Kill time

Am I the only one that thinks kill times are horrifically too fast? I started counting and from the first hit to death ranges from close to immediate to 3/4 of a second. You don’t even have time to turn around. 1 stray bullet and a grenade 10 feet away is death. Imo either shields or health need a major buff.

The fastest killtime among non-power weapons is 1 second. Which is VERY fast for Halo, usually 1.2-1.4 seconds is standard, and that’s where the BR is sitting (as the slowest killtime in the entire game)

Yeah I think the kill times are like 1.1 seconds optimal which is very fast per Halo standards.

The gunfights are definitely not very drawn out.

I’m playing on an Xbox 1 so maybe that has some thing to do with it. Also maybe I’ve had the poor luck of playing against pros lol, but I’m at least average and I haven’t been able to move hardly. Either I shot them first or they shoot me first. No battles. It reminds me of cod much more than halo. If they know the mask better than I do there’s no chance.

OK I just really paid attention. Someone came at me from the side with an AR and from first hit to death I couldn’t even say one thousand out loud. I mean not even close.

If TTK stays the same on top of the reduced radar(which is supposed to create gun battles not tell you that you’re being shot) I’m probably skipping Halo Infinite. Not going to do like Halo 5/4 and complain for several months before quitting.

RIP max Waypoint score

> 2533274830960680;6:
> If TTK stays the same on top of the reduced radar(which is supposed to create gun battles not tell you that you’re being shot) I’m probably skipping Halo Infinite. Not going to do like Halo 5/4 and complain for several months before quitting.
>
> RIP max Waypoint score

With you on this. 343, if we want low kill time games - we will play those. We want halo to be halo - why is that so much to ask?

Yeah, at the moment, I get they tried to speed up the game to appeal to Halo 5 and CoD kids. Since, sadly that’s the way things work these days. I think nerfing the AR while keeping AR starts should help somewhat, since right now countless fights are AR spray battles, not even using melee or grenades. Which never ever happened in Bungie Halos. Lowering its range substantially alongside removing the headshot multiplier should help somewhat, and explosive spam should be toned down if they add back FF and player collision. Those few changes could make the game feel like the TTK is slower for OG fans, while being slightly faster in reality to appease the new gen kids.

From the moment I played the first flight, I knew the very fast paced gameplay was going to be a big issue after more people got a feel for the game. I’m hoping for various nerfs across the entire sandbox, to sort things out.

> 2533274949369837;8:
> I think nerfing the AR while keeping AR starts should help somewhat, since right now countless fights are AR spray battles, not even using melee or grenades.

Lol, I played 15 hours of the flight this weekend and can count on one hand the amount of fights that didn’t involve at least 1 grenade or a melee beatdown.

> 2533274947049852;10:
> > 2533274949369837;8:
> > I think nerfing the AR while keeping AR starts should help somewhat, since right now countless fights are AR spray battles, not even using melee or grenades.
>
> Lol, I played 15 hours of the flight this weekend and can count on one hand the amount of fights that didn’t involve at least 1 grenade or a melee beatdown.

Of course, I’d say over 60% of fights used at least one of the two. Or both. But in earlier games I’d say well over 95% of firefights resulted in using at least nades or melee. Right now with the tough, long range AR, it can often just be a spray fest.

Obviously we can’t speak for all weapons but I would say the AR range has to be reduced. Grenades and hammer radius has to be reduced. Shields or health has to be increased. Other wise this feels like cod.