Kill times and SMG

After watching another gameplay from Greenskull (this), I have to say that the SMG is WAY too powerful. He says it by himself too, but only reducing its range won’t do it.
Thoughts?

Up the bullet spread it’s ridiculous that the Smg is still really effective from that far

Lol @ people who worry about gun balance this early on development. Gun balance is quick and easy to change for 343i, but how about delivering a good game before worrying about these petty issues?

> 2533274881042784;2:
> Up the bullet spread it’s ridiculous that the Smg is still really effective from that far

Indeed, but also from CQC it just reminds me of the SAW…

> 2533274820441404;1:
> After watching another gameplay from Greenskull (this), I have to say that the SMG is WAY too powerful. He says it by himself too, but only reducing its range won’t do it.
> Thoughts?

Watch the video again. Particularly this part.

This was on a game type with lower shield strength. Naturally kill times were gonna be much lower, and the SMG wouldn’t be quite as hyper lethal in regular matches.

Tune the range down so that in regular matches that even Assault Rifles consistently out do it, and it should be fine.

well, spartans don’t have shields in the game type you linked, but I already thought smg is too deadly

This is what the Beta is for. Let’s bring up the subject after we get our hands on it.

In that particular game they had very little shield. It will be less OP in normal game types.

Why is the SMG even in the game? It’s a totally redundant weapon given that it’s role is almost identical to the AR

> 2748402094031120;9:
> Why is the SMG even in the game? It’s a totally redundant weapon given that it’s role is almost identical to the AR

Because some ppl want to use it?

Also it is shorter range and more dangerous up close than the AR. Kind of like the BR compared to the DMR.

> 2748402094031120;9:
> Why is the SMG even in the game? It’s a totally redundant weapon given that it’s role is almost identical to the AR

nope, it really isn’t. AR’s are supposed to be short-range to mid-range, while the SMG is a short-range only weapon.

as long as the AR can beat it at range its ok

To everyone who is complaining about the killtime. Play the beta and give feedback. That is why there is a beta. Weapons can easily be nerved

> 2533274856222443;13:
> To everyone who is complaining about the killtime. Play the beta and give feedback. That is why there is a beta. Weapons can easily be nerved

i hope they will. the long killtimes are one of the many things that makes Halo different from other generic shooters.

In that same video he also says that there is less aim assist compared to any halo before equal to CE. We are going to need lethal guns in an environment of highly mobile players with little to no aim assist. I understand that in that gametype they had lower shields.

The killtimes only look crazy in that video because the players hitpoints are reduced. The SMG looked much more reasonable in his earlier video on Empire. I feel like people forget that the CE pistol can kill in(slightly) less than a second and the CE AR at around 1.06ish. Fast killtimes are absolutely essential if these new movement options remain.

However the reduced killtime in Breakout is one reason I don’t think the gametype will catch on even if they add and objectives. It seems like one-life gametypes like Breakout would be better suited as SWAT variants, to spice up that playlist which is already a speciality experience.