kd truth

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

K/d in objective isnt meaningless if you go negatice in objective you still suck. Objective is still basedbon killing people. So dumb yo say its meaningless if i go +27 that means im killing there team which means i helped that -15 noob that scored the flag only win because thier team was respawing. So k/d is actually just as important as a flag cap. If you cant get kills in objective you probably wont win.

This really doesn’t help especially when you said “you still suck.”

Although I agree it is pointless to leave KD out of Objective

Ok? It adding to your overall K/d tho is meaning less because you killed people that may have been carrying the objective.

K/D =/= Map control by kills.

> K/d in objective isnt meaningless if you go negatice in objective you still suck. Objective is still basedbon killing people. So dumb yo say its meaningless if i go +27 that means im killing there team which means i helped that -15 noob that scored the flag only win because thier team was respawing. So k/d is actually just as important as a flag cap. If you cant get kills in objective you probably wont win.

So your telling me if I play CTF and get all 3 flag catpures for my team but finish -10 k/d I did worst than someone with 0 flag captures and finished +10 k/d? BS they will show your k/d in the carnage report but it won’t count on your global record which is a good thing if you play ctf who would brag about a 0 FC and +10 k/d? You didn’t do -Yoink-.

> > K/d in objective isnt meaningless if you go negatice in objective you still suck. Objective is still basedbon killing people. So dumb yo say its meaningless if i go +27 that means im killing there team which means i helped that -15 noob that scored the flag only win because thier team was respawing. So k/d is actually just as important as a flag cap. If you cant get kills in objective you probably wont win.
>
> So your telling me if I play CTF and get all 3 flag catpures for my team but finish -10 k/d I did worst than someone with 0 flag captures and finished +10 k/d?

I think thats what hes saying, well I guess I better give up because I suck even though I won the game.

Why create a new thread for this when there is an active one already?

So Team Objective doesn’t effect your K/D? You can still increase your commendations right?

Look, why do you play ctf?.. to -Yoinking!- steal flags and for the team work. Not for slayer. If your only focusing on slaying your a bad ctf player, save that -Yoink- for slayer. I’m a great slayer player but whenn I play ctf I normally finish negitive but I get flag captures because that’s what I’m focused on and what your supposed todo. they will show you k/d but it won’t count on your record so k/d in objective is almost meaningless. You don’t score points for kills, it’s like saying living longer in slayer is not meaningless… it is if your not getting kills.(that’s kind of a bad example but you get the point hopefully.)

> So your telling me if I play CTF and get all 3 flag catpures for my team but finish -10 k/d I did worst than someone with 0 flag captures and finished +10 k/d?

It’s not about who did better or worse. It’s about recognizing that the main slayer is just as important as the runner in a CTF game. YOUR team won is all that really matters.

To win objective games vs. skilled players you will most likely have to out slayer them .

Rushing the objective over and over is not what skilled players will do .

Although I would go - 10 just to win versus going +10 and lose

This is a silly move by 343i to make people go for the objective more - Its not going to change anything

> > So your telling me if I play CTF and get all 3 flag catpures for my team but finish -10 k/d I did worst than someone with 0 flag captures and finished +10 k/d?/quote]
> >
> > It’s not about who did better or worse. It’s about recognizing that the main slayer is just as important as the runner in a CTF game. YOUR team won is all that really matters.
>
> <mark>exactly the W is all that matter. If your slaying do it to help your runner and if your next to him when he dies pick the flag up and try to score cause I have had team mates not even touch the flag I was the only one trying to win and when I died with the flag my teammate next to me didn’t try to pick it up he just walked past.</mark>
>
>
>
> > This is a silly move by 343i to make people go for the objective more - Its not going to change anything
>
> trust me it will.

Slaying the other team
Player 1:Alright, we got 3 of their players down right now, lets keep rushing for the flag while we still have time.

Player 2: I got the flag, protect me. I’m being shot, get him! Nice shot Player 1.

Player 3: Alright we have all their players down.

Player 4: Me and Player 5 are spawn killing, hehaho!

Player 2: Flag Captured!

Being slain by the other team
Player 1: I’m down, go for the flag!

Player 2: Dang, we have 3 of our people down! I’m being double teamed.

Player 3: Sniper on my X!

Player 4: -Yoink-! He got my energy sword!

Player 5: He has the flag going through middle!

Player 3: I just got sniped! Aww man, he sniped Player 2 and 1!

Lost the Lead! Game over.

Skill wins the argument

> > K/d in objective isnt meaningless if you go negatice in objective you still suck. Objective is still basedbon killing people. So dumb yo say its meaningless if i go +27 that means im killing there team which means i helped that -15 noob that scored the flag only win because thier team was respawing. So k/d is actually just as important as a flag cap. If you cant get kills in objective you probably wont win.
>
> So your telling me if I play CTF and get all 3 flag catpures for my team but finish -10 k/d I did worst than someone with 0 flag captures and finished +10 k/d? BS they will show your k/d in the carnage report but it won’t count on your global record which is a good thing if you play ctf who would brag about a 0 FC and +10 k/d? You didn’t do Yoink!.

You both helped the team. The stats don’t really tell the story at all though.

> K/d in objective isnt meaningless if you go negatice in objective you still suck. Objective is still basedbon killing people. So dumb yo say its meaningless if i go +27 that means im killing there team which means i helped that -15 noob that scored the flag only win because thier team was respawing. So k/d is actually just as important as a flag cap. If you cant get kills in objective you probably wont win.

Objective is much more than KDR and/or flag caps. It’s about teamwork in general. Focusing on any single stat is stupid.

Your grammar and spelling need work. I can’t take you seriously until you learn to post in a more professional manner.

> To win objective games vs. skilled players you will most likely have to out slayer them .
>
>
>
> Rushing the objective over and over is not what skilled players will do .
>
>
> Although I would go - 10 just to win versus going +10 and lose
>
>
>
>
> <mark>This is a silly move by 343i to make people go for the objective more - Its not going to change anything</mark>

Your right people are still going to farm kills, but this move doesn’t hurt though. If the kills that you amass through killing in objective don’t show up in your overall k/d then there is a good chance people are less inclined to do it, because there would be almost no point. That’s why I also don’t have a problem with hidden rank. Yes people are still going to boost, derank, cheat, ect., but what’s the point if no one is going to see it?

> > To win objective games vs. skilled players you will most likely have to out slayer them .
> >
> >
> >
> > Rushing the objective over and over is not what skilled players will do .
> >
> >
> > Although I would go - 10 just to win versus going +10 and lose
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > <mark>This is a silly move by 343i to make people go for the objective more - Its not going to change anything</mark>
>
> Your right people are still going to farm kills, but this move doesn’t hurt though. If the kills that you amass through killing in objective don’t show up in your overall k/d then there is a good chance people are less inclined to do it, because there would be almost no point. That’s why I also don’t have a problem with hidden rank. Yes people are still going to boost, derank, cheat, ect., but what’s the point if no one is going to see it?

1. Medals
  2. Credits
  3. Ranking up because of kills and credits

So see it didn’t fix anything .

> Ok? It adding to your overall K/d tho is meaning less because you killed people that may have been carrying the objective.

Killing an objective carrier is just as, if not more important than capping a flag.

Oh look! He has our flag! Lets let him go because killing isn’t important!

>

You wouldn’t have been able to get those 3 caps if it wasn’t for him slaying the other team and keeping them away from you…

> Why create a new thread for this when there is an active one already?

This…