Kevin Franklin is no longer working with 343I

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

For those who don’t know he was the lead designer for the halo 4 and 5 multiplayer. And now that he’s gone we may actually get a multiplayer wort a damn.
Edit: don’t know how to navigate twitter too well seeing as how I don’t have one
https://mobile.twitter.com/kevin_franklin

Link/source?

When did this happen and why? And was he involved with Bungie in the past?

> 2533274921838152;3:
> When did this happen? And was he involved with Bungie in the past?

I believe he did not work with bungie. Seeing as how only 3 out of 300+ people at 343 use to work for bungie

Hopefully it was because of the ridiculous sun glare on btb maps.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Hopefully it was because of the ridiculous sun glare on btb maps.

Or the ridiculously underdeveloped BtB in general?

Hmm well to be honest multiplayer wasnt the issue with Halo 5, the story was definitely a bigger problem. Not to mention multiplayer is improving rapidly. Hopefully they dont get someone worse

Sadly too late now. The damage has been done.

And notice how the recent list of updates and concepts give off that gritty/grungy feel similar to previous game map designs. This news is interesting but I will be wary all the same. I have learned from the MCC as much as anyone else has that good ideas can scatter like a house of cards.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Hopefully it was because of the ridiculous sun glare on btb maps.

This is still my favourite ever gripe about Halo 5!

I believe OPs info is coming from here

> 2533274921838152;7:
> Hmm well to be honest multiplayer wasnt the issue with Halo 5, the story was definitely a bigger problem. Not to mention multiplayer is improving rapidly. Hopefully they dont get someone worse

I wouldn’t say multiplayer is improving
the aiming mechanic while improved is still wonky and and inconsistent
game
modes are still severely lacking as are maps
This one map a month BS is getting real old

> 2533274921838152;7:
> Hmm well to be honest multiplayer wasnt the issue with Halo 5, the story was definitely a bigger problem. Not to mention multiplayer is improving rapidly. Hopefully they dont get someone worse

True it’s not the main issue with halo 5 but it was definitely the main issue with 4

Multiplayer is good though…

Campaign not so much…needs new writers

> 2533274832130936;6:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > Hopefully it was because of the ridiculous sun glare on btb maps.
>
>
> Or the ridiculously underdeveloped BtB in general?

That too.

> 2533274832130936;12:
> > 2533274921838152;7:
> > Hmm well to be honest multiplayer wasnt the issue with Halo 5, the story was definitely a bigger problem. Not to mention multiplayer is improving rapidly. Hopefully they dont get someone worse
>
>
> I wouldn’t say multiplayer is improving
> the aiming mechanic while improved is still wonky and and inconsistent
> game
> modes are still severely lacking as are maps
> This one map a month BS is getting real old

I agree it needs fixing but it looks to be headed in the right direction

But Halo 5’s multiplayer is sooooo good.

> 2535439780801708;14:
> Multiplayer is good though…
>
> Campaign not so much…needs new writers

Yeah because the guy writing it focuses on plot and treats the characters like useless puppets he’s also done this with his marvel comics

> 2533274832130936;12:
> > 2533274921838152;7:
> > Hmm well to be honest multiplayer wasnt the issue with Halo 5, the story was definitely a bigger problem. Not to mention multiplayer is improving rapidly. Hopefully they dont get someone worse
>
>
> I wouldn’t say multiplayer is improving
> the aiming mechanic while improved is still wonky and and inconsistent
> game
> modes are still severely lacking as are maps
> This one map a month BS is getting real old

While some aspects may have been related to the Designer, things such as the one map a month is not, he was a multiplayer designer, not the DLC planner. He would no part in that, things like weird aim could be blamed, but lack of modes could also not be blamed, he just designs them, he would work with what he got, someone else would most likely say, look, we are only having these modes at launch, now get to work.

To me personally, if they added 3 modes and like 3 maps and update and stopped with the REQs till June (they can add Reach armor then :P) they could vastly add more to the multiplayer. Mabye even add to the UI.

> 2533274921838152;3:
> When did this happen and why? And was he involved with Bungie in the past?

He’s founded his own studio, called First Strike Games with a couple of other 343 guys.

And no, he was never part of Bungie. Prior to joining 343, he worked for Slant Six Games on the SOCOM franchise. Before that, he worked for EA Black Box on the Need for Speed franchise.