KDA, can it be musure skill?

I have been playing halo since CE and I have been debating recently as to should I make my kda a priority. People always talk about it but when I play objective its usually the games I win that result in me going negative. I usually go positive in slayer game modes but when teammates leave I usually have a strict honor code “no rage quitting” should I uphold this and let my kda take a beating when I’m outnumbered or abandon it to save my stats? You guys leave your opinion.

No KD is not a measure of skill what so ever. If you play to win especially in objective type games you will die a lot. It’s easy to camp and pad KD. Just like the on player on here awhile back who got an inconceivable or what ever but his team lost… so yeah he stayed back and went 26-0 or what ever it was but his team lost…

> 2533274816788253;2:
> No KD is not a measure of skill what so ever. If you play to win especially in objective type games you will die a lot. It’s easy to camp and pad KD. Just like the on player on here awhile back who got an inconceivable or what ever but his team lost… so yeah he stayed back and went 26-0 or what ever it was but his team lost…

Disagree. While I think it is definitely not the most important measure of skill, as many CoD fans will claim, it is definitely an indicator.

Evidence: Bad players don’t have 1.5-2.0 KD ratios. Good players, no matter how much they play the objective, don’t have 0.5 KD ratios.

It’s been a while since I played Halo last so my KD took a beating while I played through the Campaign and tried different Arena Modes.
I cringed when I saw how badly not quitting a few bad matches did to my overall stats. If KD was not part of the equation objective matches would be a lot more fun.

If Halo 5 was only slayer, then yes. However, many modes are objective based, and players who play the objective and help their team will die a lot more than players who don’t. Also, since in Arena you are put up against players of a similar skill level, your KD would be closer to 1.0. If KD was what defined skill, an Onyx player with a 1.2 KD would be technically worse than say, a Platinum player with a 1.6 KD (which is probably not true).

Your KD IS important. A good player which I say will typically go on average about 15 and 8, will in most cases always be positive. If you are playing team arena your KD will dip but it shouldn’t suffer by much.
Personally I don’t consider you good unless you have at least a postive KD at the end of a match. I understand having bad games or even bad days but a good player will always finish in the positives no matter who you play with.
I don’t play in a party or even with a buddy but 90% of my matches I will finish positive.
You can’t say it’s only about winning but that KD doesn’t matter. How do you expect to win if you can’t have more kills than the enemy has on you?
Now if you only play objective games or warzone then KD doesn’t matter in the slightest. I’ve had warzone matches that I have gotten maybe 5 kills and died at least 20 times but have 6 boss takedowns and ended up as the top player on my team.
It really just depends on the game mode but overall I think it does matter.

A high K/D means you are valuable in Slayer.

In objective game modes, it means you can stay alive and manhandle the objective, or at least cover your blueberries while they handle it.

The vast majority of cases where someone says K/D doesn’t matter at all, they have a sub-par K/D themselves. They’re just in denial and trying to rationalize it to everyone else.

“K/D doesn’t matter, you can easily farm it”. So if its so easy…then do it?

Bottom line, K/D is an indicator of skill, but it’s not the sole indicator of skill.

K/D is also very dependent on context.

Having a high K/D with a low rank just means you’re smashing noobs. That’s not impressive.

Objective players will have a slightly lower K/D on average for putting themselves at risk more frequently. No, that doesn’t mean you can have a 0.5 K/D and insist “it’s because I play the objective”. Slightly lower on average isn’t the same as -Yoinking!- awful. The only way you can be a good killer and do that poorly in objective is if you’re just blindly rushing the objective at every opportunity, which doesn’t help your team in the slightest. Most likely though you’re just a bad killer trying to cover his tracks with lies.