Kids betraying you because you got intomantis

As the title sais, it’s about those kids who betray you because you got into the Mantis, I know everyone needs that achievement, and the occasional Mantis hogger is there anyways… but seriously because you didn’t get the Mantis you’re going to blow it up?

This is truly frustrating

what achievement? sorry ive never had a chance to play crimson yet.

BTB needs FF back on for it. Dont mind that 4v4 slayer has no FF but with player pulling off team kills on BTB without acctually killing the teamate, tehy no they can do it and get away with it. I have the same problem on Exile with the tank. I beat players 9 times out of 10 but half the time you get the teamates that get mad about it and nade the crap out ya. Add FF and change the boot system so that when a game starts and a player team kills cause he lost the foot race he can be booted to make room for a better player

> what achievement? sorry ive never had a chance to play crimson yet.

20 stomp kills with the Mantis

Or people take the Gauss into the little building behind where it spawns so no one can use it. And sometimes try to run people over as they spawn

> BTB needs FF back on for it. Dont mind that 4v4 slayer has no FF but with player pulling off team kills on BTB without acctually killing the teamate, tehy no they can do it and get away with it. I have the same problem on Exile with the tank. I beat players 9 times out of 10 but half the time you get the teamates that get mad about it and nade the crap out ya. Add FF and change the boot system so that when a game starts and a player team kills cause he lost the foot race he can be booted to make room for a better player

well actually the game that got me posting this message was CTF:
My friend got in the mantis and a guy started throwing stickies at the mantis, so my friend Mantis Stomped him and got instantly booted, but since I was standing right next to the mantis when he got booted I just got in it, and the guy started throwing stickies at my mantis and betrayed me, and I couldn’t do anything.
So I stuck him in the face after I spawned and got booted >.>

It’s happened to me quite a few times. I just send a player review and hope I never get matched with him again. Yesterday though I decided to record the clip and name it stupid @** tm :wink:

Rarely ever have this happen to me. I Guess I’ve just been lucky.

Childish behavior has been happening in every online game since they came into existence. This will not change in Halo 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 343 or any game for that matter.

> Childish behavior has been happening in every online game since they came into existence. This will not change in Halo 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 343 or any game for that matter.

You probally have more mature teammates, happens to me all the time recently
edit: oh, just noticed I that had to be for the guy posting above you.

> > Childish behavior has been happening in every online game since they came into existence. This will not change in Halo 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 343 or any game for that matter.
>
> You probally have more mature teammates, happens to me all the time recently

I generally play with my real life friends but we are far from mature. I usually try and steal the Mantis and give it to my friend that is good with it. I’m just stating the obvious for anyone that actually thinks there will ever be a solution to this problem.

> > > Childish behavior has been happening in every online game since they came into existence. This will not change in Halo 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 343 or any game for that matter.
> >
> > You probally have more mature teammates, happens to me all the time recently
>
> I generally play with my real life friends but we are far from mature. I usually try and steal the Mantis and give it to my friend that is good with it. I’m just stating the obvious for anyone that actually thinks there will ever be a solution to this problem.

yeah that part about the mature players had to be sent to the guy who posted above you, who didn’t have any problems with it.

FF being off needs extending to vehicles.

> > > > Childish behavior has been happening in every online game since they came into existence. This will not change in Halo 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 343 or any game for that matter.
> > >
> > > You probally have more mature teammates, happens to me all the time recently
> >
> > I generally play with my real life friends but we are far from mature. I usually try and steal the Mantis and give it to my friend that is good with it. I’m just stating the obvious for anyone that actually thinks there will ever be a solution to this problem.
>
> yeah that part about the mature players had to be sent to the guy who posted above you, who didn’t have any problems with it.

Quoted the wrong person I see. Your post makes a lot more sense now.

I see it every once in a while but it’s not happening every other game or anything. When kids would do it for the sniper I would just waste as much ammo as possible before they betrayed me for it. make their efforts as pointless as possible.

It’s forever always been a problem. No developer can ever fix people being -Yoinks!- online.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

LOL, cry some moar!

> > > > > Childish behavior has been happening in every online game since they came into existence. This will not change in Halo 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 343 or any game for that matter.
> > > >
> > > > You probally have more mature teammates, happens to me all the time recently
> > >
> > > I generally play with my real life friends but we are far from mature. I usually try and steal the Mantis and give it to my friend that is good with it. I’m just stating the obvious for anyone that actually thinks there will ever be a solution to this problem.
> >
> > yeah that part about the mature players had to be sent to the guy who posted above you, who didn’t have any problems with it.
>
> Quoted the wrong person I see. Your post makes a lot more sense now.
>
> I see it every once in a while but it’s not happening every other game or anything. When kids would do it for the sniper I would just waste as much ammo as possible before they betrayed me for it. make their efforts as pointless as possible.

I usually try to waste the ammo as well, and with the sniper I try to shoot their heads off as well :stuck_out_tongue:

It is because 343 encourages selfishness.

Hell just the other day I ran into the enemy team’s mantis, and hopped in it. There was a guy camping right there just waiting for me to do so, so he could hijack me and blow me up.

He literally sacrificed his team’s Mantis, just so he could get the achievement.

For the warthog achievement, while it requires TEAMWORK to do, only one person gets it.

Look at every daily/weekly challenge we’ve had to date, “Earn X kills”, has there EVER been an “Earn X assists / flag assists / base offense / etc”? Nope, there have litterally been ZERO of those.

Now you could say there are “Win X matches”, but those don’t really require teamwork. Yeah if you’re against an entire party in CTF, you might have to work as a team, but often times people are just randoms thrown in together. I’ve seen plenty of teams win objective based games where one person litterally just farmed kills the entire match and had no intention of helping the team win.

I even had a match where this guy was inviting me to his clan, talking about how they had really good team work. He was later splattered by a Ghost, while I watche from afar. I asked him “Don’t you use plasma pistol in BTB?”, and I -Yoink- you not, his response was “Why should I waste MY secondary on that?”, in BTB!

I played a match on Ragnarok where our teammate grabbed the banshee and said “Alright, time to start splattering people!”. To which I replied “Bro, I know everybody wants that -Yoinking!- stupid green visor, but you’re taking an unnessessary risk when you splatter people, you’ll get skyjacked or blown up”.

“Nah bro, I’m a GOOD banshee pilot”. So 10 seconds later I’m sniping at the hill on Ragnarok, when all of a sudden I get banshee bombed…

Me: “What the hell? How did their banshee respawn so fast!”
Newb: “Oh yeah, that was my bad, I got skyjacked”

Due to that we lost hill control, and were unable to take it back. The rest of the game the newb kept saying “Why don’t we take back hill, why don’t we take back hill!”. Yeah, we HAD the hill and we lost it due to his stupidity.

Lastly, take the “True Skill” system. If it increases your true skill based on win %, then that means if you play as a team, you’ll start having a harder time playing. Even if you hop on for a nice casual, non try hard match, you can’t, because the true skill has determined that you need to face good opponents.

How in the world am I supposed to get the Carbine mastery, when true skill gives me opponents who aren’t brain dead?

The ONLY way I’m going to get these commedations without boosting, is to be playing complete idiots, and the only way I can do that, is if I ignore teamwork and play solely for KD. The team loses more matches because I didn’t play as part of a team, my true skill gets lowered, and I get to face idiots to grind commediations on.

Where is the incentive to play as a team instead of being selfish? Where are the teamwork based achievements? Where are the teamwork based challenges (Other than “Win X games in Y Gametype” which as you already know, can be won even without teamwork when playing against other randoms". Where are the 1-50 ranks where I would actually HAVE to work as a team in order to get?

343 might as well put “Get 20 betrayals” in their next set of achievements. This game panders to the selfish, and offers no incentive to play as a team.

Play as a team, get higher true skill, get harder opponents, have a harder time. Pssssh -Yoink- that. Why would I want a higher true skill when I could just be selfish and pub stomp all day?

>

If you’re going to mock people, maybe you should learn to spell first.