Kevin Franklin, Multiplayer LEAD. 1-50.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Heres a quote from Kevin himself during an interview on the update at PAX

“1-50’s coming back on waypoint… so you can get it again just like previous titles”

o___o… -so much facepalm-
WHO in Gods name is going to exit out of HALO 4 just to take the time to OPEN UP waypoint, and look. Then GO BACK into halo 4… get the invite from their friends again and say, “nope… I didnt go up or down at all… BUT WAIT… it doesnt matter because NOBODY CAN SEE IT ANYWAY.”

You sir are the death of halo :confused: Sorry.

While I too am frustrated with the decision to make ranks Waypoint only, you do not have to exit out of halo to view them. As long as you have a device with access to the internet, you can view them while still in game.

I’m pleasantly pleased with that.

Because it didn’t matter in the first place.

It’s better than nothing but not much better. It turns every playlist into what they still currently are… A social ranked mesh mixbag. Now people that don’t want social still kind of have it and people that don’t want ranked are kinda forced to adorn one. People back in the day used to play social when they didn’t feel like being judged. Sure you can’t see your rank in game but that isn’t going to stop friends from letting you know how your rank is bad in playlist a,b,and c whether you’re truly aiming for a rank or not. Ranked and Social IMO need to be split and in-game if 343 want’s any chance at people caring.

> I’m pleasantly pleased with that.
>
> Because it didn’t matter in the first place.

It matters to a lot of people otherwise it wouldn’t be such a hot topic.

Why does it matter if you can’t see it in game? It’s a number. A number.

Can’t you just play for fun? Why do you have to earn something in order to enjoy the game?

I remember playing Halo 3 customs a lot and I did it for fun. I didn’t care about not being a 50 or trying to be a 50. I was having fun.

> It’s better than nothing but not much better. It turns every playlist into what they still currently are… A social ranked mesh mixbag. Now people that don’t want social still kind of have it and people that don’t want ranked are kinda forced to adorn one. People back in the day used to play social when they didn’t feel like being judged. Sure you can’t see your rank in game but that isn’t going to stop friends from letting you know how your rank is bad in playlist a,b,and c whether you’re truly aiming for a rank or not. Ranked and Social IMO need to be split and in-game if 343 want’s any chance at people caring.

Shabutie sums it up pretty well here.
Honestly I don’t care about Ranks/Stats but just because I Don’t like it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be there to alienate those that do.

In H3 I barely played Ranked and did fine in Social. I also was forced to share my account during H3 so I then decided to not care about those stats or Ranks.

Overall Removing something like Ranking Systems may seem like a “Doesn’t Matter to me” so no big deal. There is a fair share of the community that enjoys stats+ranks.
At least 343 is giving them something.

> Why does it matter if you can’t see it in game? It’s a number. A number.
>
> Can’t you just play for fun? Why do you have to earn something in order to enjoy the game?
>
> I remember playing Halo 3 customs a lot and I did it for fun. I didn’t care about not being a 50 or trying to be a 50. I was having fun.

Everyone has different ways to have fun.
To most the Ranking system is for bragging rights and also a form of Progression/something to work for. Which is fun as well to that crowd.

I play variety of games and I’m big on the MMORPG’s and they have similar ways to go about things(I could go on and compare MMO’s to other games but the post will get lost on most people).

Anyway, I’d fit in the middle coming to the Halo-side of these arguments, Nor fully competitive or Casual.

My gaming area is right next to my computer, so logging onto Waypoint here to see my rank update isn’t too bad for me. Though I would prefer to see it in-game so I won’t have to refresh my service record all the time. Also not everyone has an internet-ready device close by while they’re gaming.

About that discussion about fun and ranks, there’s nothing wrong with giving competitive players something they want. ‘Casual’ players have fun by just hopping into a match and blasting people. Competitive players have fun by getting close, intense matches against other skilled players and earning a satisfying victory with an upgrade in rank as a result. That’s our ‘fun’. Both parties should be catered to.

Will Smart Glass update with CSR?

> Why does it matter if you can’t see it in game? It’s a number. A number.
>
> Can’t you just play for fun? Why do you have to earn something in order to enjoy the game?
>
> I remember playing Halo 3 customs a lot and I did it for fun. I didn’t care about not being a 50 or trying to be a 50. I was having fun.

can you honestly not comprehend the fact that people liked having a rank that signified their actual skill at the game? Maybe you yourself do not like such an idea, fair enough, but can you honestly seriously not see how it can be fun to be measured at a game based on how good you are at it??
Why do you think we ended up with the progression system, based around, yes, NUMBERS, that we currently have? Because they wanted a way for bad players to still feel the reward of rank progression, so they made it based on games played instead of games won.

It boggles the mind to think someone could not get their head around the fact that people liked to be ranked against others in games, based on their skill - ESPECIALLY games of naturally competitive merit, like halo.

i find it mind boggling that some people that cannot accept that other peoples idea of of “fun” is not the same as their own. what on earth is wrong with these people.