DMR on a Wraith that my teammate boarded and planted a grenade on.

I just checked. It was an enemy grenade. I’m kinda irritated how kills are counted. If someone betrays me, while near enemies, it doesn’t count and I can’t boot them.

You can link us to DVR clips.

> 2535416616313329;8:
> Here’s my clip from Halo 5. Notice how the guy dies from a grenade and it counts as my AR kill? This has been going on since I started playing Halo 5 in 2016.

that doesnt happen in FFA, dont lie, thats happen only when a player kill some team mate after the enemy was shooting to that team mate

> 2533274890267936;15:
> > 2535416616313329;8:
> >
>
> that doesnt happen in FFA, dont lie, thats happen only when a player kill some team mate after the enemy was shooting to that team mate

I’m not lying. I’ve seen this same thing happen in FFA. I haven’t played any FFA in the last couple of days because it’s not really my favorite playlist. I’ll send another clip next time I see it in FFA.

> 2533274890267936;15:
> > 2535416616313329;8:
> > Here’s my clip from Halo 5. Notice how the guy dies from a grenade and it counts as my AR kill? This has been going on since I started playing Halo 5 in 2016.
>
> that doesnt happen in FFA, dont lie, thats happen only when a player kill some team mate after the enemy was shooting to that team mate

Why are you quick to assume he’s lying? Bugs do exist, and this could be one example of them.

> 2533274859620752;17:
> > 2533274890267936;15:
> > > 2535416616313329;8:
> > >
> >
> > that doesnt happen in FFA, dont lie, thats happen only when a player kill some team mate after the enemy was shooting to that team mate
>
> Why are you quick to assume he’s lying? Bugs do exist, and this could be one example of them.

Thank you! Admittedly, I haven’t seen that happen in FFA in a little while. I played a few matches today but nothing was recorded wrong. At least I figured out why it happens in team games. Now I know it’s the effect of a teammate’s betrayal. I’ll keep an eye out for issues in the future in FFA but maybe it was lag or something.

> 2535416616313329;18:
> > 2533274859620752;17:
> > > 2533274890267936;15:
> > > > 2535416616313329;8:
> > > >
> > >
> > > that doesnt happen in FFA, dont lie, thats happen only when a player kill some team mate after the enemy was shooting to that team mate
> >
> > Why are you quick to assume he’s lying? Bugs do exist, and this could be one example of them.
>
> Thank you! Admittedly, I haven’t seen that happen in FFA in a little while. I played a few matches today but nothing was recorded wrong. At least I figured out why it happens in team games. Now I know it’s the effect of a teammate’s betrayal. I’ll keep an eye out for issues in the future in FFA but maybe it was lag or something.

Definitely share a clip the next time you experience something like this. Bug or not, it would be good to find out what’s going on.