"Kill off and ressurect characters"

I live in Edmonton, Alberta. In the entertainment section of today’s paper, I stumbled upon a Halo 4 write-up. In this write-up it talks about the details of the game. Most of them are well known, but one caught my eye. The article said and I quote “we will kill off characters and ressurect others”.

Cover

View of pages

Article

[Quote]
(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/265/dsc02256q.jpg/)

This is a direct quote from Frankie himself. Please discuss below.

very interesting… so johnson could return…? I may be reading this literally but Im curious what frankie meant by this. Only time will tell!

I think by ressurect they mean Spark. Or (random guess) more prequels.

Resurrect? As in see them again in a new game, or break canon and go bonkers?

What the hell does that mean??? Weird.

> very interesting… so johnson could return…? I may be reading this literally but Im curious what frankie meant by this. Only time will tell!

Very true, very true. Only question is how will they pull it off, i mean he was lasered by guilty spark and immediatley after, installation 04B blew its self to peices. Not gonna be surprised if he comes back considering his ability to get off the destruction of the original installation 04. Im just worried about canon it would be weird for him to have been dead then magically come back?

I imagine he means 343GS and Johnson… Heck they might even bring back Truth, Mercy and Regret. Oh and Tartarus!!

Consistency. Who needs it?

> Resurrect? As in see them again in a new game, or break canon and go bonkers?
>
> What the hell does that mean??? Weird.

Kill off: Not have a certain character return into the new series or at least (halo 4),
Ressurect: Bring back a character maybe that had “died” but really lived? and comes back into halo 4.

Maybe Johnson comes back as a monitor…

…He could still get a lady in Halo 4!

o_O

> I imagine he means 343GS and Johnson… Heck they might even bring back Truth, Mercy and Regret. Oh and Tartarus!!
>
> Consistency. Who needs it?

Hey before tearing 343i apart and jumping to conclusions, how about wait to find out what they mean? People apparently love jumping to conclusions and they assume 343i is going to just carelessly mess up the canon.

I hope by “resurrect” they simply mean “re-show” without necessarily reviving anyone (i.e. flashbacks).

Bringing characters back to life isn’t emotional. The first time it happens, people just have an “All of my wat.” moment, and after that any subsequent deaths are utterly robbed of their emotion. Reanimation is cheap.

> > very interesting… so johnson could return…? I may be reading this literally but Im curious what frankie meant by this. Only time will tell!
>
> Very true, very true. Only question is how will they pull it off, i mean he was lasered by guilty spark and immediatley after, installation 04B blew its self to peices. Not gonna be surprised if he comes back considering his ability to get off the destruction of the original installation 04. Im just worried about canon it would be weird for him to have been dead then magically come back?

Johnson’s character model was used for other people besides him in halo ce and I have heard both that was not him fighting with the elite just his model and that the legendary ending wasn’t canon. In halo first strike Johnson escaped the destruction of halo in a pelican with haverson, polaski, and locklear.

> > > very interesting… so johnson could return…? I may be reading this literally but Im curious what frankie meant by this. Only time will tell!
> >
> > Very true, very true. Only question is how will they pull it off, i mean he was lasered by guilty spark and immediatley after, installation 04B blew its self to peices. Not gonna be surprised if he comes back considering his ability to get off the destruction of the original installation 04. Im just worried about canon it would be weird for him to have been dead then magically come back?
>
> Johnson’s character model was used for other people besides him in halo ce and I have heard both that was not him fighting with the elite just his model and that the legendary ending wasn’t canon. In halo first strike Johnson escaped the destruction of halo in a pelican with haverson, polaski, and locklear.

Ya, that makes sense…

> I hope by “resurrect” they simply mean “re-show” without necessarily reviving anyone (i.e. flashbacks).
>
> Bringing characters back to life isn’t emotional. The first time it happens, people just have an “All of my wat.” moment, and after that any subsequent deaths are utterly robbed of their emotion. Reanimation is cheap.

Or you could have a moment of intense fighting, get saved, and suddenly get a nice introduction of, “You’ve always left your X spot blind. Good thing I’ve always been watching it for you in moments like this. Hello again Chief/Reclaimer/blah blah blah.” type thing…

> > I imagine he means 343GS and Johnson… Heck they might even bring back Truth, Mercy and Regret. Oh and Tartarus!!
> >
> > Consistency. Who needs it?
>
> Hey before tearing 343i apart and jumping to conclusions, how about wait to find out what they mean? People apparently love jumping to conclusions and they assume 343i is going to just carelessly mess up the canon.

Not jumping to conclusions, just a tongue-in-cheek comment. Frankie is smart enough to know that everything he says about Halo 4 is important and that it will be scrutinized.

Resurrecting Johnson or Keyes or anyone else for that matter would be terrible. In a flashback it is ok I think, but a bona fide “back from the dead” moment would be awful for the story and for the saga. Just imagine Johnson came back… suddenly his “death” in Halo 3 loses all significance. Him dying and his last breath telling the Chief to hold on to Cortana, of all the things he could have said, was powerful and moving. Having him turn up again with “Hey Chief I’m back!” would be just terrible. It’d be on level with jumping the shark and Dallas’ “it was all a dream”.

I am curious what he means by “resurrecting”… Perhaps he means something else entirely. Once again we are in the dark with arbitrary comments that can be interpreted a thousand ways and nothing to actually clarify anything at all.

Remember when Frankie did the Bungie WUs and actually told us stuff?

wait so the trilogi will continue for 20 more years? i thought it was 10!? did i read wrong

It says “the series can, and hopefully will continue for 20 more years”. That also caught my eye.

As long as the standard and quality remains high then I am all for Halo lasting another 20 years.

Have you ever watched a tv show that started really well and then a few seasons in it wasn’t quite so good but they just kept going? And the quality went from ok to bad to terrible to drivel and it finally gets cancelled with a whimper?

That’s what I fear for Halo and I badly want to be wrong.

> > Resurrect? As in see them again in a new game, or break canon and go bonkers?
> >
> > What the hell does that mean??? Weird.
>
> Kill off: Not have a certain character return into the new series or at least (halo 4),
> Ressurect: Bring back a character maybe that had “died” but really lived? and comes back into halo 4.

-_-

I know what the definitions are! LOL, I meant that he isn’t being specific when he says stuff like that. You can’t just “resurrect” a character in the traditional sense. I mean, you can, but it breaks canon.

Cyborg Sgt. Johnson FTW!!!

Needs more Fohammer.