Killcam = crutch? How?

Okay, I see people calling this addition a crutch, and I really don’t understand it. With the kill cam, you see the couple of seconds it took for them to engage you, how they killed you, where they killed you from, and their next couple seconds of movement. All of this is from their perspective.

This erases any questions you may have on how they killed you, because it shows you how, and why. Should you chose to watch the Killcam, it may arm you with the tools to better engage that opponent the next time, or just remind you twice over to pay more attention.

With the deathcam we’re more familiar with (which is also still around) you are able to identify where your killer was, usually because the camera turns towards what was responsible for your death (looks towards teammates in betrayals, whether they count as one or as the other teams kill), and you are able to observe their movements along with all the other happenings of the battlefield for 5-10 seconds depending on the game type. In this time you are capable of literally giving a play by play of an opponents movements and actions until you respawn as long as they’re in your line of sight.

On top of that, you can cycle through your teammates or all opposing players (FFA) and see all that they can and then some from a third person perspective.

Explain to me how it is a crutch when with it you can do so much less. Both bust camping snipers, but one gives you much more real time information. If anything, I’d say the Killcam is more of a limiting factor than a crutch.

Ok we all know what some troll is gonna say, “It’s in COD!!!” That’s pretty much all they’ve got for an argument.

> Ok we all know what some troll is gonna say, “It’s in COD!!!” That’s pretty much all they’ve got for an argument.

Its from other games too. Not just COD :stuck_out_tongue:

The only benefit of the kill cam that I see is that it helps with accidental betrayals.

Otherwise, it’s more important to be able to see what happens after you die and call it out to your team or act appropriately. It’s already obvious (most of the time) how you’re killed in Halo.

I personally don’t see it as any different than how it’s always been, just in a different–and I might even say, improved–format. Players should be able to know how they were killed so they can mix up their strategies, and make the game ever-changing and unpredictable. I fail to understand how it detracts from anything.

The killcam doesn’t make your next kill for you. You still need the skill and precision to pull through and best your opponents.

sniper campers, perhaps?

> sniper campers, perhaps?

The panning deathcam already gives away they’re locations, and the distinctive bullet trail is very telling. Everyone who says killcams will kill sniping don’t put any thought into what they’re saying. You can’t really camp with a sniper to begin with.

> > sniper campers, perhaps?
>
> The panning deathcam already gives away they’re locations, and the distinctive bullet trail is very telling. Everyone who says killcams will kill sniping don’t put any thought into what they’re saying. You can’t really camp with a sniper to begin with.

sniper camping refers to a sniper who has essentially found a corner/area of a map that gives great coverage and protection while sniping, therefor the sniper has little reason to leave. Therefore considered camping.

It’s not so much a crutch as it is a helping hand. It helps noobyer players copy other peoples skills and tricks. I can also help them to locate campers and spawn trappers.

It is a crutch but it has so little of an effect that it really isn’t worth mentioning.

> > > sniper campers, perhaps?
> >
> > The panning deathcam already gives away they’re locations, and the distinctive bullet trail is very telling. Everyone who says killcams will kill sniping don’t put any thought into what they’re saying. You can’t really camp with a sniper to begin with.
>
> sniper camping refers to a sniper who has essentially found a corner/area of a map that gives great coverage and protection while sniping, therefor the sniper has little reason to leave. Therefore considered camping.

Yes, I’m aware of that. My point is is that killcams do not hinder sniper camping anymore than the panning deathcams already do. I’ve seen several people on here say that killcams will destroy sniping, which is simply not the case. The panning deathcam and bullet trails already reveal your location. I guess what I really meant to say besides “you can’t really camp with a sniper anyway” is that you can’t remain undetected with the Sniper because of the aforementioned reasons. Some people on here seem to think you can because they say that killcams will kill stealthy sniping, which is false because there is no such thing as stealthy Sniping in Halo.

> > > > sniper campers, perhaps?
> > >
> > > The panning deathcam already gives away they’re locations, and the distinctive bullet trail is very telling. Everyone who says killcams will kill sniping don’t put any thought into what they’re saying. You can’t really camp with a sniper to begin with.
> >
> > sniper camping refers to a sniper who has essentially found a corner/area of a map that gives great coverage and protection while sniping, therefor the sniper has little reason to leave. Therefore considered camping.
>
> Yes, I’m aware of that. My point is is that killcams do not hinder sniper camping anymore than the panning deathcams already do. I’ve seen several people on here say that killcams will destroy sniping, which is simply not the case. The panning deathcam and bullet trails already reveal your location. I guess what I really meant to say besides “you can’t really camp with a sniper anyway” is that you can’t remain undetected with the Sniper because of the aforementioned reasons. Some people on here seem to think you can because they say that killcams will kill stealthy sniping, which is false because there is no such thing as stealthy Sniping in Halo.

This. The only time sniper camping is really successful is when you have an entire team effectively supporting you and putting the foot down on the opposing team, preventing them from reaching you. In situations like this it doesn’t matter if they know this information, they can’t reach you.

Killcam has a value in games where killing someone is a matter of 3 shots fired within a fraction of a second, where “what just happened here?” situations are common.
Nobody was camping in Halo 3, except maybe for “hill camping” which was present since Halo CE and in such case, the only problem is how to get there. Campers came with Reach and bad map design was to blame. In Halo 3, there were few “obvious camp-spots”. Once somebody began to occupy it for a longer period of time, people would just keep coming in, turning the place into a meat grinder where staying alive for 5 seconds was a feat to behold. The sword room on the Pit or elevator rooms on Construct are examples. But I digress.
Killcam is not something that would benefit the game. Deathcam is much better for Halo. I can see the killer in most of the times and I can also easily alert teammates about enemies heading towards them or objectives.

The non kill-cam is much more valuable. I can get an idea of where people are due to the wider field of view and make appropriate call-outs real time.

If you get head shotted by a well hidden sniper you don’t deserve to know where the shot came from. Awareness. Get some.

> I personally don’t see it as any different than how it’s always been, just in a different–and I might even say, improved–format. <mark>Players should be able to know how they were killed</mark> so they can mix up their strategies, and make the game ever-changing and unpredictable. I fail to understand how it detracts from anything.
>
> The killcam doesn’t make your next kill for you. You still need the skill and precision to pull through and best your opponents.

It’s called Theatre, and not really… If anything the DeathCam (Yes correct terminology is key) is less useful than the old way, because you see where your opponent was 2 seconds ago, and not where he is heading away from your dead body.

Haven’t heard that…read that. But I can’t see how its a crutch. It shows how the other guy killed you. And if you don’t like it just push X button. Boom. Next topic :wink:

> > Ok we all know what some troll is gonna say, “It’s in COD!!!” That’s pretty much all they’ve got for an argument.
>
> Its from other games too. Not just COD :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo killcams are better in one way XD

Want to know what that is? It happens if you get killed by a team mate XD