K/D ratio only for Slayer?

After reading this comment Frankie made in the bulletin last night it sounds like what you do in objectives doesn’t count towards your overall K/D ratio. If this is the case then people will focus more on winning.

> When comparing yourself to teammates, medal points make all the difference and in each mode you’ll earn specific points for not only scoring but also helping your teammates. CTF, for example, has medals for “Flag Driver”, “Flag Assist”, and “Flag Defense”. We will be reporting stats for War Games as a mode, but also for the individual game base variants, meaning the underlying game types like CTF, Regicide, Slayer, etc. K/D ratio in general will only be highlighted for Slayer.

I honestly would not be surprised.

343i…continuing to do it right. K/D stats have no purpose in objective game modes.

I hope so. I’m tired of people going into objectivegames just to farm kills (I have a friend who does this all the time). Traking K/D in objective games completely kills the spirit of those gametypes.

I’m not sure if its saying that there will be no k/d tracking in objective, or that it just won’t be shown to the public when you look at their playercard (or something along those lines.)

If it’s true that k/d is not tracked in objective games, this is great news. Hopefully this will stop objective games from turning into a prolonged game of slayer.

I want to kiss that bald head…

Every time I hear something new I am one step closer to cancelling my pre-order. If it weren’t for the campaign I wouldn’t be buying this game at all.

> 343i…continuing to do it right. K/D stats have no purpose in objective game modes.

I completely agree. I think it should be available to view yourself though.

The replies in this thread also make me want to blow out my own knee caps.

3rd post lulz.

Come to think of it, it’s still gonna be a million times more fun to just get 80 kills in a multi-team game of oddball than holding a ball for 3 minutes and winning. So yeah, not really putting me off. Sorry 343, swing and miss.

> I want to kiss that bald head…

Don’t we all ;D

I think he is saying that there will be an overall k/d but it will also be listed individually like in halo reach where competitive and invasion had there separate k/d’s listed. So you can still boost your overall k/d.

[deleted]

> 3rd post lulz.
>
> Come to think of it, it’s still gonna be a million times more fun to just get 80 kills in a multi-team game of oddball than holding a ball for 3 minutes and winning. So yeah, not really putting me off. Sorry 343, swing and miss.

You are the 5%…

…of the people who ruin online multiplayer. Congrats on being that guy. :foreveralone:

What a noob friendly feature.

> > 3rd post lulz.
> >
> > Come to think of it, it’s still gonna be a million times more fun to just get 80 kills in a multi-team game of oddball than holding a ball for 3 minutes and winning. So yeah, not really putting me off. Sorry 343, swing and miss.
>
> You are the 5%…
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> …of the people who ruin online multiplayer. Congrats on being that guy. :foreveralone:

Well to me 343 are ruining matchmaking. You may not like it, but I’ll play the game the way that I find fun. Not my fault that I find it fun killing people like you over and over and over again instead of holding a ball for 3 minutes. I’ll try and win in a playlist that requires skill to win, aka MLG or competitive custom games, not the gimmick filled nonsense 343 are showing off. Sorry to ruin your day.

[deleted]

What’s funny is most people that “farm” for kills aren’t doing it for their k/d. Most of them are doing it to try and go for multikills and high kill sprees. Unless those are taken out of objective games people will still “farm” kills. Which would just be a shame because some people like to challenge themselves differently then most of you.

> > Well to me 343 are ruining matchmaking. You may not like it, but I’ll play the game the way that I find fun. Not my fault that I find it fun killing people like you over and over and over again instead of holding a ball for 3 minutes.
>
> Then don’t play objective…? And don’t complain about objective in a thread about an objective gametype?

I can get maybe 20 kills in a slayer game opposed to a 80 in a game of Oddball.

EDIT: Also what the guy above me said. Love getting the rush I get when I see medals stacking up. When I can only get 20 kills in a game that isn’t likely to happen unless I get extremely lucky with 0 deaths and all power weapons against people with no fingers.

> What a noob friendly feature.

The meaning behind this feature is to make people focus on capturing the flag and not farm for kills. If you wanna farm for kills then hop on slayer :DD