Killing enemy and you could hear their rage?

anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.

remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!

So your basically talking about the iwhbyd funny dialogues right? Well halo 5 had some funny ones and I think infinite will continue with it

link to halo 5 funny dialogues

> 2533274932512744;2:
> So your basically talking about the iwhbyd funny dialogues right? Well halo 5 had some funny ones and I think infinite will continue with it
>
> link to halo 5 funny dialogues
>
> Halo 5: Guardians - Funny Dialogue - YouTube

Don’t know if we are talking about the same thing but I haven’t heard it in halo 5.

I remeber in past halo you would kill a enemy player. And you could hear them say something for like 2-3 seconds.

> 2533274847480519;3:
> > 2533274932512744;2:
> > So your basically talking about the iwhbyd funny dialogues right? Well halo 5 had some funny ones and I think infinite will continue with it
> >
> > link to halo 5 funny dialogues
> >
> > Halo 5: Guardians - Funny Dialogue - YouTube
>
> Don’t know if we are talking about the same thing but I haven’t heard it in halo 5.
>
> I remeber in past halo you would kill a enemy player on live. And you could hear them say something for like 2-3 seconds.

God that made me laugh everytime id love to see that return

Are you perhaps referring to proximity voice? I remember you could toggle proximity voice and when you were close enough to someone, you could hear their mic if they were on the other team. You could especially hear them when they died.

Halo 2 had Proximity Voice meaning the closer an enemy was the louder their voice was. It was a tactical addition to the game that kinda phased out since most people just use party chat now.

Halo 5 has an overall game that where you speak to teammates. Halo 3 I believe had Proximity Voice but to speak to your entire team you had to press Up on the Dpad and an audio cue occurred and your mic icon would open up to speak to everyone on the team…or, something to that.

> 2533274879757912;6:
> Are you perhaps referring to proximity voice? I remember you could toggle proximity voice and when you were close enough to someone, you could hear their mic if they were on the other team. You could especially hear them when they died.

This sounds more like it!!!

proximity voice was awesome. lots of good lulz were had with that.

It’s proximity and was in H2, I miss this so much.

> 2649885852180786;10:
> It’s proximity and was in H2, I miss this so much.

It was also in Reach! :smiley:

> 2533274847480519;8:
> > 2533274879757912;6:
> > Are you perhaps referring to proximity voice? I remember you could toggle proximity voice and when you were close enough to someone, you could hear their mic if they were on the other team. You could especially hear them when they died.
>
> This sounds more like it!!!

Yeah, I am unfamiliar with what other games it was in, people vouch for it being in Halo 2, I remember it from Reach.

> 2533274847480519;1:
> anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
>
> remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!

Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.

> 2592250499819446;12:
> > 2533274847480519;1:
> > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> >
> > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
>
> Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.

The one reason I remember it is because I had a group of immature people on the other team in SWAT who claimed I was the worlds biggest -Yoink!- and that they were going to get revenge on me (I had absolutely no idea who they were and they refused to tell me how they even ‘knew’ me). Ultimately during that game on Pinnacle, I would constantly hear them talking smack about me because I had Proximity on.

We almost ended up winning with just my step brother and I against the three of them (their 4th left after one kill and our 2 fed them 8 kills before leaving) 44-50. Most of the advantage came from Proximity voice because my brother and I were being silent as lambs while they couldn’t shut up for 2 seconds it seemed. So it definitely gives you an advantage.

> 2533274879757912;13:
> > 2592250499819446;12:
> > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> > >
> > > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
> >
> > Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.
>
> The one reason I remember it is because I had a group of immature people on the other team in SWAT who claimed I was the worlds biggest -Yoink!- and that they were going to get revenge on me (I had absolutely no idea who they were and they refused to tell me how they even ‘knew’ me). Ultimately during that game on Pinnacle, I would constantly hear them talking smack about me because I had Proximity on.
>
> We almost ended up winning with just my step brother and I against the three of them (their 4th left after one kill and our 2 fed them 8 kills before leaving) 44-50. Most of the advantage came from Proximity voice because my brother and I were being silent as lambs while they couldn’t shut up for 2 seconds it seemed. So it definitely gives you an advantage.

That’s not the issue. I didn’t say it was not an advantage, I said I had no desire to hear the abuse many like to dish out. I’m ok with it being in the game, as long as I can mute or toggle off the offensive players.

> 2592250499819446;14:
> > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > 2592250499819446;12:
> > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> > > >
> > > > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
> > >
> > > Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.
> >
> > The one reason I remember it is because I had a group of immature people on the other team in SWAT who claimed I was the worlds biggest -Yoink!- and that they were going to get revenge on me (I had absolutely no idea who they were and they refused to tell me how they even ‘knew’ me). Ultimately during that game on Pinnacle, I would constantly hear them talking smack about me because I had Proximity on.
> >
> > We almost ended up winning with just my step brother and I against the three of them (their 4th left after one kill and our 2 fed them 8 kills before leaving) 44-50. Most of the advantage came from Proximity voice because my brother and I were being silent as lambs while they couldn’t shut up for 2 seconds it seemed. So it definitely gives you an advantage.
>
> That’s not the issue. I didn’t say it was not an advantage, I said I had no desire to hear the abuse many like to dish out. I’m ok with it being in the game, as long as I can mute or toggle off the offensive players.

I never said it was an issue though? I simply stated it does give you an advantage; perhaps I should have fixed the way I worded it. I meant in my scenario where we were outgunned and outnumbered, it gave us an advantage which is one thing I remember of it. The obvious problem was also in my scenario: it was a common problem to hear people being outright toxic to you if you were close enough if they were either having a bad day or you were just besting them. This may have been one of the motivators for them to remove it (the other possibly being that most people don’t even use game chat anymore as was already mentioned by Co2 OUTBREAK).

> 2533274847480519;3:
> > 2533274932512744;2:
> > So your basically talking about the iwhbyd funny dialogues right? Well halo 5 had some funny ones and I think infinite will continue with it
> >
> > link to halo 5 funny dialogues
> >
> > Halo 5: Guardians - Funny Dialogue - YouTube
>
> Don’t know if we are talking about the same thing but I haven’t heard it in halo 5.
>
> I remeber in past halo you would kill a enemy player. And you could hear them say something for like 2-3 seconds.

Oh ok I though you meant AI enemies and not actual players. Yeah I think it would be cool if they brought that back for infinite

> 2533274879757912;15:
> > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > > 2592250499819446;12:
> > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> > > > >
> > > > > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
> > > >
> > > > Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.
> > >
> > > The one reason I remember it is because I had a group of immature people on the other team in SWAT who claimed I was the worlds biggest -Yoink!- and that they were going to get revenge on me (I had absolutely no idea who they were and they refused to tell me how they even ‘knew’ me). Ultimately during that game on Pinnacle, I would constantly hear them talking smack about me because I had Proximity on.
> > >
> > > We almost ended up winning with just my step brother and I against the three of them (their 4th left after one kill and our 2 fed them 8 kills before leaving) 44-50. Most of the advantage came from Proximity voice because my brother and I were being silent as lambs while they couldn’t shut up for 2 seconds it seemed. So it definitely gives you an advantage.
> >
> > That’s not the issue. I didn’t say it was not an advantage, I said I had no desire to hear the abuse many like to dish out. I’m ok with it being in the game, as long as I can mute or toggle off the offensive players.
>
> perhaps I should have fixed the way I worded it.

Yup. I read it that you were ok with the abuse because you nearly beat them. I have no tolerance for it at all. I’m always ok with features in games, as long as I have the option to not hear it. I mute, report and move on. I think the community ruined it for themselves tbh. I also don’t see these features returning without the option to turn it off.

> 2592250499819446;12:
> > 2533274847480519;1:
> > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> >
> > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
>
> Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.

For me I had for people being competitive and raging.

id say most the time after I got a kill I could hear a quick call out on my spartan which told me to move it.

but others I’d have the usual “OH MY GAWD AHHHHHH” or the “WOW ARE YOU F#*#ING KIDDING ME”.

> 2592250499819446;17:
> > 2533274879757912;15:
> > > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > > > 2592250499819446;12:
> > > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.
> > > >
> > > > The one reason I remember it is because I had a group of immature people on the other team in SWAT who claimed I was the worlds biggest -Yoink!- and that they were going to get revenge on me (I had absolutely no idea who they were and they refused to tell me how they even ‘knew’ me). Ultimately during that game on Pinnacle, I would constantly hear them talking smack about me because I had Proximity on.
> > > >
> > > > We almost ended up winning with just my step brother and I against the three of them (their 4th left after one kill and our 2 fed them 8 kills before leaving) 44-50. Most of the advantage came from Proximity voice because my brother and I were being silent as lambs while they couldn’t shut up for 2 seconds it seemed. So it definitely gives you an advantage.
> > >
> > > That’s not the issue. I didn’t say it was not an advantage, I said I had no desire to hear the abuse many like to dish out. I’m ok with it being in the game, as long as I can mute or toggle off the offensive players.
> >
> > perhaps I should have fixed the way I worded it.
>
> Yup. I read it that you were ok with the abuse because you nearly beat them. I have no tolerance for it at all. I’m always ok with features in games, as long as I have the option to not hear it. I mute, report and move on. I think the community ruined it for themselves tbh. I also don’t see these features returning without the option to turn it off.

I’ve never tolerated verbal abuse anywhere. I take my stand if I have to tough through it, but after that I report, block, and move on.

> 2533274879757912;19:
> > 2592250499819446;17:
> > > 2533274879757912;15:
> > > > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > > > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > > > > 2592250499819446;12:
> > > > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > > > anyone remember this think halo 3 or reach had it. When you killed a enemy player and you would hear them talk from the other team?? They wound talk for 2-3 seconds God I miss that.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > remeber I had so many laughs from people raging after I killed them this needs to come back!!!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach had it. If it makes a return I hope we have the option to turn it off. The childish tea bagging and making farting noises gets old fast, and that’s the mild things you hear. Like I said in a thread about voice chat, it needs to be optional, many players are unsporting and also racist, homophobic etc etc, and I have no desire to hear them or be the target of their hate.
> > > > >
> > > > > The one reason I remember it is because I had a group of immature people on the other team in SWAT who claimed I was the worlds biggest -Yoink!- and that they were going to get revenge on me (I had absolutely no idea who they were and they refused to tell me how they even ‘knew’ me). Ultimately during that game on Pinnacle, I would constantly hear them talking smack about me because I had Proximity on.
> > > > >
> > > > > We almost ended up winning with just my step brother and I against the three of them (their 4th left after one kill and our 2 fed them 8 kills before leaving) 44-50. Most of the advantage came from Proximity voice because my brother and I were being silent as lambs while they couldn’t shut up for 2 seconds it seemed. So it definitely gives you an advantage.
> > > >
> > > > That’s not the issue. I didn’t say it was not an advantage, I said I had no desire to hear the abuse many like to dish out. I’m ok with it being in the game, as long as I can mute or toggle off the offensive players.
> > >
> > > perhaps I should have fixed the way I worded it.
> >
> > Yup. I read it that you were ok with the abuse because you nearly beat them. I have no tolerance for it at all. I’m always ok with features in games, as long as I have the option to not hear it. I mute, report and move on. I think the community ruined it for themselves tbh. I also don’t see these features returning without the option to turn it off.
>
> I’ve never tolerated verbal abuse anywhere. I take my stand if I have to tough through it, but after that I report, block, and move on.

I said I read it that way, and agreed you could have worded it better. I won’t tolerate at all. Although some will. I report block and move on. As stated, I’m ok with chat being there as long as I can mute or party up to avoid it.