Kill/Death is important to me

It seems K/D around here gets slagged pretty often, and I’m not sure why. I like when I kill more enemies then I die. I like when I see my name at the top of the scoreboard. I like having a decent K/D. The whole game is designed around killing other players, and it’s the most fun thing to do in the game. And guess what, when you get a lot of kills, you often win the game, no matter what game type.

Seems like there is an attitude of “if you focusing on kills, you’re not helping the team”, and its a weak argument. There is a big middle ground, ie being an effective slayer while playing the objective.

So if you don’t care about your K/D, go ahead, but I find it strange when people act like caring how effective you are at combat is such a sin.

Ya k/d is important in a way. I’m not a k/d freak so I don’t really care about it but I still want to make sure that I atleast get more kills than deaths also. I think I have a 1.5 k/d so it’s pretty good but k/d is important in a way I guess.

It’s definitely important but I remember in the days of Halo 3, we would often play objective games. We had one teammate who constantly came in clutch to secure the object, whether it was barely capping the flag, staying on the bomb until it returned, whatever. He constantly had a negative k/d but we never would have won without him. I think people see Halo 5 like that although personally I don’t think it applies as much.

> 2535428072626782;1:
> It seems K/D around here gets slagged pretty often, and I’m not sure why. I like when I kill more enemies then I die. I like when I see my name at the top of the scoreboard. I like having a decent K/D. The whole game is designed around killing other players, and it’s the most fun thing to do in the game. And guess what, when you get a lot of kills, you often win the game, no matter what game type.
>
> Seems like there is an attitude of “if you focusing on kills, you’re not helping the team”, and its a weak argument. There is a big middle ground, ie being an effective slayer while playing the objective.
>
> So if you don’t care about your K/D, go ahead, but I find it strange when people act like caring how effective you are at combat is such a sin.

I have lost quite a few objective based games because of teammates only focusing on killing players while the players not in their view score points. There i a gametype in Battlefield 4 called Obliteration. The objective is to obtain the bomb deliver the bomb to the enemies bases and blow it up. There is only one bomb that both teams must fight over. well over half of the time in that game, the teams with the most kills lose because the entire team “Thinks” they are helping when they are not. If its straight slayer then yeah. But with objective games maybe yes maybe no.

K/D is somewhat important because that tells you where you stand at like if your an average, than you stand in that section, & if your a pro than you fall in that section, that why I try to keep my K/D up. But that determines if you truly care about your K/D or not.

> 2533274825101441;4:
> > 2535428072626782;1:
> > It seems K/D around here gets slagged pretty often, and I’m not sure why. I like when I kill more enemies then I die. I like when I see my name at the top of the scoreboard. I like having a decent K/D. The whole game is designed around killing other players, and it’s the most fun thing to do in the game. And guess what, when you get a lot of kills, you often win the game, no matter what game type.
> >
> > Seems like there is an attitude of “if you focusing on kills, you’re not helping the team”, and its a weak argument. There is a big middle ground, ie being an effective slayer while playing the objective.
> >
> > So if you don’t care about your K/D, go ahead, but I find it strange when people act like caring how effective you are at combat is such a sin.
>
>
> I have lost quite a few objective based games because of teammates only focusing on killing players while the players not in their view score points. There i a gametype in Battlefield 4 called Obliteration. The objective is to obtain the bomb deliver the bomb to the enemies bases and blow it up. There is only one bomb that both teams must fight over. well over half of the time in that game, the teams with the most kills lose because the entire team “Thinks” they are helping when they are not. If its straight slayer then yeah. But with objective games maybe yes maybe no.

Yeah games like Battlefield are a whole different animal.

High K/D can be great, depends on how you play. Sure, I wanna kill and not be killed, but I don’t care about stats. I’m happy to sacrifice myself to take down a Scorpion.

> 2626429604118348;7:
> High K/D can be great, depends on how you play. Sure, I wanna kill and not be killed, but I don’t care about stats. I’m happy to sacrifice myself to take down a Scorpion.

Which is what I’ve said. I pretty much exclusively play Warzone Assault, you can do both. Be a complete team player, and pick up a good amount of kills. And in my case, I find the two benefit each other.

Even in slayer the K/D argument is a gray area. Example being say you are behind 2 of your teammates that are pressing forward. They encounter 3 enemies. The 3 enemies kill both of them but you clean up and kill 2 of the 3 of the enemies from your safe distance. The score here is 2-2. Your teammates went 0-2 with two assists. You went 2-0 with no assists. Are you the better player? Can you say that if you were not up closer with your teammate that you wouldn’t have eliminated all three of the enemies while only losing 1 or two of your teammates? In the first example you went 2-0 but the score was a wash. In the second example, maybe you went 1-1 or 0-1 but your team went positive 3-2. Gray area. You’re better off using win percentage as a metric in a team game.

k/d is so pointless…I play to have fun.

also you don’t need to kill other players in strongholds…

> 2560752109561871;9:
> Even in slayer the K/D argument is a gray area. Example being say you are behind 2 of your teammates that are pressing forward. They encounter 3 enemies. The 3 enemies kill both of them but you clean up and kill 2 of the 3 of the enemies from your safe distance. The score here is 2-2. Your teammates went 0-2 with two assists. You went 2-0 with no assists. Are you the better player? Can you say that if you were not up closer with your teammate that you wouldn’t have eliminated all three of the enemies while only losing 1 or two of your teammates? In the first example you went 2-0 but the score was a wash. In the second example, maybe you went 1-1 or 0-1 but your team went positive 3-2. Gray area. You’re better off using win percentage as a metric in a team game.

There are a huge variety of engagements you encounter in any given game. It wouldn’t be difficult to think of an example where staying back from a safe distance would help your teams score.

If I was trying to win a game objective or otherwise, I would take a player with a good K/D over a player with a poor K/D, without knowing either of their playstyles. The fact that you can consistently win engagements with other players is a HUGE part of H5.

> 2533275021804951;10:
> k/d is so pointless…I play to have fun.
>
> also you don’t need to kill other players in strongholds…

It’s extremely fun killing a lot of players in a game.And more often than not, you win the game as well.

And really? You don’t think you have to win combat engagements over Stronghold points?

> 2535428072626782;11:
> > 2560752109561871;9:
> > Even in slayer the K/D argument is a gray area. Example being say you are behind 2 of your teammates that are pressing forward. They encounter 3 enemies. The 3 enemies kill both of them but you clean up and kill 2 of the 3 of the enemies from your safe distance. The score here is 2-2. Your teammates went 0-2 with two assists. You went 2-0 with no assists. Are you the better player? Can you say that if you were not up closer with your teammate that you wouldn’t have eliminated all three of the enemies while only losing 1 or two of your teammates? In the first example you went 2-0 but the score was a wash. In the second example, maybe you went 1-1 or 0-1 but your team went positive 3-2. Gray area. You’re better off using win percentage as a metric in a team game.
>
>
> There are a huge variety of engagements you encounter in any given game. It wouldn’t be difficult to think of an example where staying back from a safe distance would help your teams score.
>
> If I was trying to win a game objective or otherwise, I would take a player with a good K/D over a player with a poor K/D, without knowing either of their playstyles. The fact that you can consistently win engagements with other players is a HUGE part of H5.

Completely agree. I have no objection to someone having low K/D, as long as their KDA is high. But if both are low, then we have problems because it shows you can’t hold your own, nor do you contribute to team engagements. So basically my biggest thing is just keeping your deaths low in general. In slayer, this is especially obvious because it directly correlates to your enemies score. In objective games, it certainly doesn’t help the team because you can’t help your team while you’re dead, and therefore the enemy has more members to charge your base or defend their own base, or whatever the objective may be. Having numbers is the biggest advantage, and being dead does not provide numbers for your team.

I don’t care about it much, as I like going for objectives. But in slayer, it is definitely important. The only reason I am currently above 1 is because of swat.

> 2535428072626782;1:
> Seems like there is an attitude of “if you focusing on kills, you’re not helping the team”, and its a weak argument. There is a big middle ground, ie being an effective slayer while playing the objective.

K/D/A is important in this game and many game types but it’s not the only deciding factory in objective gametypes.

  • If your focusing only on kills lets say in CTF, it could be debated your not necessary helping. But if your providing an escort, defending the flag controlling the map/power weapons your most certainly helping.
  • If your focusing only on kills lets say in Stronghold, it could be debated your not necessary helping. But if your providing cover for team members capturing objectives, defending the control points, controlling the map/power weapons your most certainly helping.
    Those are just a few examples of how focusing on kills helps your team in objective game modes

You can have and awesome K/D/A in objective game modes and still lose

  • Warzone - you can be out slayed, but out score the opposing team by kill bosses or using teamwork to destroy the core. Unlikely but possible.
  • Capture the flag - you can be out slayed, but out score the opposing team by capturing 3 flags
  • Stronghold - you can be out slayed, but out score the opposing team by capturing and holding 2 objectives
  • Breakout - you can be 1v4 and somehow capture the flag :-PWhile it can be difficult to win objective gametypes if your being out slayed It certainly is’t impossible.

I’am not a K/D stat junky and consider my self slightly above average in skill leave than the average player. There are many things that effect you K/D/A in this game may it be your rank league, teammates, personal play style, among others. I think it’s best when you work with your team use commutation and just put in effort to help each other, be it a slayer variety or objective gametype. Teamwork is KING!

> 2535415766520141;15:
> > 2535428072626782;1:
> > Seems like there is an attitude of “if you focusing on kills, you’re not helping the team”, and its a weak argument. There is a big middle ground, ie being an effective slayer while playing the objective.
>
>
> K/D/A is important in this game and many game types but it’s not the only deciding factory in objective gametypes.
>
> - If your focusing only on kills lets say in CTF, it could be debated your not necessary helping. But if your providing an escort, defending the flag controlling the map/power weapons your most certainly helping.
> - If your focusing only on kills lets say in Stronghold, it could be debated your not necessary helping. But if your providing cover for team members capturing objectives, defending the control points, controlling the map/power weapons your most certainly helping.
> Those are just a few examples of how focusing on kills helps your team in objective game modes
>
> You can have and awesome K/D/A in objective game modes and still lose
>
> - Warzone - you can be out slayed, but out score the opposing team by kill bosses or using teamwork to destroy the core. Unlikely but possible.
> - Capture the flag - you can be out slayed, but out score the opposing team by capturing 3 flags
> - Stronghold - you can be out slayed, but out score the opposing team by capturing and holding 2 objectives
> - Breakout - you can be 1v4 and somehow capture the flag :stuck_out_tongue:
> While it can be difficult to win objective gametypes if your being out slayed It certainly is’t impossible.
>
> I’am not a K/D stat junky and consider my self slightly above average in skill leave than the average player. There are many things that effect you K/D/A in this game may it be your rank league, teammates, personal play style, among others. I think it’s best when you work with your team use commutation and just put in effort to help each other, be it a slayer variety or objective gametype. Teamwork is KING!

Good points, mostly what I’m saying is that killing/damaging enemies is easily the most important skill to have, and there’s nothing wrong with being proud of that skill. And, WAY more often the not, it helps your team, regardless of the game type.

K/D just doesn’t tell you the whole story about a player. I went 17-1 earlier in slayer (literally died last 5 seconds, so annoying), but also went negative in matches today. My skills are the same. The difference is who I am against. K/D is determined by the level of your competition as much as your skill, so it isn’t a complete measure of a player. Consistently negative usually means you suck though, unless you got stuck in way higher rank than you should be.

My problem with K/D is how often people only look at that. Especially when people state flame with it and treat it like some magical number that defines a person’s existence.

To me… NO

It is definitely important, however the fact that you have a high K/D in a particular match does not necessarily mean you were the most useful teammate. Perhaps in Slayer, but not necessarily in the other modes.

I’ll give you an example, yesterday there was 10 seconds or so left on the clock in a Warzone assault match, and nobody on my team (that I could see anyways) was close to the core, several of them were far away fighting opponents, sniping, etc…so I figured we lost the match for sure…but I don’t give up easily, so I used a speed power up, somehow avoided the enemy fire and got the last shot on the core right as they killed me, and won the match.

Now I’m not trying to steal all the glory here, the rest of the team did their part…but in that particular moment, the most important thing was to get that last shot. So anybody not paying attention to that and just thinking about getting more kills, were not necessarily very useful…or maybe they were indirectly.

Bottom line is if you just think of your own K/D and nothing else in a team objective match, there will surely be some missed opportunities as far as the overall team objective is concerned.