killing with the plasma pistol?

is it just me that finds this difficult because its beaten by pretty much everything and to think they want you to get 100’s of kills to master it, if anyone has any tips to use it better it would be much appreciated because at the moment it only seems to be able to kill with damage boost and even then i will only get one kill before im finished off.

I hear yah. Not only did they up battery consumption to a ridiculous 2% per shot, they’ve weakened it terribly as well. It does seem completely unreasonable with the comendation for this weapon, as it isn’t really used for killing as much as it is used to deplete shields and EMP vehicles.

It’s just too terribly weak in this game to be practical outside of that realm. So I don’t think I’ll EVER complete the Plasma Pistol commendation, though Covenant Weapons are what I’m focusing on to complete first.

Jus… uhhh… idk what to tell people about this… join regicide and have a friend let you kill them over and over, should be about 1 entire pistol charge per kill… if you do kill.

I hear yah. Not only did they up battery consumption to a ridiculous 2% per shot, they’ve weakened it terribly as well. It does seem completely unreasonable with the comendation for this weapon, as it isn’t really used for killing as much as it is used to deplete shields and EMP vehicles.

It’s just too terribly weak in this game to be practical outside of that realm. So I don’t think I’ll EVER complete the Plasma Pistol commendation, though Covenant Weapons are what I’m focusing on to complete first.

> Jus… uhhh… idk what to tell people about this… join regicide and have a friend let you kill them over and over, should be about 1 entire pistol charge per kill… if you do kill.

That’s called boosting and isn’t allowed.

Ya, no clue what to tell ya…

Buff the plasma pistol.
Buff vehicles.

We’re done here.

> is it just me that finds this difficult because its beaten by pretty much everything and to think they want you to get 100’s of kills to master it, if anyone has any tips to use it better it would be much appreciated because at the moment it only seems to be able to kill with damage boost and even then i will only get one kill before im finished off.

Use grenadier. You nades will do more damage, allowing for easy cqc kills. So your nade should do most of the damage and you just clean them up with plasma pistol. It’s very effective.

> I hear yah. Not only did they up battery consumption to a ridiculous 2% per shot, they’ve weakened it terribly as well. It does seem completely unreasonable with the comendation for this weapon, as it isn’t really used for killing as much as it is used to deplete shields and EMP vehicles.
>
> It’s just too terribly weak in this game to be practical outside of that realm. So I don’t think I’ll EVER complete the Plasma Pistol commendation, though Covenant Weapons are what I’m focusing on to complete first.

Hey, i understand where your coming from completely, but the plasma pistol is actually one of my top 3 secondary weapons. When used against any vehicle when charged, it disables it for 5ish seconds, and if you charge then fire at a vehicle while moving in then do that again while the vehicle is still “frozen” then you can move up without the vehicle doing any damage to you. Another thing to consider is a loadout with a Battle Rifle, Plasma Pistol and Ammo (you can obviously have an AA grenades etc) but with a Ammo perk, the plasma pistol has 150% charge and that’s very useful, now what you’ve been waiting for, how it’s good against players, if you overcharge the Plasma Pistol and fire at an opponent it usually hits (it also has a small homing device to help you hit your target) then with the BR with the tri-shot you have a great chance of killing them. (seeing as how you got their shields down and you have a greater chance to kill them with ANY precision loadout weapon, but i do prefer the BR for my PP loadout classes) Thanks for reading, hope this helped. :smiley:

I highly enjoyed killing with the plasma pistol in Reach. To bad it’s useless now.

In Reach it took 3 shots to deplete a shield and 7 shots for the final kill. 10 shots total. I haven’t even tried in Halo 4 yet.

One tip I can give you is that it is still fairly decent in CQC. It’s only 2 or 3 shots before the beatdown. I remember doing it after 2 shots, but I’m not sure if the target was damaged.

The only thing you can do for “real” pp kills is to catch someone of guard.

Used it last week going for plasma pistol commendation - got about 100 in 5 days worth of regicide games.

I could probably complete it by sometime in January if I kept that up but it would mean using no other weapon and my k/d would be awful lol.

> > I hear yah. Not only did they up battery consumption to a ridiculous 2% per shot, they’ve weakened it terribly as well. It does seem completely unreasonable with the comendation for this weapon, as it isn’t really used for killing as much as it is used to deplete shields and EMP vehicles.
> >
> > It’s just too terribly weak in this game to be practical outside of that realm. So I don’t think I’ll EVER complete the Plasma Pistol commendation, though Covenant Weapons are what I’m focusing on to complete first.
>
>
>
> Hey, i understand where your coming from completely, but the plasma pistol is actually one of my top 3 secondary weapons. When used against any vehicle when charged, it disables it for 5ish seconds, and if you charge then fire at a vehicle while moving in then do that again while the vehicle is still “frozen” then you can move up without the vehicle doing any damage to you. Another thing to consider is a loadout with a Battle Rifle, Plasma Pistol and Ammo (you can obviously have an AA grenades etc) but with a Ammo perk, the plasma pistol has 150% charge and that’s very useful, now what you’ve been waiting for, how it’s good against players, if you overcharge the Plasma Pistol and fire at an opponent it usually hits (it also has a small homing device to help you hit your target) then with the BR with the tri-shot you have a great chance of killing them. (seeing as how you got their shields down and you have a greater chance to kill them with ANY precision loadout weapon, but i do prefer the BR for my PP loadout classes) Thanks for reading, hope this helped. :smiley:

There are only 3 secondary weapons to choose from…

> Jus… uhhh… idk what to tell people about this… join regicide and have a friend let you kill them over and over, should be about 1 entire pistol charge per kill… if you do kill.

That is considered boosting and if caught could result in a ban fyi. People have been doing that with assassinations left n right then posting on here saying ‘oh i got banned and didnt do anything wrong’ then when you look at their match history, they just assassinated their friends over n over in regicide.

So again, wouldn’t advise doing that to get your plasma pistol kills =p

> > I hear yah. Not only did they up battery consumption to a ridiculous 2% per shot, they’ve weakened it terribly as well. It does seem completely unreasonable with the comendation for this weapon, as it isn’t really used for killing as much as it is used to deplete shields and EMP vehicles.
> >
> > It’s just too terribly weak in this game to be practical outside of that realm. So I don’t think I’ll EVER complete the Plasma Pistol commendation, though Covenant Weapons are what I’m focusing on to complete first.
>
>
>
> Hey, i understand where your coming from completely, but the plasma pistol is actually one of my top 3 secondary weapons. When used against any vehicle when charged, it disables it for 5ish seconds, and if you charge then fire at a vehicle while moving in then do that again while the vehicle is still “frozen” then you can move up without the vehicle doing any damage to you. Another thing to consider is a loadout with a Battle Rifle, Plasma Pistol and Ammo (you can obviously have an AA grenades etc) but with a Ammo perk, the plasma pistol has 150% charge and that’s very useful, now what you’ve been waiting for, how it’s good against players, if you overcharge the Plasma Pistol and fire at an opponent it usually hits (it also has a small homing device to help you hit your target) then with the BR with the tri-shot you have a great chance of killing them. (seeing as how you got their shields down and you have a greater chance to kill them with ANY precision loadout weapon, but i do prefer the BR for my PP loadout classes) Thanks for reading, hope this helped. :smiley:

There are only 3 secondary weapons to choose from…

This commendation is totall -Yoink-

I wouldn’t mind if it did Halo:Reach amount of damage but unfortunatly in Halo 4 that is not the case.

just charge it up hit some one and shoot them in the head :slight_smile:

Yeah other than stopping vehicles its utterly worthless when you can have a boltshot instead

HAHA. I know this post is 5 months old, but I gotta point this out. You called the PP one of your top 3 secondary weapons. Considering that there’s only 3 secondary weapons xD