KD and Arena Ranking

After playing with several teammates and opponents that the game has deemed of equal skill to myself I regret to inform you it is not working. There are huge skill gaps within divisions still and the game isn’t capable of telling them apart. That is why I believe KD should be taken into account. It’s unfair when you give one team a Onyx player who has a 0.5 and the opposing team an Onyx who has a 2.0.

I know there is a group of players that curse the KD stat but it’s place is to measure how players are coping in the division they have been placed. This balancement will make the games much more competitive and enjoyable for all parties involved. Discuss.

> 2533274917566811;1:
> After playing with several teammates and opponents that the game has deemed of equal skill to myself I regret to inform you it is not working. There are huge skill gaps within divisions still and the game isn’t capable of telling them apart. That is why I believe KD should be taken into account. It’s unfair when you give one team a Onyx player who has a 0.5 and the opposing team an Onyx who has a 2.0.
>
> I know there is a group of players that curse the KD stat but it’s place is to measure how players are coping in the division they have been placed. This balancement will make the games much more competitive and enjoyable for all parties involved. Discuss.

They currently do take into account KDA, though obviously not moreso than winning/losing. That’s why if you lose but play really well you don’t lose as much in your ranking as if you played really poorly. Same goes for if you win. If you win and get a high KDA then you’ll progress a lot more than other teammates who may have played terribly.

> 2533275017603223;2:
> > 2533274917566811;1:
> > After playing with several teammates and opponents that the game has deemed of equal skill to myself I regret to inform you it is not working. There are huge skill gaps within divisions still and the game isn’t capable of telling them apart. That is why I believe KD should be taken into account. It’s unfair when you give one team a Onyx player who has a 0.5 and the opposing team an Onyx who has a 2.0.
> >
> > I know there is a group of players that curse the KD stat but it’s place is to measure how players are coping in the division they have been placed. This balancement will make the games much more competitive and enjoyable for all parties involved. Discuss.
>
>
> They currently do take into account KDA, though obviously not moreso than winning/losing. That’s why if you lose but play really well you don’t lose as much in your ranking as if you played really poorly. Same goes for if you win. If you win and get a high KDA then you’ll progress a lot more than other teammates who may have played terribly.

They consider it when ranking up, but they don’t for actual matchmaking.

> 2533274917566811;3:
> > 2533275017603223;2:
> > > 2533274917566811;1:
> > > After playing with several teammates and opponents that the game has deemed of equal skill to myself I regret to inform you it is not working. There are huge skill gaps within divisions still and the game isn’t capable of telling them apart. That is why I believe KD should be taken into account. It’s unfair when you give one team a Onyx player who has a 0.5 and the opposing team an Onyx who has a 2.0.
> > >
> > > I know there is a group of players that curse the KD stat but it’s place is to measure how players are coping in the division they have been placed. This balancement will make the games much more competitive and enjoyable for all parties involved. Discuss.
> >
> >
> > They currently do take into account KDA, though obviously not moreso than winning/losing. That’s why if you lose but play really well you don’t lose as much in your ranking as if you played really poorly. Same goes for if you win. If you win and get a high KDA then you’ll progress a lot more than other teammates who may have played terribly.
>
>
> They consider it when ranking up, but they don’t for actual matchmaking.

That is true, I see what you’re saying now. Plus, it’s always a pain in the backside when you play against a team that has like a gold, two platinums, and a diamond but your own team are all golds with one low platinum.

overall kd of .753 is me (i think) I’m not great, but I have fun. I think KD & win-loss should both be implemented into who you are paired with.

> 2533274973681092;5:
> overall kd of .753 is me (i think) I’m not great, but I have fun. I think KD & win-loss should both be implemented into who you are paired with.

I agree. I always hate being put up against Onyx players when you’re only Platinum. Est no bueno.

I think it is more to do with population numbers, at least, in a way I hope it is. I do have some games that are definitely mismatched, and it is disappointing.

Has there been or does anyone have a link to an explanation of the matchmaking system that is used for Halo 5?