Keep JET PACK out of the SERIOUS playlists

this time around, can we please (for the love of non-joke halo) keep jet pack out of the serious playlists in halo 4?

the last thing i want to see is another reach repeat where nearly every single playlist in the entire game is a joke playlist due to wildly imbalanced // gimmick-based mechanics that add absolutely no positive value to the game outside of ‘FLYING IS FUN’.

and for the playlists that DO feature it, you wanna go clutch and place HARD KILL BARRIERS in the THOUSANDS OF EXPLOIT SPOTS your maps will surely feature? you guys STILL havent fixed the kill barriers in halo reach!

the return of jetpack has to be one of the worst pieces of news a hardcore competitive halo fan could ever receive. anyone else incredibly worried at H4 being the same joke-based halo game that reach STILL is?

Not gonna happen bro, we need to keep the ADD ridden 12 year olds happy enough to buy the game inbetween cods.

I can almost guarantee that jetpack will be implemented as a double jump rather than the ‘I’m buzz light-year’ it is now

I’ll most likely just be playing Classic, but the “jetpack” might just be a thruster (like a grav lift) instead of a Reach jetpack. I didn’t read where he actually used it, because he probably didn’t, he just mentioned it. It could be just another misunderstanding like forerunner vision.

> Not gonna happen bro, we need to keep the ADD ridden 12 year olds happy enough to buy the game inbetween cods.

When is there time between two CoD games?

> > Not gonna happen bro, we need to keep the ADD ridden 12 year olds happy enough to buy the game inbetween cods.
>
> When is there time between two CoD games?

exactly. so dont make this game for cod children who just want to fly around without thinking of the repercussions on jet pack to the rest of the game.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

why cause dogs cant look up?

> I can almost guarantee that jetpack will be implemented as a double jump rather than the ‘I’m buzz light-year’ it is now

yea, i’d much prefer this. this being said, i really doubt this is what they would implement. its probably much more likely we’ll see the same JP -Yoink- that we have to deal with in reach.

> > Not gonna happen bro, we need to keep the ADD ridden 12 year olds happy enough to buy the game inbetween cods.
>

Well played, sir.

Urza, welcome back! We need your expert opinion more on these boards. I’m sure you were disappointed like me hearing the latest Halo 4 information.

>

Between 4:07PM and 4:12PM.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

> why cause dogs cant look up?

It’s true, Big Al says so.

maybe it isn’t a jet pack if it’s a thruster meaning only to be used as a double jump then it should stay but if it’s the jetpack we know and despise then keep it out of campaign and MP and put it in Spartan Ops

urza, we don’t know how jet-pack has been implemented and how the maps will play so we can’t tell 343i what to and what not to do when we have little to no information and the subject, telling them what they can and can’t do is bad enough when we do have information and is extremely narcistic which i expect from you but to tell them what they can and cannot do before we have real information is just plain wrong, stupid, insane and boderline psychotic …

> urza, we don’t know how jet-pack has been implemented and how the maps will play so we can’t tell 343i what to and what not to do when we have little to no information and the subject, telling them what they can and can’t do is bad enough when we do have information and is extremely narcistic which i expect from you but to tell them what they can and cannot do before we have real information is just plain wrong, stupid, insane and boderline psychotic …

honestly, im just terrified we’ll see the same jet pack -Yoink- as in halo reach.

along with every single other serious-competitive-minded halo player in the world.

i really cant think of a way to implement jet pack (something that is used to let people fly) to make it not completely gimmick-based. can you? what are they going to do, activate jet pack for 3 seconds = you explode and explode all of your jet packing teammates, too? that might work!

iuno. i guess the ‘double jump’ jet pack idea is pretty neat. and that wouldnt be incredibly overpowered like reach’s jet pack clearly is.

i mean, ESPECIALLY considering we’ll probably see this jet pack menace in nearly every single playlists save MAYBE 2. what if we dont like these 2 playlists, then? we just deal with it? screw that nonsense, i’d rather play a different game than deal with jet pack nonsense.

honestly, its long past time 343 decided to make mechanics based on their effect on GAMEPLAY not their effect on per-pubescent children who like to fly around like faeries.

short bursts long recharge time so you can’t go to high and acts more like a jump pack then an actual jet-pack.

but, just wait untill we get information on how jet-pack works before you start saying its a bad idea, they may very well have balanced it and removing it could be more of a loss then a positive thing …

You’re assuming the Jetpack will work like it did in Reach. If it does, then yeah, I would agree. Otherwise, I’ll wait and see.

Also, if you haven’t heard, it likely that these AAs and game-changing armor won’t be fully integrated like things were in Reach, but featured only in certain gametypes and modes. For example, the instant respawn isn’t featured in objective games.

> short bursts long recharge time so you can’t go to high and acts more like a jump pack then an actual jet-pack.
>
> but, just wait untill we get information on how jet-pack works before you start saying its a bad idea, they may very well have balanced it and removing it could be more of a loss then a positive thing …

we did fine without jet pack for halos 1, 2, AND 3.

losing jet pack is only losing gimmicks, at this point.

while there IS a chance it will be implemented properly, i really doubt we’ll see what we want to see in terms of balance, not being gimmick-based, and not letting people exploit maps that clearly havent been designed for it.

not to mention how nearly every single playlist will probably be plagued with it. so when you are like me, and dont want to play joke-halo, you just dont play halo anymore? personally, i miss my serious halo.

As long as there are more competitive gametypes without AAs such as jetpack, its cool. I like the option to choose. Do I want a playlist with jetpack and other AAs or not. Give me that option and its all cool with me.

“serious” playlists lol…