Kill Confirmation Sound Effect

Has anyone found out how to tone down or turn off the notably high- frequency kill confirmation sound associated with every headshot and multi-kill? It starts to strike a nerve every time I hear it :hear_no_evil:. The beep seems to be programmed into the Sound Effects slider in the settings menu and does not occur for normal kills, only headshots or multis. In my attempts to muffle it, I’m setting my Sound Effects slider all the way down to 1 while making sure the Hit Detection Effects slider is set to a higher value like 5 or 6.

If I set the hit detection slider lower than 5 then muffling the beep proves rather ineffective.

High frequency? Isn’t it more of a thump, making it low frequency?

Anyway, 343 should definitely add the option to disable that, for people who don’t like it. It would probably take, like, 5 to 10 minutes of coding.

1 Like

The “thump” or goomba stomp-like kill confirmation sound actually seems to be layered on top of the beep. The beep seems to be programmed into the Sound Effects slider and the thump seems to be programmed into the Hit Detection Effects slider. That’s why in my attempts to muffle the beep I’m turning my Sound Effects down while making sure Hit Detection Effects is set to a higher value.

I agree with you, it would be greatly appreciated if 343 I. would provide players an option in the settings menu to either tone down or turn off the beep specifically for a more stripped-down experience.