Kat's Death Civilian Dialogue

Don’t know if this the best place to discuss this but I’ll just post this here anyway.

So back when I was originally playing the Reach campaign on the 360, I vividly remember hearing dialogue between two characters during the ending cut scene on New Alexandria. The dialogue began as Noble team finished dragging Kat’s Corpse into the room, and it carried on through the black screen just before the shot of Noble team walking through the rubble, looking on at the ruins of the city. The dialogue consisted of woman fearfully exclaiming how she didn’t want to die, and someone else trying to calm her telling her it would be alright. I did not have subtitles enabled, so when I first heard this dialogue I had no clue who was saying it, and I thought It was from a flashback.

Recently, I watched a compilation of all the cutscenes from Halo Reach on Youtube, and during that specific cutscene, I couldn’t hear the dialogue I remembered hearing back on the 360, but the subtitles in-game showed that two civilians were speaking to each other with the exact same dialogue I remembered. I assumed since the footage in the video was from the MCC, it must’ve suffered from audio issues not present in the original game, so I searched for videos with footage from the 360 version and I couldn’t find a single video where the dialogue could be heard. Whether it was videos taken using a camera to record their television or recorded via capture card, I couldn’t hear the dialogue play in ANY of the videos I found.

I’m going to go see if I can find my original copy of reach, and play it on my 2007 360 to see if not having a Mandela-effect moment. If anyone else remembers hearing this dialogue, please let me know so I feel less crazy about remembering it, and If anyone has a link to a video which includes the audio, I would greatly appreciated it.

There’s never been any dialogue for that part. Even in the original Reach those particular subtitles had no corresponding dialogue, so you just have silence while the subtitles and music play.

Most likely those lines were either cut and they forgot to remove the subtitles, or the lines were just never recorded.

OG Halo 2 has a moment like this as well, at the beginning of the level The Arbiter. When the Elites say “We shall grind them into dust!”, another subtitle briefly pops up saying “- scrape them as excrement from out boots!”. This line was probably removed because Elites don’t wear boots, so the line wouldn’t make sense.

> 2533274892901745;2:
> There’s never been any dialogue for that part. Even in the original Reach those particular subtitles had no corresponding dialogue, so you just have silence while the subtitles and music play.
>
> Most likely those lines were either cut and they forgot to remove the subtitles, or the lines were just never recorded.
>
> OG Halo 2 has a moment like this as well, at the beginning of the level The Arbiter. When the Elites say “We shall grind them into dust!”, another subtitle briefly pops up saying “- scrape them as excrement from out boots!”. This line was probably removed because Elites don’t wear boots, so the line wouldn’t make sense.

Thank you for responding, I just went back on my 360 and played the whole mission on legendary and I couldn’t hear the audio I remembered hearing all those years ago, i have no idea why I remember a scared woman on the verge of tears and someone comforting her, or at least something along those lines; maybe my memory sucks. I just remember people talking through out the cut-to-black after Kat’s death.

> 2533274906366121;3:
> > 2533274892901745;2:
> > There’s never been any dialogue for that part. Even in the original Reach those particular subtitles had no corresponding dialogue, so you just have silence while the subtitles and music play.
> >
> > Most likely those lines were either cut and they forgot to remove the subtitles, or the lines were just never recorded.
> >
> > OG Halo 2 has a moment like this as well, at the beginning of the level The Arbiter. When the Elites say “We shall grind them into dust!”, another subtitle briefly pops up saying “- scrape them as excrement from out boots!”. This line was probably removed because Elites don’t wear boots, so the line wouldn’t make sense.
>
> Thank you for responding, I just went back on my 360 and played the whole mission on legendary and I couldn’t hear the audio I remembered hearing all those years ago, i have no idea why I remember a scared woman on the verge of tears and someone comforting her, or at least something along those lines; maybe my memory sucks. I just remember people talking through out the cut-to-black after Kat’s death.

thats a bit creepy that you heard that audio 343 might have remembered they forgot to take that audio out in a update or something along those lines

> 2533274906366121;1:
> Don’t know if this the best place to discuss this but I’ll just post this here anyway.
>
> So back when I was originally playing the Reach campaign on the 360, I vividly remember hearing dialogue between two characters during the ending cut scene on New Alexandria. The dialogue began as Noble team finished dragging Kat’s Corpse into the room, and it carried on through the black screen just before the shot of Noble team walking through the rubble, looking on at the ruins of the city. The dialogue consisted of woman fearfully exclaiming how she didn’t want to die, and someone else trying to calm her telling her it would be alright. I did not have subtitles enabled, so when I first heard this dialogue I had no clue who was saying it, and I thought It was from a flashback.
>
> Recently, I watched a compilation of all the cutscenes from Halo Reach on Youtube, and during that specific cutscene, I couldn’t hear the dialogue I remembered hearing back on the 360, but the subtitles in-game showed that two civilians were speaking to each other with the exact same dialogue I remembered. I assumed since the footage in the video was from the MCC, it must’ve suffered from audio issues not present in the original game, so I searched for videos with footage from the 360 version and I couldn’t find a single video where the dialogue could be heard. Whether it was videos taken using a camera to record their television or recorded via capture card, I couldn’t hear the dialogue play in ANY of the videos I found.
>
> I’m going to go see if I can find my original copy of reach, and play it on my 2007 360 to see if not having a Mandela-effect moment. If anyone else remembers hearing this dialogue, please let me know so I feel less crazy about remembering it, and If anyone has a link to a video which includes the audio, I would greatly appreciated it.

Well they are actually there
I saw a video by General Kidd where he was flying in that cutscene and in the room that noble team drag kats body in there are actually 2 civilians
I don’t know why tho you don’t always hear the dialogue maybe the IWHBYD skull?

I’ve never heard the dialogue when I have played, but I do play with Subtitles on and have seen the subtitles for the dialogue.