Kill Camera Removal

Hey 343, I really don’t think we need the kill cam in multiplayer. It can be inaccurate and annoying, so just to let you know of my concerns please do not add it into the next Halo installation.

I’m sorry OP, but your post really made me laugh for some reason haha. :laughing:

Anyway, I disagree. I think killcams should be fixed and returned. They don’t affect gameplay and if they actually worked properly they could be a good way to see how people killed you without going all the way back to theater.

> I’m sorry OP, but your post really made me laugh for some reason haha. :laughing:
>
> Anyway, I disagree. I think killcams should be fixed and returned. <mark>They don’t affect gameplay</mark> and if they actually worked properly they could be a good way to see how people killed you without going all the way back to theater.

However, they do effect gameplay.

Sniping’s a pretty tough sport if people can know exactly where you killed them from without very much effort, right?

It’s a pretty cheap way of discovering your location.

I hate the kill cam and it does affect gameplay, I agree. It’s such a dumb feature. I want it gone as well.

I believe their should only be a final kill cam because of the same reason AndyCu5 brought up.

> > I’m sorry OP, but your post really made me laugh for some reason haha. :laughing:
> >
> > Anyway, I disagree. I think killcams should be fixed and returned. <mark>They don’t affect gameplay</mark> and if they actually worked properly they could be a good way to see how people killed you without going all the way back to theater.
>
> However, they do effect gameplay.
>
> Sniping’s a pretty tough sport if people can know exactly where you killed them from without very much effort, right?
>
> It’s a pretty cheap way of discovering your location.

Valid point. I don’t have any sympathy though. Sniping is just glorified camping in the way you’re describing it. Besides, it doesn’t affect the effectiveness of sniping in Battlefield. And those killcams have an even worse effect. They show you where your opponent is moving to after he kills you.

Besides, a good sniper moves around a lot and moves up with the team.

> > I’m sorry OP, but your post really made me laugh for some reason haha. :laughing:
> >
> > Anyway, I disagree. I think killcams should be fixed and returned. <mark>They don’t affect gameplay</mark> and if they actually worked properly they could be a good way to see how people killed you without going all the way back to theater.
>
> However, they do effect gameplay.
>
> Sniping’s a pretty tough sport if people can know exactly where you killed them from without very much effort, right?
>
> It’s a pretty cheap way of discovering your location.

All things considered, I have never had any struggle pinpointing a Sniper’s location, in Halo CE and 2, the white trail was insanely easy to spot, and in Halo 3 onwards, the camera literally turns to point at the Sniper that killed you when you die.

Killcams are nice because they can help clear up some of the “-Yoink-”. When you die and have no idea what happened, and think you were just cheesed, the killcam can show you exactly how and why you died.

At the very least, the game ending killcam/scorecam is a must have. I’m impartial on the basic Killcam subject. But I don’t think of them as remotely noob friendly. Any good sniper knows to change positions after every shot or two anyway, and with killcams it’s actually HARDER to track him because you can only call out where he just was, not where he’s going.

So yes, the whole sniping point is moot. Not only can everyone easily trail your white tracer when you fire. But the person you kill can always very easily callout your position based on where his camera faces whether or not he can still see you.

Far as I’m concerned, why not just have both?

When you die it starts playing the Killcam, if you press X it cancels the Killcam and allows you to look around for the duration of your respawn. It’s instant spawns that should go away.

Totally agree. I don’t see the need to have kill cams In Halo at all. I miss being killed and then I having 5 seconds to look around, see where your kill is and where they are going to get your revenge.

Also, are killcams even turned on in any gametypes anymore? I can’t remember the last time I saw one.

If they keep it, they need to fix it. It’d horribly inaccurate.

Kill cams need to go.

Final kill cams can stay.

Either get rid of them or make them optional in Settings.

Whilst I never watch them anyway, I want to see them gone.

Killcams don’t really make sense in Halo anyway, I mean it’s not like it’s Call of Duty where the enemy could be hiding in any little nook or cranny. Halo games usually have somewhat open maps and they’re not really cluttered like the horrible maps in CoD. Also you have radar.

Get rid of them, but make a final kill cam!
I think it would be neat if when you died, your screen went black until you respawned because that would make more sense… dead people shouldn’t be able to look around and provide info.
I’m conflicted though because tea bagging is a part of the heart of Halo.

I wouldn’t mind getting rid of killcams. Not because killcams are bad for the game, but because killcams were introduced with all the other mechanics copied straight from Call of Duty into Halo 4.

These include…Custom Classes, Perks, Killstreaks(ordinance drops), Nade Hitmarkers, Kill Cams, Default Sprint, Weapon Skins, Instant Spawns, Replacing De-Scoping with Flinch, Removing Powerups & Grenades from spawning on the map, and Removing the ability to drop the flag.

> All things considered, I have never had any struggle pinpointing a Sniper’s location, in Halo CE and 2, the white trail was insanely easy to spot, and in Halo 3 onwards, the camera literally turns to point at the Sniper that killed you when you die.
>
> So yes, the whole sniping point is moot. Not only can everyone easily trail your white tracer when you fire. But the person you kill can always very easily callout your position based on where his camera faces whether or not he can still see you.

And if it’s with another gun such as the DMR? Even if the camera turns towards you it only gives you a vague idea of where you got shot from

> These include…Custom Classes, Perks, Killstreaks(ordinance drops), Nade Hitmarkers, Kill Cams, Default Sprint, <mark>Weapon Skins</mark>, Instant Spawns, Removing Powerups & Grenades from spawning on the map, and Removing the ability to drop the flag.

Just because it’s from Call of Duty does not make it a bad feature- for example, Spectator Mode.

> > These include…Custom Classes, Perks, Killstreaks(ordinance drops), Nade Hitmarkers, Kill Cams, Default Sprint, <mark>Weapon Skins</mark>, Instant Spawns, Removing Powerups & Grenades from spawning on the map, and Removing the ability to drop the flag.
>
> Just because it’s from Call of Duty does not make it a bad feature- for example, Spectator Mode.

Yes I agree. 343 should only add/change features that would improve Halo’s formula, not add things just because they can like they did with H4.

Although I would say weapon skins fits under the category of adding it just because they can. If they’re going to make different weapon styles, at least put some effort into making it feel like part of the Halo universe, and not just some random orange lines spray-painted onto the gun for absolutely no apparent reason.

EDIT: Here are some of the random orange lines…[1] | [2] | [3] | [4]
It was without a doubt an after thought used to generate additional money from preorders and skin-purchases. Not a quality addition to the Halo franchise.

From a gameplay mechanics point of view, in competitive settings at the very most a final killcam could exist.

That, however, is the least of the issue at hand. As with many things in Halo 4, the half-baked aspect of the killcams (i.e. how shots never sync, lag is quadrupled, half the time the killcam doesn’t even start) just makes it uncomfortable and frustrating to watch. The only scenario I would be okay with seeing killcams return would be if they synced perfectly as they do in Call of Duty, otherwise it’s little more than a rotten, blatantly plagiarized cherry on top.

As a side note, however, I didn’t mean for that to sound too much like Halo 4 hate, it’s just something that really bothers me about the game.

If killcams actually worked. I wouldn’t have a problem with it. What really needs to be removed is instant respawn, perks and ordinance drops. Ordinance drops are a fun idea for playing firefight/campaign as a spartan 4. But they can’t be in multiplayer, they BREAK the game. I will always vote for regular Team Slayer over Infinity.