K/D will not be a stat to look at in Halo 4

So the Halo 4 system will basically pair you up against players your own skill (in theory). This should (in theory) make everyone’s K/D about 1.

Even if it is a bad player, he is playing bad players and will have a K/D of around 1.

How can I look at a bad player’s K/D of 1 and say it is better or worse than a good player’s K/D of 1 without seeing what their skill is ranked at?

I’m sure it with the most of the stats in Halowaypoint, like invisible ranks

> So the Halo 4 system will basically pair you up against players your own skill (in theory). This should (in theory) make everyone’s K/D about 1.
>
> Even if it is a bad player, he is playing bad players and will have a K/D of around 1.
>
> How can I look at a bad player’s K/D of 1 and say it is better or worse than a good player’s K/D of 1 without seeing what their skill is ranked at?

Score per minute?

Although it is anoying that 343i is striping the UI of it’s “what we actualy care about” items simple math isnt that hard. You got 24 kills and 6 deaths Its fine if they take away some processing power to compute your KD from that.

Well skill rank should be based off of win/loss, so you could have a good player with a K/D of 3+ consistently carrying teams of bad players.

So people have a problem with a matchmaking system that places people of various skills together…

Now… people have a problem with trying to match people of equal or similar skill together?

Right, so, I officially despise gamers and feel a little bit sick to count myself as one.

Actually you might be right because if you look closely at the new waypoint features vid, there is no K/D displayed on the war games summary screen. There is Games Played and Games Won but no K/D.

I might have missed it though in which case I’m blind, but I did look and couldn’t see it.

So you think everyone’s K/D will be 1. Lol wut?

can we please just let this go and just be happy that there is a halo 4?

Um no… This important to a large population of halo players.

> So the Halo 4 system will basically pair you up against players your own skill (in theory). This should (in theory) make everyone’s K/D about 1.
>
> Even if it is a bad player, he is playing bad players and will have a K/D of around 1.
>
> How can I look at a bad player’s K/D of 1 and say it is better or worse than a good player’s K/D of 1 without seeing what their skill is ranked at?

OP is ignoring the fact that H3 had TrueSkill and everyone’s K/D wasn’t at 1.

I care about my kd if its above 1 then idc but i do try to make it go higher and objective games i go for kills and let either team mates or friends play the objective i do sometimes help my friends defend objectives just so i can get kills lol and i like spawn killing idc if u got a prob with tht, its in my nature to kill those who just reappear