Kill cams

last time I created a thread it sparked a lot of conversation (duel wielding) now I want to know your opinions on Kill cams. Some people argue that they give away somebody’s position (a snipers especially) after they die that the sniper can no longer stay there. On the other hand people will get mad when they can’t have a Nornfang at the corner of the map and snipe some unsuspecting victims or get killed by a camo user and have the nornfang taken even though they were really well hidden.

It’s almost like if you guys would prefer to camp or take it away. So let camping stay or remove it (in some way of course).

I always liked the idea behind the kill cam - the idea that you could get immediate feedback on how you died so that, in theory, you learn from the experience and become a better player. Way more practical than the idea of going into theater mode and watching your games after the fact. As if.

But I always hated the way the kill cam was executed in Halo 4. Very broken. Told you nothing except what a game would look like if you had 900ms of lag without dropping.

I would really kill cams but just whit the final kill of the game

> 2533274842302174;3:
> I would really kill cams but just whit the final kill of the game

^^ this.

> 2533274842302174;3:

Yeah I would like that too or for games like breakout at the end of each round

Honestly I’m not fond of them. Aside from the revealing your position point, they also slow down the game even further. I just want to respawn and get back into things. I also remember the pointless fighting and cheating accusations that were caused by the H4 ones not showing things as they actually happened. That isn’t something I wish to repeat.

I’d personally leave kill cams for the final kill to maintain the game’s pace.

I think kill cams ruin the flow of Halo. I personally love how it plays without them.

A final kill cam wouldn’t hurt anything, but I would still vote no for it. Lots of funny fights / tea baggin / random things happen in the time from the game being over to where it ultimately goes to post game carnage.

As a long time Halo player, that’s a very important ‘cool factor’ part of Halo to me.

No thanks. Kill cams ruin good positioning and discourage situational awarenes. They also remind of COD…and we all know how well COD influences went over in H4. I like my Halo games to be, you know, Halo games. I’m looking at you 343!!!

> 2533274842302174;3:

^^
Either that or do it like WWII beta did and make the play of the game.

I usually skip kill cams due to them getting me angrier. Games without kill cams I usually see the death as a good kill against me with kill cams I cry foul.

> 2533274807802500;11:
> I usually skip kill cams due to them getting me angrier. Games without kill cams I usually see the death as a good kill against me with kill cams I cry foul.

that kind of reminds me of when you get spawn killed and u just have the urge to either quit or get vengeance but you don’t know who it was or where they are.

I think they should come back but in 3rd person only. Also, it worked best with instant respawn. Respawn time has been bad since the first game and honestly if I Have to do anything while -waiting- then is like
to see how I was killed so I can better learn my mistake, However I’d prefer to just instant respawn altogether and skip everything.

Oh and if you don’t agree, that’s fine. Skip this comment and keep it to yourself.

I don’t want to see kill cams return into Halo as it’s not really needed. Able to look around the player on death is more effective as it will reveal the enemy position in real time.

The final kill cam concept are also flawed because I don’t want to experience the same issues as in CoD where players plays Search and Destroy to make attempts on getting a nice final kill and interrupt the game at the same time.

We do also have theater to analyze the kills after the game with even more precision (even with the bugged Halo 5 Theater).

I’m not against killcams, personally, but I know a lot of the community is. It was in the Halo 5 MP beta originally, and 343 took it out because it got a lot of backlash. It’s nothing original that’s for sure; it’s a staple of the call of duty games. I also don’t want 343 to implement something into the game that most people don’t like. I DO however think it would be nice to have as an option for custom games, and maybe even Breakout. That’s something I think most people can get behind.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> Honestly I’m not fond of them. Aside from the revealing your position point, they also slow down the game even further. I just want to respawn and get back into things. I also remember the pointless fighting and cheating accusations that were caused by the H4 ones not showing things as they actually happened. That isn’t something I wish to repeat.

well just like in Cod you can decide to skip the kill cam and go straight into the action if you want.

> 2535439144900575;16:
> > 2533274880633045;6:
> > Honestly I’m not fond of them. Aside from the revealing your position point, they also slow down the game even further. I just want to respawn and get back into things. I also remember the pointless fighting and cheating accusations that were caused by the H4 ones not showing things as they actually happened. That isn’t something I wish to repeat.
>
> well just like in Cod you can decide to skip the kill cam and go straight into the action if you want.

Which still requires me to waste the time of it starting and me stopping it. ‘Hey, you can make it so it wastes less of your time.’ isn’t a good argument in favor of something. Nor does that address the other issues I’d have with it.

> 2533274880633045;17:
> > 2535439144900575;16:
> > > 2533274880633045;6:
> > > Honestly I’m not fond of them. Aside from the revealing your position point, they also slow down the game even further. I just want to respawn and get back into things. I also remember the pointless fighting and cheating accusations that were caused by the H4 ones not showing things as they actually happened. That isn’t something I wish to repeat.
> >
> > well just like in Cod you can decide to skip the kill cam and go straight into the action if you want.
>
> Which still requires me to waste the time of it starting and me stopping it. ‘Hey, you can make it so it wastes less of your time.’ isn’t a good argument in favor of something. Nor does that address the other issues I’d have with it.

it shouldn’t waste any time besides clicking a certain button like in COD due to the fact that there is still a spawn cooldown before you can hop back into the action and not an instant spawn. In COD you have a choice of clicking X which skips the kill cam Instantly and puts u back in but unlike in COD Halo does have a cooldown before you respawn which would not waste any time unless you continue to watch it after the cooldown.

> 2535439144900575;18:
> > 2533274880633045;17:
> > > 2535439144900575;16:
> > > > 2533274880633045;6:
> > > > Honestly I’m not fond of them. Aside from the revealing your position point, they also slow down the game even further. I just want to respawn and get back into things. I also remember the pointless fighting and cheating accusations that were caused by the H4 ones not showing things as they actually happened. That isn’t something I wish to repeat.
> > >
> > > well just like in Cod you can decide to skip the kill cam and go straight into the action if you want.
> >
> > Which still requires me to waste the time of it starting and me stopping it. ‘Hey, you can make it so it wastes less of your time.’ isn’t a good argument in favor of something. Nor does that address the other issues I’d have with it.
>
> it shouldn’t waste any time besides clicking a certain button like in COD due to the fact that there is still a spawn cooldown before you can hop back into the action and not an instant spawn. In COD you have a choice of clicking X which skips the kill cam Instantly and puts u back in but unlike in COD Halo does have a cooldown before you respawn which would not waste any time unless you continue to watch it after the cooldown.

So again. I’m respawning. I’m supposed to be looking at my body so people can engage in the time honored practice of teabagging and planning what I want to do in 5 seconds when I respawn and instead I have to watch the beginning of a clip showing how I just died (Something I’m already aware of) and hit a button to dismiss it. No. Still a waste of my time and energy. I’d still don’t want to see it return to Halo.

• Slows down the game. - Requires me to click an extra button to dismiss. - Respawn timers would either have to get longer. - Some members of my team may watch the clip leaving me without a teammate for a period of time. - Some member of the other team may watch the clip leaving me with a longer wait to try and kill them. - This would potentially leave me with extra time to flag cap/get points in territories or strongholds, plant the bomb etc. and do the same for my enemies. - It will reveal my position if I’ve managed to outsmart my opponent. - If it doesn’t work perfectly 100% of the time it will cause squabbles and accusations of cheating between players and nothing ever works 100% of the time. - Teabagging is time honored tradition in Halo and it would be be pointless. - Depending on how it’s done it may reveal more information about condition. Shield strength/secondary weapon etc. - It’s unnecessary repeat of information I’m already aware of. I was killed by person X with weapon Y - Theatre already allows you to view the entirety of the match if you’re wanting to learn things and has far more functionality.I can go on; but I don’t see the need.

The kill times in Halo are long enough that I don’t think a killcam is necessary. In games that do have a killcam, you tend to go down in fractions of a second, so a killcam exists to show you how you got killed. But Halo kill times are generally longer than a second, sometimes getting close to two seconds, which I feel gives you ample time to figure out where you’re getting shot from and/or why you died.