K/D etc

Hello, this is my first contribution to these forums. I mainly wanted to ask what is considered an impressive K/D ratio in halo 4. I’ve read a couple of threads on this topic already. I want to know what good players regard as a good K/D. I must point out that i ONLY play infinity slayer, not including big team. I have no interest in any other game type. Also i always play solo, that is i don’t party up with friends whatever .

Get a good CSR, K/D means nothing if you haven’t been pared against equally skilled opponents.

Sorry, i should have stated my K/D is just shy of 1.3. Halo 4 is my first halo and obviously i did die quite a lot at first, but quickly got to grips with it. I’ve got about 9900 kills and about 7600 deaths. I never camp but neither do i rush in like cannon fodder. Id say over my last 5000 kills and deaths im running at about 1.7 K/D.

Good point sloppybottom. However, surely the match making process is the same for everyone and thus it gets balanced out?

What is CSR? I’ve not heard that one before.

Well, a good K/D is a positive K/D, but again, if you are looking to show that you are really better than other players get a 50 CSR. It will prove a lot more.

I have a 2.56 K/D
my favourite loadout is:
BR
magnum
frag
thruster pack
resupply
explosives
get power weapons first
BTW don’t care about CSR because it’s useless . It can go down even if you win and are the best player of the game
(my trueskill on halotracker is 44)

> What is CSR? I’ve not heard that one before.

343 is apparently really bad at letting people know they’ve added things to the game… Sigh. Go to your waypoint stats in war games and scroll down. You will have a number rating between 1 and 50 for each playlist. The higher the number the more skilled you are as a player.

> I have a 2.56 K/D
> my favourite loadout is:
> BR
> magnum
> frag
> thruster pack
> resupply
> explosives
> get power weapons first
> BTW don’t care about CSR because it’s useless . It can go down even if you win and are the best player of the game
> (my trueskill on halotracker is 44)

“BTW don’t care about CSR because it’s useless” AKA I can’t get a 50 so I’m going to blame the system instead of my own skills. :slight_smile:

I’m mainly asking because i can’t handle being anything less than really good at a game. I just hate dying. I want to be able to join any fight no matter who is in there and compete. I go positive with regards to K/D in almost all my battles. Well, probably like 8 in every 10 games at least. However, occasionally I’ll be matched with people who have like a k/d of 3 or similar, and naturally i struggle. I hate it.

As others have said, K/D really means little skill wise compared to CSR. Keep playing well/ winning games and you’ll rank up, with a 50 showing you are in the top few percent of players.

What is the secret? Haha

the only other game i play is forza motorsport 4 in which I’m genuinely one of the very best players in the world. That is i can set number 1 times on the hot lap leaderboards.

now playing halo it frustrates the hell out of me coming up against players who clearly are better. I know I’m new to the franchise but im also impatient.

Perhaps try watching Halo pro gameplay/ commentaries on Youtube or running with a good team in MM instead of alone.

> Perhaps try watching Halo pro gameplay/ commentaries on Youtube or running with a good team in MM instead of alone.

This. AGL is going on this weekend, you can watch a live stream if I’m not mistaken.

Until 343 balances weapons K/D doesnt matter IMO. I see high K/D kids smashing heads with DMR. Its a joke. I’m not sure CSR means anything either. We’ll have to wait a couple of months to see were players really stand. Even then Team Throwdown might be the only playlist that truly tests skill.

Just try to go positive and play smart.

Bugger, just checked my CSR, its only 17!! It goes up to 50? Please tell me what determines your CSR? How do i improve it?

> Bugger, just checked my CSR, its only 17!! It goes up to 50? Please tell me what determines your CSR? How do i improve it?

Mainly win every game … You lose you rank down. If you look at people playing “competetive” playlists where winning ranks you up, peoples K/D are slowly going down.

> Bugger, just checked my CSR, its only 17!! It goes up to 50? Please tell me what determines your CSR? How do i improve it?

If you play only Infinity Slayer, the way to improve it is by doing well in all of your games. So going 12-3 is better than going 17-12. At least, that’s what I think it is. It’s either that or being at the top of the team when the game is over. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, your rank will still go up.

I’m not exactly sure entirely, even though I’m a CSR 50 in Infinity Slayer (only because I won 99% of my games and was at the top 80% of the time).

> > Perhaps try watching Halo pro gameplay/ commentaries on Youtube or running with a good team in MM instead of alone.
>
> This. AGL is going on this weekend, you can watch a live stream if I’m not mistaken.

AGL (a professional Halo league) would be a great place to start.

Livestream = http://www.twitch.tv/arenagamingleague

In terms of CSR, some playlists depend on how well you play in a match whilst others depend on your team winning. Basically get a high score and win and you will rank up.

I’ve won 560 of 860 infinity slayer games. Doesn’t seem TOO bad yet I’m only rank 17. Nightmare. I will say I’m more of a cautious player. Is it better to push more?