K/D boosting still ruins Objective.

K/D boosting still ruins Objective, because your kills and deaths still get recorded and go towards your overall ratio, in which too many people care too much about. I hate loosing KOTH because my teammates stood back shooting MY opponents that I was playing KOTH with. It’s a disease, because now I’m doing it. Why should I take deaths for a team that doesn’t care if we win? Objective k/d should be nonexistent. I thought I read that 343 was removing k/d from objective to promote teamwork in objective. I guess they changed their minds before launch.

Your thoughts?

I agree. I am a bit sick of going into games of Oddball or KOTH and being the only one on my team trying to win. I think that there should a objective K/D and a slayer K/D instead of combining them both. It would make it alot easier to see who is good and who is just boosting.

k/d boosters keep me out of objective game types, which is sad because i do enjoy them… when they are played correctly. Only time I ever jump in is with a full party.

Separating the slayer from objective k/d would be great, or they could also show your average score in each objective gametype.

The problem that’s being pointed out is that everyone is mainly going for a K/D Boost within the Objective Playlist(s).

This was also a problem in Reach if not mistaken. Having a K/D system that covers ALL the game is outright stupid. Objective games turn into all out Slayer games that destroy K/Ds(For those who actually try to PLAY THE OBJECTIVE). Those who go strait for kills ruin the playlists.

I’ve been on both sides of this, some games I’ll try and play the objective but then it turns into a Slayer game. I’m not going to go for say the Oddball if my entire team just wants to kill the other team and leave me to myself.

King of the Hill also has this problem(I’m not surprised it was taken out of its own playlist). Why would one try to gain the hill when they know a storm of grenades are going to pour into the hill?

Something has to/needs to change, otherwise Objective just might as well be tossed out and everything just turns into Slayer matches.

Capture the Flag is the only Objective game that I play a decent amount of, and people only going for kills is a problem (I actually pointed out an example of this in a thread I made the other day.)

But yes, I agree K/D should be taken out of objective. People should still be able to get the same medals (killstreak, double kill, etc.) but amount of kills/deaths should not be tracked. I’ve had a few CTF matches where I was the only member of my team who made any effort to get the flag, It goes without saying that we lost that match.

> Capture the Flag is the only Objective game that I play a decent amount of, and people only going for kills is a problem (I actually pointed out an example of this in a thread I made the other day.)
>
> But yes, I agree K/D should be taken out of objective. People should still be able to get the same medals (killstreak, double kill, etc.) but amount of kills/deaths should not be tracked. I’ve had a few CTF matches where I was the only member of my team who made any effort to get the flag, It goes without saying that we lost that match.

Needless to say the K/D issue is what needs to be fixed. If the Global K/D ranking was taken out of Objective games and only included in Slayer based games we would(should) have more players who would focus more on the actual OBJECTIVE and not solely on the kills. Certain players taking advantage to just get their K/D increased would have no motivation or need to play in Objective making it more enjoyable for those who WANT to play it.

If they would have adding a ranking system it would have helped solve this problem

> K/D boosting still ruins Objective, because your kills and deaths still get recorded and go towards your overall ratio, in which too many people care too much about. I hate loosing KOTH because my teammates stood back shooting MY opponents that I was playing KOTH with. It’s a disease, because now I’m doing it. Why should I take deaths for a team that doesn’t care if we win? Objective k/d should be nonexistent. I thought I read that 343 was removing k/d from objective to promote teamwork in objective. I guess they changed their minds before launch.
>
> Your thoughts?

K/D does matter in objective, but it’s not the be all end all.

The lack of a ranking system kills objective.

/thread.

> The lack of a ranking system kills objective.
>
> /thread.

/no

A visible ranking system would help clear some of these issues, but it is not the only solution to the problem.

> The lack of a ranking system kills objective.
>
> /thread.

If you take out ranking what does it boil down to? K/D. This Overall K/D record system that looks at your Overall K/D In EVERY single PLAYLIST is what is killing Objective.

We’re just too focused on giving players a sense of “pride” in themselves just so they can feel like they’re the best out of everyone. It’s all about how high your level is, how high your K/D is, how many wins you have, what your armor looks like, etc.

When you give players a K/D system that records everything overall they ignore the games’ objectives and makes them strive for the kills to improve that K/D.

Maybe some day 343i will stop wanting noobs to feel good about themselves and move back to the halo 3 winning system. You got exp by winning, and the faster you do it, the better.

Halo 3- Win as fast as you could
Halo Reach- Win or lose, just spawn camp
Halo 4- Get the lead by a little, then spawn camp

Its a no brainer- unless your a money hungry company that wants all the little COD kiddies to feel good about themselves rather than making a quality game.

> > The lack of a ranking system kills objective.
> >
> > /thread.
>
> /no
>
> A visible ranking system would help clear some of these issues, but it is not the only solution to the problem.

It’s probably not the only solution to the problem. However, it worked before with this issue. K/D boosting DID NOT HAPPEN AT ALL in Halo 3.

I don’t see why you don’t go back to something that worked as a company.

Why can’t we just remove K/D records for objective, and nullify points for kills that don’t contribute to the game (that don’t relate to defensive/offensive moves, carrier kills, etc)? Objective should always reward those who play for the objective, and not those who are looking for easy kills.