Keep the Plasma Rifle.

If the gun you’re introducing is going to replace the Plasma Rifle, and is basically an advanced version of it. Why not just keep it and call THAT the Plasma Rifle? I mean it’d make sense for the gun to advance in technology.

Please don’t remove the Plasma Rifle, it’s been in all the Halo games unlike most other weapons we love. It’s like an old friend. The ‘Johnson’ of weapons.
I just can’t imagine a Halo game without the Plasma Rifle. It’s become a part of what defines Halo. Sure change it, improve it so we can love it again like we did in Halo 1+2.
Please don’t take this away from us.
Plus it is the signature Covenant weapon, it removes a big patch when taken away. And it is the Elites weapon as well.

Ugh…is it really that big of a deal?

> If the gun you’re introducing is going to replace the Plasma Rifle, and is basically an advanced version of it. Why not just keep it and call THAT the Plasma Rifle? I mean it’d make sense for the gun to advance in technology.
>
> Please don’t remove the Plasma Rifle, it’s been in all the Halo games unlike most other weapons we love. It’s like an old friend. The ‘Johnson’ of weapons.
> I just can’t imagine a Halo game without the Plasma Rifle. It’s become a part of what defines Halo. Sure change it, improve it so we can love it again like we did in Halo 1+2.
> Please don’t take this away from us.
> Plus it is the signature Covenant weapon, it removes a big patch when taken away. And it is the Elites weapon as well.

Why do you have to have the Plasma Rifle?

The fact that people are annoyed by others wanting things they love to not change actually annoys me. People like the PR, its an iconic weapon, its absence from Halo4 is a tragedy. It will be greatly missed.

> > If the gun you’re introducing is going to replace the Plasma Rifle, and is basically an advanced version of it. Why not just keep it and call THAT the Plasma Rifle? I mean it’d make sense for the gun to advance in technology.
> >
> > Please don’t remove the Plasma Rifle, it’s been in all the Halo games unlike most other weapons we love. It’s like an old friend. The ‘Johnson’ of weapons.
> > I just can’t imagine a Halo game without the Plasma Rifle. It’s become a part of what defines Halo. Sure change it, improve it so we can love it again like we did in Halo 1+2.
> > Please don’t take this away from us.
> > Plus it is the signature Covenant weapon, it removes a big patch when taken away. And it is the Elites weapon as well.
>
> Why do you have to have the Plasma Rifle?

The Plasma Repeater could easily replace the Plasma rifle (with a few tweaks and changes of course).

I say keep it and just add a new weapon to the mix. Maybe improve the plasma rifle while your at it. At least keep it in the campaign somewhat or forge mode.

> > > If the gun you’re introducing is going to replace the Plasma Rifle, and is basically an advanced version of it. Why not just keep it and call THAT the Plasma Rifle? I mean it’d make sense for the gun to advance in technology.
> > >
> > > Please don’t remove the Plasma Rifle, it’s been in all the Halo games unlike most other weapons we love. It’s like an old friend. The ‘Johnson’ of weapons.
> > > I just can’t imagine a Halo game without the Plasma Rifle. It’s become a part of what defines Halo. Sure change it, improve it so we can love it again like we did in Halo 1+2.
> > > Please don’t take this away from us.
> > > Plus it is the signature Covenant weapon, it removes a big patch when taken away. And it is the Elites weapon as well.
> >
> > Why do you have to have the Plasma Rifle?
>
> The Plasma Repeater could easily replace the Plasma rifle (with a few tweaks and changes of course).

Replacing the Plasma Rifle with the Plasma Repeater would be an outrage. The Plasma Repeater is old, its tech and mechanics were outdated, it was pretty much an annoying version of the Plasma Rifle, so its gone. The Plasma Rifle has the looks and the name of one of the most iconic Halo weapons there are. Why replace one gun with a gun that is pretty much the same and call it an all new gun? Sounds like a scheme just to piss of the Plasma Rifle fans.

I’ll miss the PR, but, really, the Covenant Assault Rifle sounds just like the PR with a different name.

> I’ll miss the PR, but, really, the Covenant Assault Rifle sounds just like the PR with a different name.

Exactly, they should just call that the Plasma Rifle.

> I’ll miss the PR, but, really, the Covenant Assault Rifle sounds just like the PR with a different name.

But looks about 100 times better …

How could they replace the PR, it’s an iconic CE weapon and correct me if I’m wrong; all other CE weapons have been kept right? Why remove one of the best weapons in the franchise? Makes no sense, either than to further piss off some of the fans.

It’s like my fifth favorite out of them all. First to fourth is:

1. DMR.
  2. Assault Rifle.
  3. Covenant Carbine.
  4. Battle Rifle (Duh)

Why not just beef it up? No need to replace it, it was a -Yoinking!- beautiful and iconic rifle. Damn man, now I have to replay CE again just to play with the PR. How could the Covenant not have the PR? It makes no -Yoinking!- sense.

Forgive me im new here where did they say they were replaceing the plasma rifle with the covenant assault rifle? Are there any pics or quotes on that just want to know thanks.

> How could they replace the PR, it’s an iconic CE weapon and correct me if I’m wrong; all other CE weapons have been kept right? Why remove one of the best weapons in the franchise? Makes no sense, either than to further piss off some of the fans.

Exactly.

Why?! Why couldn’t it have been the Needler?!

> Why?! Why couldn’t it have been the Needler?!

Um…because the Needler is one of the most iconic Halo weapon too?

> Why?! Why couldn’t it have been the Needler?!

Take that back!

> Exactly, they should just call that the Plasma Rifle.

So let me see if I get this straight. You’re upset because they have a different name for a weapon that will practically work in the same way (I suppose) as the Plasma Rifle does?

They might still put it back in, but not in this game. See Halo 2, they removed the iconic weapon from Halo, the AR (regardless if you love or hate it) and then put it back in when Halo 3 came around.

It’s gone, but it honesly wasn’t as big as you are making it out to be. The needler and plasma pistol are far, far more iconic. The PR looked cool and was awesome, but it was also a generic plasma gun. I still liked it, but will I lose sleep over it not being in the game? No.

That said, I don’t know how I’ll feel when I’m actually in the game and it’s gone.