Keep forge made maps out of Matchmaking.

Halo Reach really disapointed me when I relized there was 8 maps being shipped with the game that where Forge created maps and the other maps where just pull right out of the campaign missions… Really?

For Halo 4, it should have all unique multiplayer maps created by 343 not using forge… Im ok with the fact of pulling maps from campaign but the forge thing is really getting out of hand…

Who else feels the same? Should forge maps be kept out of matchmaking all together? or kept in social playlist, action sack, grab bag or just for ranked playlist? Or keep mass using forge maps?

I’d prefer a custom games browser and a real map creator. Problem solved.

> Who else feels the same? Should forge maps be kept out of matchmaking all together? or kept in social playlist, action sack, grab bag or just for ranked playlist? Or keep mass using forge maps?

Though I haven’t done any work in a while, I am a Forger, and so I see no problem with using Forge maps in any playlist.

I do have a question, though. Forgers don’t Forge just for themselves; we create maps because we want to build something that other people enjoy. So I’m sort of curious: what, specifically, is making you dislike Forge maps? It would be easy to simply relegate Forge maps to a few playlists, but if it were possible to fix the things that people don’t like about them, then that would be the better option: you and other players would have more maps that you’d enjoy, and we Forgers would be able to make things that more people would enjoy.

I agree that Forge maps should stay out of matchmaking for the sole reason that some Forge maps preform poorly with 2 or more players. They should be kept in a playlist like Community Slayer or something.

> > Who else feels the same? Should forge maps be kept out of matchmaking all together? or kept in social playlist, action sack, grab bag or just for ranked playlist? Or keep mass using forge maps?
>
> Though I haven’t done any work in a while, I am a Forger, and so I see no problem with using Forge maps in any playlist.
>
> I do have a question, though. Forgers don’t Forge just for themselves; we create maps because we want to build something that other people enjoy. So I’m sort of curious: what, specifically, is making you dislike Forge maps? It would be easy to simply relegate Forge maps to a few playlists, but if it were possible to fix the things that people don’t like about them, then that would be the better option: you and other players would have more maps that you’d enjoy, and we Forgers would be able to make things that more people would enjoy.

I agree, It isn’t really the forge maps that are at fault. Some view forge maps as being bland and poorly made, but this is really due to the current limitations of forge and isn’t really the maps or mapmakers at fault. Besides, keeping forge maps out of matchmaking would also remove near all the good action sack games.

i totally agree with you good sir… I think they should have made more maps that weren’t made on forge world… In my opinion they should make a playlist that’s just made for forge maps…

> I agree that Forge maps should stay out of matchmaking for the sole reason that some Forge maps preform poorly with 2 or more players. They should be kept in a playlist like Community Slayer or something.

That’s more of a programming issue than a map issue, and may be sorted out by halo 4.

> > I agree that Forge maps should stay out of matchmaking for the sole reason that some Forge maps preform poorly with 2 or more players. They should be kept in a playlist like Community Slayer or something.
>
> That’s more of a programming issue than a map issue, and may be sorted out by halo 4.

In that case, I can’t see any reason to not have Forged maps in MM.

i feel the same OP

Most forgers’ ultimate goals are to get their maps in the Matchmaking rotation. This would make our ambitions almost impossible, and kill/injure many great forge communities.

Strongly disagree.

At least put them in a social hopper. I want to be able to avoid them as well as seek them out.

I have an idea to solve this issue, lets give forged maps their own set of play lists, kind of like campaign and Fire Fight have their own set of play lists.

Forge maps are fine, even good sometimes. Look at Wayont in BTB, updated Abridged. Or Think Twice in TS.

BUT, NO Forge maps for MM shipped on release the way Bungie did it. The maps in mutliplayer, campaign was based around THOSE, not the other way around. So this said, the base maps must have been worked on for a good, long, long time, with a lot of success. (Barring one or two, like Zealot.) However Forge wasn’t fully done until late in development, so the devs who worked on the MM map variants did not have time to make good maps. So we were given shoddy maps like Asylum, Caged/Uncaged, Pinnacle, etc…

Just leave the forge map making for MM to the community cartographers. They make the maps, playtest them, quality check, and then a couple of devs do as well.

> At least put them in a social hopper. I want to be able to avoid them as well as seek them out.

If push comes to shove, having them in a set of playlists would be fine, but it shouldn’t be social because social shouldn’t even exist. Skill-matching should be strict in all playlists, and one of the defining traits of a social playlist is that skill-matching is loose there.

> > At least put them in a social hopper. I want to be able to avoid them as well as seek them out.
>
> If push comes to shove, having them in a set of playlists would be fine, but it shouldn’t be social because social shouldn’t even exist. Skill-matching should be strict in all playlists, and one of the defining traits of a social playlist is that skill-matching is loose there.

I was thinking more along the lines of a playlist where you just go and see what the community has made. Otherwise I don’t honestly want to see forged maps, because frankly I don’t care what you’ve made I don’t want to play on them.

> Halo Reach really disapointed me when I relized there was 8 maps being shipped with the game that where Forge created maps and the other maps where just pull right out of the campaign missions… Really?

Except for Reflection was originally in Halo 2. So it was more like they pulled it out of H2 and put it in Reach’s campaign.

> For Halo 4, it should have all unique multiplayer maps created by 343 not using forge… Im ok with the fact of pulling maps from campaign but the forge thing is really getting out of hand…

I agree with the first part, but not the second. I was really disappointed by Reach’s lack of original maps, but forging is a great part of halo MM.

I don’t mind having forge maps in matchmaking, I just don’t want them to be shipped pretending that they’re real maps. It was an excuse to show off Forge World, but it was ridiculously boring and seemingly lazy.

Not saying Bungie was lazy with it, but I mean, it doesn’t really look like they were active with it.

Scrap the forge playlist’s from matchmaking? Well, I hope you have one hell of a theater mode for file sharing. Otherwise the community’s gonna be pissed.

It really depends on how the new Forge is.

If its just like Reach and has nothing but grey again then I agree to an extent.

However, if its a full blown map editor then all of the maps may be in Forge anyway, so they’d have to be in MM unless you want to just play Firefight.

> I don’t mind having forge maps in matchmaking, I just don’t want them to be shipped pretending that they’re real maps. It was an excuse to show off Forge World, but it was ridiculously boring and seemingly lazy.
>
> Not saying Bungie was lazy with it, but I mean, it doesn’t really look like they were active with it.

That was an interesting moment when they first announced that in one of their ViDocs. I’m a huge Halo guy, I’ve loved every Halo and I’m certain I’ll like future games just because I’m such a huge fan. But when Bungie announced that 7 of their maps would be Forged I was completely shocked that they just kinda said it excited like as if everyone would love that. I personally said “Wow, I don’t know that I’ll enjoy the multiplayer now…” but I did. Yet I still would of rather they had vibrant actually created maps. The forged ones got boring.