Keep the alien guns like reach

Ok before you get out your torches and pitch forks Hear me out
In halo 1-3 the covie equivalents were just rip offs of the Human guns
Sure they looked different and sounded different but how different were they.
The reach came out and I had to say the covie weapons actually felt alien
Sure they acted similarly but they were very different in how they were used.
Like the focus rifle:Its one of the most deadly weapons in the game when in mid range combat making it a great range weapon in forest or citys
Or the
Plasma Repeater, Its spread and recoil made you half to think and use ambush tactics so you wouldn’t run low on energy.

SO I guess what Im saying is I want the alien weapons to fell alien. not a rip off of a human weapon.

It’s debatable that the covvy weapons in Halo 3 were rip offs. They ripped down shields but were terrible against health. The plasma pistol wasn’t anything like the magnum. The Carbine was similar to the BR.

But, the diversity was even better in Reach, so yes, keep it like that.

I respect you opinion but disagree.

> Ok before you get out your torches and pitch forks Hear me out
> In halo 1-3 the covie equivalents were just rip offs of the Human guns
> Sure they looked different and sounded different but how different were they.
> The reach came out and I had to say the covie weapons actually felt alien
> Sure they acted similarly but they were very different in how they were used.
> Like the focus rifle:Its one of the most deadly weapons in the game when in mid range combat making it a great range weapon in forest or citys
> Or the
> Plasma Repeater, Its spread and recoil made you half to think and use ambush tactics so you wouldn’t run low on energy.
>
> SO I guess what Im saying is I want the alien weapons to fell alien. not a rip off of a human weapon.

I lol’d when i read “Alien guns” but i do agree to a certain extent.

> > Ok before you get out your torches and pitch forks Hear me out
> > In halo 1-3 the covie equivalents were just rip offs of the Human guns
> > Sure they looked different and sounded different but how different were they.
> > The reach came out and I had to say the covie weapons actually felt alien
> > Sure they acted similarly but they were very different in how they were used.
> > Like the focus rifle:Its one of the most deadly weapons in the game when in mid range combat making it a great range weapon in forest or citys
> > Or the
> > Plasma Repeater, Its spread and recoil made you half to think and use ambush tactics so you wouldn’t run low on energy.
> >
> > SO I guess what Im saying is I want the alien weapons to fell alien. not a rip off of a human weapon.
>
> I lol’d when i read “Alien guns” but i do agree.

If he says Covenant, people will most likely jump on him.

I agree too.

The Covenant weapons in the original trilogy were not “rip offs of the human guns”.

The plasma rifle in CE had a stunning effect, the plasma pistol was a totally unique weapon throughout the series, the plasma rifle in Halo 3 stripped shields almost instantly, the Needler was nothing like any human weapon, the Energy Sword was not a “rip off” of the Shotgun, the Gravity Hammer was totally unique in Halo 3, as was the Brute Shot in Halo 2 and 3, the Beam Rifle was slightly different from the Sniper Rifle, the Carbine was a totally different weapon than the Battle Rifle… I could go on, and on. Each weapon had its own specific use.

Reach seemed to make everything either useless, redundant, or both.

Yes, they do feel more “alien” in Reach, but because I much rather prefer human weapons, I could care less.

With that being said, i’m neutral on the idea.

I just want to call out the needle rifle… I just don’t like it. It’s a needler with a new cover on it. What I’m saying is that it wasn’t that unique to me. I really prefer the Carbine over the needle rifle. Hearing the needler itself for years has been a turn off, and is getting a bit annoying and redundant. So seeing the needle rifle has emphasized the same mechanics and image inside my head. I haven’t had my share of the Carbine yet.

There’s one thing Reach did right, but barely.

The plasma rifle is still underpowered against flesh, the concussion rifle is a nerfed (for the player) reskinned Brute Shot (arcs + low damage), the plasma pistol overcharge is nerfed for the player, the needler is nerfed for the player.

The needle rifle is the only useful Covie weapon I have come across (I’ve only played the demo).

Basically, Covie weapons, when wielded by the player, just don’t feel powerful.

Whereas Covie vehicles are powerful (with the exception of the Revenant) but they exchange defense and durability for firepower.

> There’s one thing Reach did right, but barely.
>
> The plasma rifle is still underpowered against flesh, the concussion rifle is a nerfed (for the player) reskinned Brute Shot (arcs + low damage), the plasma pistol overcharge is nerfed for the player, the needler is nerfed for the player.
>
> The needle rifle is the only useful Covie weapon I have come across (I’ve only played the demo).
>
> Basically, Covie weapons, when wielded by the player, just don’t feel powerful.
>
> Whereas Covie vehicles are powerful (with the exception of the Revenant) but they exchange defense and durability for firepower.

The focus rifle is actually really powerful at mid range
I dont see why some many people hate it

> > There’s one thing Reach did right, but barely.
> >
> > The plasma rifle is still underpowered against flesh, the concussion rifle is a nerfed (for the player) reskinned Brute Shot (arcs + low damage), the plasma pistol overcharge is nerfed for the player, the needler is nerfed for the player.
> >
> > The needle rifle is the only useful Covie weapon I have come across (I’ve only played the demo).
> >
> > Basically, Covie weapons, when wielded by the player, just don’t feel powerful.
> >
> > Whereas Covie vehicles are powerful (with the exception of the Revenant) but they exchange defense and durability for firepower.
>
> The focus rifle is actually really powerful at mid range
> I dont see why some many people hate it

Because you can`t use it as an actual sniper against the human sniper.

I liked the h3 covy weapons better because they could actually do damage not like the pre-tu NR and plasma repeater.

They all became pretty useless and most players end up using human weapons against aliens.

> > > There’s one thing Reach did right, but barely.
> > >
> > > The plasma rifle is still underpowered against flesh, the concussion rifle is a nerfed (for the player) reskinned Brute Shot (arcs + low damage), the plasma pistol overcharge is nerfed for the player, the needler is nerfed for the player.
> > >
> > > The needle rifle is the only useful Covie weapon I have come across (I’ve only played the demo).
> > >
> > > Basically, Covie weapons, when wielded by the player, just don’t feel powerful.
> > >
> > > Whereas Covie vehicles are powerful (with the exception of the Revenant) but they exchange defense and durability for firepower.
> >
> > The focus rifle is actually really powerful at mid range
> > I dont see why some many people hate it
>
> Because you can`t use it as an actual sniper against the human sniper.
>
> I liked the h3 covy weapons better because they could actually do damage not like the pre-tu NR and plasma repeater.
>
> They all became pretty useless and most players end up using human weapons against aliens.

What are your talking about
If any thing the 2 against each other its unfair for the human one because the alien one Has a constant rate of fire making it impossible for the human to use the scope and properly aim. Plus It is much easier to aim

And the needle rifle is great. Its like a automatic DMR

plasma is for shields, bullets are for flesh, ordnance and power weapons are for both, always has been and always should be.

When you say “Like Reach” I’m glad you only mean in terms of diversity. But in Halo CE there were no 2 weapons that were “Alike”. I’d like a blend of Halo CE and Reach, but with modification so Covy weapons are actually GOOD and compete with human counterparts.

List of good/bad counterpart comparisons:

CQC Rifles
The Plasma Rifle was a mid-range weapon, accurate and stunning. The AR was restricted to close range, sprayed everywhere, but melted anyone standing in front of you. So it was much better a “Rifle” equivalent than the Plasma Repeater, which is basically a projectile AR with a different reload mechanism.

Sidearm
Plasma Pistols/Needlers and Magnums are all different, and awesome. Along with the Mauler.

Precision Rifles
The BR and Carbine were similar, but VERY different. The “3 shot burst vs Semi-Auto” played out really well. The DMR and NR are basically the same thing in Vanilla Reach, and only play differently in TU, the choice of control = power on the DMR, or automatic = consistency on the NR. But they AREN’T DIFFERENT ENOUGH.

Light Ordinance
Grenade Launchers and Concussion Rifles are VERY diverse. I would like to see the Halo 2 Brute Shot in the mix as well, but the Halo 3 BS and CR are practically the same.

Snipers
The Sniper/Focus Rifle problem is entirely because the focus rifle was designed too weak. What it SHOULD do is massive damage, but overheats VERY rapidly, punishing players who miss too much alot more, and making it harder to control your “heat” with bursts. I also think once an enemy’s shield is down, the Focus Rifle should be able to perform “instant kills” by hitting the head with the beam, giving a Sniper Headshot medal.

CQC Power Weapons
The Shotgun and Sword are PERFECT examples of “similar but different”

Anti-Vehicle
Rockets and Fuel Rod were the most different in Halo CE. Rockets were straight-firing projectiles, Fuel Rods were heavily arcing Artillery. Similar to the Wraith and the Scorpion, if the Scorpion’s projectiles moved slower.

Anti-Air
Laser/Plasma Launcher are both awesome and different. The Plasma Launcher should get more bang for it’s buck, a full volley of 4 rounds should do twice as much damage as 1 laser shot.

I prefer Human - Covenant counterparts, honestly… its better for Elites Vs Spartans situation… that is, if we see elites equal to spartans again…

> I prefer Human - Covenant counterparts, honestly… its better for Elites Vs Spartans situation… that is, if we see elites equal to spartans again…

Sangheili must be superior to spartans.

The Plasma Repeater was incredible at close range. The amount of plasma takes out shields instantly and does a good number to health. I think plasma weapons should act like this, at least the automatic ones. Also give the plasma pistol a stun effect when you hit someone with an overcharged shot. The Needler has to have less homing on it. It was too easy to kill someone in Halo: Reach with it. The Carbine really just needs to look cooler. It’s really fine the way it is in Halo: 3.

Focus Rifle is NO match for a Sniper Rifle. Bring back the Beam Rifle!

> When you say “Like Reach” I’m glad you only mean in terms of diversity. But in Halo CE there were no 2 weapons that were “Alike”. I’d like a blend of Halo CE and Reach, but with modification so Covy weapons are actually GOOD and compete with human counterparts.
>
> List of good/bad counterpart comparisons:
>
> CQC Rifles
> The Plasma Rifle was a mid-range weapon, accurate and stunning. The AR was restricted to close range, sprayed everywhere, but melted anyone standing in front of you. So it was much better a “Rifle” equivalent than the Plasma Repeater, which is basically a projectile AR with a different reload mechanism.
> ya but the plasma rifle is ment to suppress and in a group of 3 its scary as hell. AR 3 vs PR 3 is a horrible fight for the AR
>
> Sidearm
> Plasma Pistols/Needlers and Magnums are all different, and awesome. Along with the Mauler.
> agreed
>
> Precision Rifles
> The BR and Carbine were similar, but VERY different. The “3 shot burst vs Semi-Auto” played out really well. The DMR and NR are basically the same thing in Vanilla Reach, and only play differently in TU, the choice of control = power on the DMR, or automatic = consistency on the NR. But they AREN’T DIFFERENT ENOUGH.
> Agreed
>
> Light Ordinance
> Grenade Launchers and Concussion Rifles are VERY diverse. I would like to see the Halo 2 Brute Shot in the mix as well, but the Halo 3 BS and CR are practically the same.
> sorta. the brute shot seems to have less curve in its shot.
>
> Snipers
> The Sniper/Focus Rifle problem is entirely because the focus rifle was designed too weak. What it SHOULD do is massive damage, but overheats VERY rapidly, punishing players who miss too much alot more, and making it harder to control your “heat” with bursts. I also think once an enemy’s shield is down, the Focus Rifle should be able to perform “instant kills” by hitting the head with the beam, giving a Sniper Headshot medal.
> Too weak? I dont see how it is in any way weaker then the sniper. Sure it takes a second or 2 longer to kill but its mainly a scare weapon in the first place. I mean it hits you your entire screen goes bright and you cant scope for a easy long distance kill because it doesn’t stop firing. If anything its the perfect weapon to fight a sniper with plus if the 2 get in close corner combat who would win the focus rifle who just has to keep the target in his sight and fire constantly, or the sniper rifle who cant even see because of the light.
>
>
> CQC Power Weapons
> The Shotgun and Sword are PERFECT examples of “similar but different”
> Yep
>
> Anti-Vehicle
> Rockets and Fuel Rod were the most different in Halo CE. Rockets were straight-firing projectiles, Fuel Rods were heavily arcing Artillery. Similar to the Wraith and the Scorpion, if the Scorpion’s projectiles moved slower.
> Ya I think the scorpion should of been nerfed in reach
>
> Anti-Air
> Laser/Plasma Launcher are both awesome and different. The Plasma Launcher should get more bang for it’s buck, a full volley of 4 rounds should do twice as much damage as 1 laser shot.
> Agreed

^
all I had to say

I hope you don’t mean in the sense that we have pointless weapons such as the repeater. It seriously irked me that in Reach, covenant weapons weren’t as powerful as those of the UNSC. They’re supposed to be more advanced after all.