Killing each other at the same time - fix it.

Ive been looking at some gameplay videos and I found something very annoying, which does not happen frequently in Halo 3. It probably only happens in Swat.

On Walshy and Hysteria gameplay, I saw them getting killed each other in a 1v1 BR battle (as in Echo03 vs Echo04, and they both die at the same time with the BR)

You can see what I mean here, at 8:43 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_249733&feature=iv&src_vid=plbGQ1wGxRU&v=E8CGW2uIwYU

And another example here, at 5:00 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbGQ1wGxRU&feature=g-u-u

I dont want this to happen when the game comes out. I cant find a big reason to not like this… I mean, I just find it annoying to kill each other at the same time when I know thats not true, because I was a little bit faster. Especially with the Hitscan that shouldnt even be happening, unless it was really at the same time, but im finding it too common.

Just because someone goes down,doesn’t mean their bullets that are already in the air magically disappear.

Yes it shouldn’t happen on LAN, but in matchmaking, it’s better than loosing because the other guy has host.

> Just because someone goes down,doesn’t mean their bullets that are already in the air magically disappear.

No, but the fact that they arent even in the air because they are hitscan.

in both of the gameplay’s he was using the BR and the Br has hitscan so they must of shot at the same time.

This is what you get when you demand hitscan in the name of “competitive” gameplay.

> in both of the gameplay’s he was using the BR and the Br has hitscan so they must of shot at the same time.

I doubt that. Tell me how many times did that happen to you in previous Halo games.

In 3 days this already happens for 2 times (PAX gameplays)

Happens in Reach all the time. I’m fine with it. It just means we were equal. I’ve had people that have landed every shot the exact same time I did. It happens… move on.

> Happens in Reach all the time. I’m fine with it. It just means we were equal. I’ve had people that have landed every shot the exact same time I did. It happens… move on.

Maybe im just finding it too weird then, because the only time that happened to me was in Halo 3 Swat and in some other games like far cry 2 and rainbow six.

> > in both of the gameplay’s he was using the BR and the Br has hitscan so they must of shot at the same time.
>
> I doubt that. Tell me how many times did that happen to you in previous Halo games.
>
> In 3 days this already happens for 2 times (PAX gameplays)

like alot of times ive been killed and if kill the enemy at the same time. do you really want it that the bullets disappear when you die?

> This is what you get when you demand hitscan in the name of “competitive” gameplay.

Quit talking out your a­ss. Hitscan would decrease kill trading. What OP is showing us is the fudge-room that they programmed in to take away host advantage.

It’s a feature made to cover the effects of latency in matchmaking. I know it feels wrong when you both die at the same time even though the other one was a bit faster. But it’s much more desirable than being the onlyone getting killed even though I was the one who clearly shot faster. Didn’t the system exist, that’d happen a lot as, because of latency, both players clearly see that they shot first, but for the game the only player who shot first was the one whose “I killed the opponent” packet arrives first to the host. That packet doesn’t necessarily match the person who shot first in real world, and that’s why the game has a certain margin of error in which the host waits for a packet to come from the other player too. If the packet arrives, both players die and complain because they clearly shot first, but I think that’s much more desirable than being the only person to die even though you shot first.

> This is what you get when you demand hitscan in the name of “competitive” gameplay.

Actually I prefer hitscan because I dont have to target the reticle inches away from the moving head according to his connection.

It always helps.

> > This is what you get when you demand hitscan in the name of “competitive” gameplay.
>
> Actually I prefer hitscan because I dont have to target the reticle inches away from the moving head according to his connection.
>
> It always helps.

Depends on the speed of the bullets, the direction they’re moving and the distance.

Only really ever happened in Reach’s MM system .

Doesn’t happen as much in Halo 3?

You’re kidding me right? I played some games just yesterday and it happened over 10 times.

> Ive been looking at some gameplay videos and I found something very annoying, which does not happen frequently in Halo 3. It probably only happens in Swat.
>
> On Walshy and Hysteria gameplay, I saw them getting killed each other in a 1v1 BR battle (as in Echo03 vs Echo04, and they both die at the same time with the BR)
>
> You can see what I mean here, at 8:43 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_249733&feature=iv&src_vid=plbGQ1wGxRU&v=E8CGW2uIwYU
>
>
> And another example here, at 5:00 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbGQ1wGxRU&feature=g-u-u
>
>
> I dont want this to happen when the game comes out. I cant find a big reason to not like this… I mean, <mark>I just find it annoying to kill each other at the same time when I know thats not true, because I was a little bit faster.</mark> Especially with the Hitscan that shouldnt even be happening, unless it was really at the same time, but im finding it too common.

Can you actually explain to me HOW can you know if you were faster? lol
Because you know, with the lag, you can’t know who did what first, and i guess thats the reason of this happening

And it happens more in Halo 3 (especially in AR+Beat down fights)

> > Ive been looking at some gameplay videos and I found something very annoying, which does not happen frequently in Halo 3. It probably only happens in Swat.
> >
> > On Walshy and Hysteria gameplay, I saw them getting killed each other in a 1v1 BR battle (as in Echo03 vs Echo04, and they both die at the same time with the BR)
> >
> > You can see what I mean here, at 8:43 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_249733&feature=iv&src_vid=plbGQ1wGxRU&v=E8CGW2uIwYU
> >
> >
> > And another example here, at 5:00 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbGQ1wGxRU&feature=g-u-u
> >
> >
> > I dont want this to happen when the game comes out. I cant find a big reason to not like this… I mean, <mark>I just find it annoying to kill each other at the same time when I know thats not true, because I was a little bit faster.</mark> Especially with the Hitscan that shouldnt even be happening, unless it was really at the same time, but im finding it too common.
>
> Can you actually explain to me HOW can you know if you were faster? lol
> Because you know, with the lag, you can’t know who did what first, and i guess thats the reason of this happening
>
> And it happens more in Halo 3 (especially in AR+Beat down fights)

Oh man, can’t tell you just how much that happened to me in Halo 3 lol, it wasn’t a problem for me though, I always found it funny.

A trade in effort from two,

Makes it better for me and you.

This is a catchy rhyme I thought up for these situations. Host advantage was always something I didn’t really like for Halo 3. But when they fixed that for Reach, trading off shots were common, and somewhat hilarious.

Well I have no problem with as it happens to me all the time on Reach aswell. Hell, I’ve had days where me and another player get killed after meleeing each other the same time. Each to their own I guess.