Kill the thruster

Most annoying armour ability and it should not even have been implemented into the game. It makes for a huge sh*t show since everyone is zipping around, more annoying than fun.

Halo is taking the COD route, stuffing as many abilities into the game thinking and assuming it makes for better gameplay. Armour abilities need to be taken out completely with the exception of sprint and ground pound.

It can be a handy tool, but I can count on one hand the number of times it has actually aided me. I also haven’t seen many people just zipping around al willy-nilly.

I love thruster. Saw a dude behind me on my radar, jumped up and saw him shoulder charge under me. If I would have been thinking with Thruster in mind I could have boost forward and assassinated him. Thruster adds so many cool options to classic Halo formula I can’t imagine why you’d want it out.

If it annoy you you that bad perhaps you should use it to.

I honestly don’ really see a lot of people using it from my experience.

> 2533274824339843;4:
> If it annoy you you that bad perhaps you should use it to.
>
> I honestly don’ really see a lot of people using it from my experience.

Even when I use it I find it extremely annoying, especially when someone has the sword.

I love threads like these. ‘343: remove everything new from your game that you’re using as the USP’. Yeah I’m sure they’ll get right on that.

The thruster is hugely tactical and adds so much depth to the game. Great way of dodging grenades which combats the spam that’s always plagued Halo. Good to close distance to melee or back off from enemy melee. At its simplest it just makes the level more accessible and gameplay more mobile. Due to the cooldown though you need to use it strategically not idly.

I’m actually surprised how well it works.

The thruster is actually a useful SA compared to the ground pound, which I really don’t see any use for it, who’s going to fall for a ground pound unless you’re terrible.

I use the thruster more for getting to places than to escape really. The kill times in this game with automatics pretty much make it impossible to survive if you get shot first. But if you do manage to kill them after getting shot first, you get that gnarly reversal medals.

The thruster on midship is hella useful, I go from either top red/blue to sword spawn in seconds. I use the thruster more of a quick jump forward than actually jumping, since its really much faster.

> 2535438713872599;7:
> The thruster is actually a useful SA compared to the ground pound, which I really don’t see any use for it, who’s going to fall for a ground pound unless you’re terrible.
>
> I use the thruster more for getting to places than to escape really. The kill times in this game with automatics pretty much make it impossible to survive if you get shot first. But if you do manage to kill them after getting shot first, you get that gnarly reversal medals.
>
> The thruster on midship is hella useful, I go from either top red/blue to sword spawn in seconds. I use the thruster more of a quick jump forward than actually jumping, since its really much faster.

Exactly, zipping around the map like crazy. Super fast paced gameplay doesn’t always make for good gameplay

> 2533274844297232;8:
> > 2535438713872599;7:
> > The thruster is actually a useful SA compared to the ground pound, which I really don’t see any use for it, who’s going to fall for a ground pound unless you’re terrible.
> >
> > I use the thruster more for getting to places than to escape really. The kill times in this game with automatics pretty much make it impossible to survive if you get shot first. But if you do manage to kill them after getting shot first, you get that gnarly reversal medals.
> >
> > The thruster on midship is hella useful, I go from either top red/blue to sword spawn in seconds. I use the thruster more of a quick jump forward than actually jumping, since its really much faster.
>
>
>
> Exactly, zipping around the map like crazy. Super fast paced gameplay doesn’t always make for good gameplay

It’s fast pace moving, but not fast paced shooting. The shooting portion is the most important. Cause the whole point is to kill. Nobody is zipping around the map like crazy, especially not the newer players who can even aim. And its not a game changer, it just allows for a quicker A to B thing, not like they can shoot or melee when using the thruster. The thruster has been in the game since Reach. Though it was useless in Reach, since sprint has proven time and time again it’s the best ability. The thruster is useless for dodging bullets from automatics or even go on the aggressive. So far the only use for it is use it for jumps or dodge a grenade which it does perfectly, since they now have grenade markers/callouts incoming to your directions.

I love it, especially paired with an automatic weapon.

I find it immensely useful to getting into cover for shields to recharge, or to chase an enemy. it just fits.

> 2533274844297232;1:
> Halo is taking the COD route, stuffing as many abilities into the game thinking and assuming it makes for better gameplay. Armour abilities need to be taken out completely with the exception of sprint and ground pound.

Lol exception of ground pound? That thing is useless. Especially since Green Thumb is my favourite control scheme.

Anywho, I see that you are ignoring 2 Halo games that came out BEFORE CoD:AW. Argument invalid.

As someone that hates sprint, I absolutely LOVE thruster. Only thing that needs to be changed is the recharge time for it should be longer. Nothing beats hiding behind a wall, thrusting to my left/right and surprising the enemy. Also had a ninja moment when I jumped up, thrusted backwards and assasinated a guy :slight_smile:

I think it’s very useful, especially when people start spamming grenades. I mostly use it to get back into cover though. I haven’t seen nor used the ground pound. For something that is supposed to be extremely over powered, it’s very under utilized.