Killing UNSC Marines - Now it's ok!

I just realized that Warzone will be the very first gametype in all of Halo where the character you are playing as has Marine NPC opponents (outside of being a traitorous -Yoink- in campaign). Even in Halo 2 as the Arbiter, you never attack Marines in-game.

It’s going to feel really weird at first, I think. But after making the mistake of killing Captain Keyes on the bridge of the Autumn, I’m looking for a little payback.

Does anyone else find this extremely interesting? lol

Note: I just realized I may not be correct. I remember there was a Firefight mode in Reach where it was playable Spartans vs. playable Elites. If the Spartans spawned with any Marine NPCs, then technically Warzone is not the first time it was ok to fight Marines.

I think it’s another pointer that we might face human/marine-like enemies in the campaign. With all that Insurrectionist/Sapien Sunrise stuff going on it seems rather likely.

Besides, it’s going to be the “Darkest Halo game to date”, as was said somewhere. Shooting those whom you thought to be your allies before does constitute as rather dark to me.

> 2533274826620064;2:
> I think it’s another pointer that we might face human/marine-like enemies in the campaign. With all that Insurrectionist/Sapien Sunrise stuff going on it seems rather likely.
>
> Besides, it’s going to be the “Darkest Halo game to date”, as was said somewhere. Shooting those whom you thought to be your allies before does constitute as rather dark to me.

That is an excellent point. Something along those lines seems highly likely.

> 2533274826620064;2:
> I think it’s another pointer that we might face human/marine-like enemies in the campaign. With all that Insurrectionist/Sapien Sunrise stuff going on it seems rather likely.
>
> Besides, it’s going to be the “Darkest Halo game to date”, as was said somewhere. Shooting those whom you thought to be your allies before does constitute as rather dark to me.

I’ve been wondering if we’d get a human enemy in Halo sometime soon as well, given post-Covenant War hostilities with Insurrectionists. And while I don’t think Warzone is necessarily an indication that is happening, it would sure be an interesting gauge regarding how people feel about killing humans in Halo.