Just your average "MLG" player

Dmr, Boltshot, Promethean vision, frag grenades.

Yes. Why?

Because everything else is weak. Either use all the pro stuff or none of it.

Its people like you that just make this game so amazing… -sarcasm-

> Yes. Why?
>
> Because everything else is weak. Either use all the pro stuff or none of it.

Hahaha. You’re a funny guy.

I actually think it’s why people stop caring about Halo. They’ve been playing the same sidestepping firing precision weapon for the last 10 years and want something different. They tried it with Halo but always get stamped out by these, “MLG proskill” players and are discouraged from even touching the franchise again. Then these “pros” start complaining about how what they’re not getting is the reason why people aren’t playing Halo.

…what’s wrong with Frag Grenades?

> Its people like you that just make this game so amazing… -sarcasm-

It’s people like you who complain about complainers.

Logically, that sounds stupid.

It’s the pro players, the hardcore ones, the ones who’ve been with the franchise and logically are good at it, who will be playing the game long after the christmas noobs have placed it on their shelf in favor of the newest hit FPS their friends are playing as well.

So shouldn’t 343 cater to them? They play the game the most; they know the good, the bad, the dirty. Its not wrong to cater to bad players, but you shouldn’t be creating a game for bad players.

Oh, I dunno, trueskill and rank probably could’ve solved any bk’s not having fun due to being pounded by better players. And it would actually spite them to improve.

You pretty much have to use these weapons if you really want to win because no one wants to be the guy using an automatic weapon and getting killed by dmr spammers from across the map

Besides the fact that MLG doesn’t even do Halo anymore, “pros” don’t use the DMR, Boltshot OR PV…

> > Its people like you that just make this game so amazing… -sarcasm-
>
> It’s people like you who complain about complainers.
>
> Logically, that sounds stupid.
>
> It’s the pro players, the hardcore ones, the ones who’ve been with the franchise and logically are good at it, who will be playing the game long after the christmas noobs have placed it on their shelf in favor of the newest hit FPS their friends are playing as well.
>
> So shouldn’t 343 cater to them? They play the game the most; they know the good, the bad, the dirty. Its not wrong to cater to bad players, but you shouldn’t be creating a game for bad players.
>
> Oh, I dunno, trueskill and rank probably could’ve solved any bk’s not having fun due to being pounded by better players. And it would actually spite them to improve.

They may play the game the most. But they are also by far and away the minority of those that play the game.

That is why Halo 4 turned out as it has.

> I actually think it’s why people stop caring about Halo. They’ve been playing the same sidestepping firing precision weapon for the last 10 years and want something different. They tried it with Halo but always get stamped out by these, “MLG proskill” players and are discouraged from even touching the franchise again. Then these “pros” start complaining about how what they’re not getting is the reason why people aren’t playing Halo.

More like they removed ranked which lead to players of vastly differing skills constantly getting matched up together which is fun for neither side and they refuse to accept the fact that no one wants to play Reach or anything like it.

It has nothing to do with Halo being unpopular.

Lets see, the last Halo game we got took 3 years, 3 CoD games and many other block busters to finally get it off teh number one spot while Reach and Reach 2 couldn’t even survive a single CoD game at #1.

Any rational person would instantly realise that Reach and Reach 2 are terrible and people want to play Halo.

Yep, that’s you average COD MLG loadout.

AGL has picked up Halo and the DMR and Boltshot are “power” weapons and AA’s are earned through ordnance. The BR is the new primary.

People still care about MLG? MLG is as much a sport as competitive cheerleading.

> > Its people like you that just make this game so amazing… -sarcasm-
>
> It’s people like you who complain about complainers.
>
> Logically, that sounds stupid.
>
> It’s the pro players, the hardcore ones, the ones who’ve been with the franchise and logically are good at it, who will be playing the game long after the christmas noobs have placed it on their shelf in favor of the newest hit FPS their friends are playing as well.
>
> So shouldn’t 343 cater to them? They play the game the most; they know the good, the bad, the dirty. Its not wrong to cater to bad players, but you shouldn’t be creating a game for bad players.
>
> Oh, I dunno, trueskill and rank probably could’ve solved any bk’s not having fun due to being pounded by better players. And it would actually spite them to improve.

You realize that you’re one of these bad players right? Everyone who uses the boltshot is a bad player…

If you need such a crutch to play that makes you terrible.

So your good because you know how to use something that’s overpowered? You think the boltshot and dmr are balanced dont you? Well alright, come back in a few days and find those two got hit with the nerf bat.

If your a good player then you’ll find interesting ways to kill people with balanced weapons and tactics rather than tricking your little mind into thinking your good because you use something that probably shouldn’t have been brought into the game.

In my opinion frags are abit ridiculous as a matter of fact, that splash damage is super crazy, but I don’t think your bad for using them.

Im just stating that the particular combo I posted is whats making players “pro”…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I actually think it’s why people stop caring about Halo. They’ve been playing the same sidestepping firing precision weapon for the last 10 years and want something different. They tried it with Halo but always get stamped out by these, “MLG proskill” players and are discouraged from even touching the franchise again. Then these “pros” start complaining about how what they’re not getting is the reason why people aren’t playing Halo.

This ^^

What a lot of “MLG” players don’t realize is not everyone enjoys stripped down “competitive” Halo…over and over and over and over. Its showing its age, and its extremely predictable. Thats why Halo will never have the numbers it use to have; people are just sick of the “been there, done that”.

And when Halo does try to change up a bit to keep things fresh and get some newer players; Elitists spit on it and cry foul.

I’m sorry, but that’s bull. Besides the DMR (BTW I stomp DMR users with mah BR) there’s a counter to that LO. Boltshot - Don’t get close, how hard is that? Frags - Frag them back! PV - Stealth or AC

> I’m sorry, but that’s bull. Besides the DMR (BTW I stomp DMR users with mah BR) there’s a counter to that LO. Boltshot - Don’t get close, how hard is that? Frags - Frag them back! PV - Stealth or AC

Lol it’s kind of impossible not to get in up close fights in this game…

Promethean Vision to see any people camping immediately around you? When most see that and hear the noise they start to move because you can see them which will flush them out to your team if you are coordinating. There are ways to overcome such things.