K/D Ratio Question

Just wondering why the in-game K/D Ratio is different than the Waypoint K/D Ratio. Which one am I suppose to believe?

> 2533274834712357;1:
> Just wondering why the in-game K/D Ratio is different than the Waypoint K/D Ratio. Which one am I suppose to believe?

You may be comparing KDA, which is what is prominent in game. KDA adds assists to the equation, while the K/D is simple kills divided by deaths.

In game it shows KDA I believe, which is calculated by (Kills + Assists/3) / Deaths
On Waypoint it’s just K/D

Your kill/death ratio is what is on Waypoint. It’s simply kills divided by deaths.

What you see in Halo 5 is KDA, and it’s not a ratio. It’s a spread. Say for example you have 10 kills and 5 deaths. Your KD ratio would be 2.0 (10/5). But your spread would be 5.0 (10-5). Halo 5 also counts assists as 1/3rd of a kill. So if you have 10 kills, 2 assists, and 5 deaths, your KDA would be 5.6. The KDA you see under your service record, in game, is an average KDA per game. In short, the formula for KDA in game is this…

((Kills+(Assists/3))-Deaths)/Games Played

This is purely speculation, but I think 343i focused more on your spread to encourage more action. If I camp and go 6 kills, 2 deaths every game, my KD will be spectacular over the long run. But the guy who is more active and gets 14 kills and 8 deaths will have the better KDA.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not revive old threads.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

How do you see your kd ratio?

> 2535452750357721;5:
> How do you see your kd ratio?

In the navigation menu, choose, service record.

Also in Xbox achievement when you compare with friends its different then Waypoint too.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not revive old threads.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I have a question, is it possible to delete or reset your KDA