Keep your microtransactions out of this franchise!

I’m late to the party here but I heard HW2 will have microtransactions and I don’t want them in it, really the title says enough.

Too late, it’s already a major part of the game. Taking it out would be impossible. But at least it doesn’t look that bad.

The microtransactions are all optional relocated to the Blitz game mode, meaning you still have regular multiplayer and campaign that won’t need the microtransaction. Add to that the fact that you can earn Blitz card by just playing the game so it’s not really in anyway required to sink money into the mode for cards. The only thing you actually need to pay for is future DLC content such as more campaign missions and leaders. This is extra content added to the game so it’s not unnatural to charge for this.

> 2533274863570566;3:
> …
> …
> This is extra content added to the game so it’s not unnatural to charge for this.

…Assuming it’s not cut content. Which I don’t yet have any reason to believe it is, but could just as easily be.

That probably comes across as paranoid.

Something that a lot of players don’t realize is that the more money the developers make, the more incentive there is for a Halo Wars 3. It’s an exploitive cycle, yes, but it’s something I personally don’t mind. The only game I play is Halo Wars. This trend doesn’t affect me all that much. It’s a selfish reason, but a good one. That’s why I don’t see microtransactions as terrible things.

> 2535428828618420;2:
> Too late, it’s already a major part of the game. Taking it out would be impossible. But at least it doesn’t look that bad.

it wouldnt be impossible at all

what i find most annoying about wars micro transactions is that they dont give free dlc because of it like halo 5, its just straight up ‘give us money for this thing you can get in game’ which isnt the worst thing they could do but it does somewhat make blitz pay to win

> 2533274870790671;6:
> > 2535428828618420;2:
> > Too late, it’s already a major part of the game. Taking it out would be impossible. But at least it doesn’t look that bad.
>
> it wouldnt be impossible at all
>
> what i find most annoying about wars micro transactions is that they dont give free dlc because of it like halo 5, its just straight up ‘give us money for this thing you can get in game’ which isnt the worst thing they could do but it does somewhat make blitz pay to win

The next beta is on on blitz, they have a whole article of the Xbox magazine describing blitz. It’s 100% gonna be in the game, just hope for the best.

> 2535428828618420;7:
> > 2533274870790671;6:
> > > 2535428828618420;2:
> > > Too late, it’s already a major part of the game. Taking it out would be impossible. But at least it doesn’t look that bad.
> >
> > it wouldnt be impossible at all
> >
> > what i find most annoying about wars micro transactions is that they dont give free dlc because of it like halo 5, its just straight up ‘give us money for this thing you can get in game’ which isnt the worst thing they could do but it does somewhat make blitz pay to win
>
> The next beta is on on blitz, they have a whole article of the Xbox magazine describing blitz. It’s 100% gonna be in the game, just hope for the best.

im not saying ‘remove blitz’ im saying ‘remove pay to win micro transactions’ theres a big difference

More money for the developers, more game and updates. Aslong as it isnt negatively impacting the gameplay expierience im fine with it.

you get ingame credits for these microtransaction.
it’s like the gow or overwatch in-apps. no one will be forced to buy anything with real money. (except support and fan packages… what should be clear… but i don’t think that there is something like that in hw2)

and it’s not our problem and also not the problem of the developer or publisher, when you need everything what you see. it’s a own personally problem… sadly a common problem nowadays: everything must be free of charge, free of bugs and free of delays. there are also studies which stated that it is mostly a problem of the millennials.

Honestly, I can live with microtransactions as long as they aren’t 1) absolutely necessary to move forward and 2) give players some significant advantage over competitors that don’t pay. That hasn’t been the case with the Halo 5 Req packs. I’ve played a lot of Halo 5, never paid for a Req pack.

But here’s the thing. As someone else said here: I want 343 to make a crap ton of money on this game. Why? I LOVE Halo Wars 1. It was my favorite 360 game, and I enjoy playing that multiplayer over anything else (while I could.) The more money 343 makes on Halo Wars 2, the more likely we are to get Halo Wars 3. Frankly, it’s a miracle we are getting Halo Wars 2 at all. So if people want to save time and pay for Blitz cards, that’s fine by me. I don’t think the Req packs killed Halo 5 at all.

> 2533274824807326;1:
> I’m late to the party here but I heard HW2 will have microtransactions and I don’t want them in it, really the title says enough.

Me neither! People need to understand how they degrade the quality of games by providing the dev and publishers free money. Less people have to buy a game for them to get the same amount of money.

Question do any of the complainers actually understand how the micro transactions in halo wars 2 will work? No? Then read up, if you had you would know they absolutely don’t matter nothing important is locked behind a pay wall especially considering that you earn packs by playing and you earn points to buy packs by playing **ANY GAME MODE INCLUDING CAMPIGN (**note caps is only used to point out the core argument not for fits of internet rage).

> 2533274902628105;13:
> Question do any of the complainers actually understand how the micro transactions in halo wars 2 will work? No? Then read up, if you had you would know they absolutely don’t matter nothing important is locked behind a pay wall especially considering that you earn packs by playing and you earn points to buy packs by playing **ANY GAME MODE INCLUDING CAMPIGN (**note caps is only used to point out the core argument not for fits of internet rage).

Quoted for truth.

One thing to note is that you can ‘grind’ the game to unlock card packs in-games or you can save yourself time and spend real money. Thankfully there’s nothing gated behind a pay wall that you can’t earn yourself and from what I hear there are daily and weekly challenges to offer multiple paths for players to earn card packs. While someone could just drop money on many card packs, there’s no guarantee of what’s in those packs so you could earn one in-game pack and get an awesome card or buy 5 packs and never get that card.

It’s pretty similar to earning vs. buying REQ packs in Halo 5. In both games the micro-transaction element is limited to a single game mode.

You’ll be able to play Blitz soon, curious to hear what you all think!

One thing to note is that you can ‘grind’ the game to unlock card packs in-games or you can save yourself time and spend real money. Thankfully there’s nothing gated behind a pay wall that you can’t earn yourself and from what I hear there are daily and weekly challenges to offer multiple paths for players to earn card packs. While someone could just drop money on many card packs, there’s no guarantee of what’s in those packs so you could earn one in-game pack and get an awesome card or buy 5 packs and never get that card.

It’s pretty similar to earning vs. buying REQ packs in Halo 5. In both games the micro-transaction element is limited to a single game mode.

You’ll be able to play Blitz soon, curious to hear what you all think!

> 2780570662795584;15:
> One thing to note is that you can ‘grind’ the game to unlock card packs in-games or you can save yourself time and spend real money. Thankfully there’s nothing gated behind a pay wall that you can’t earn yourself and from what I hear there are daily and weekly challenges to offer multiple paths for players to earn card packs. While someone could just drop money on many card packs, there’s no guarantee of what’s in those packs so you could earn one in-game pack and get an awesome card or buy 5 packs and never get that card.
>
> It’s pretty similar to earning vs. buying REQ packs in Halo 5. In both games the micro-transaction element is limited to a single game mode.
>
> You’ll be able to play Blitz soon, curious to hear what you all think!

Can’t wait! Thing for me is blitz seems more interesting than the other multiplayer itself.
(And yea, that makes me a minority)

> 2780570662795584;15:
> One thing to note is that you can ‘grind’ the game to unlock card packs in-games or you can save yourself time and spend real money. Thankfully there’s nothing gated behind a pay wall that you can’t earn yourself and from what I hear there are daily and weekly challenges to offer multiple paths for players to earn card packs. While someone could just drop money on many card packs, there’s no guarantee of what’s in those packs so you could earn one in-game pack and get an awesome card or buy 5 packs and never get that card.
>
> It’s pretty similar to earning vs. buying REQ packs in Halo 5. In both games the micro-transaction element is limited to a single game mode.
>

The thing is I feel the other multiplayer side of halo 5 suffered from the new warzone mode. Especially at first. Not to mention people who didn’t like warzone have to buy packs filled with warzone stuff just to get maybe one or if ur lucky two spartan customization. Bottom line is micro transactions are never a good thing for any game.

I am kind of good with microtransactions.

Because of my work I don’t have enough time to play. Plus, I like the idea of spending few bucks more if I like the game. It is my way to use some cards that I cannot get if I don’t have enough time to play and get them. I only play one day of the weekend, and sometimes I need to travel so that makes my play time small.

> 2780570662795584;15:
>
>

But I along with many others do not want any microtransactions at all. And saying they will be similar to the REQ system in Halo 5 makes me even more wary of them as I feel the REQ system is a colossal scam.