Just when I thought I was enjoying this game

Coming into today, I had a CSR of 42 in Regicide. I just played 20 games and these are the results:

1st place: 11 times
2nd place: 8 times
3rd place: 0 times
4th place: 1 time
5th place: 0 times
6th place: 0 times
DNF: 0 times

After that, I am still a CSR of 42.

Can someone explain to me how that is even possible. Are the 2nd places hurting me? If that’s the case, this gametype is pointless to even try at, because half the time the 2nd place player has more kills than the 1st place player. But yes I know it is all about points. Ok, so coming in 2nd out of 6 players should hurt your rank? Are you serious? Something is seriously wrong here. And just when I thought I was starting to enjoy this game…

Oh and the other explanation I’ll probably get is, “Well the people you’re playing against are lower than you.” Well then what is the point of even playing? If I’m only going to get matched against players lower than me, and beating them gets me nowhere, then there is nothing to gain. If that’s what is happening, that means you can only go down? Why would you even risk it?

Maybe they have other accounts and only play them so they don’t risk losing their 50 rank on their main account?

> Maybe they have other accounts and only play them so they don’t risk losing their 50 rank on their main account?

I don’t understand how that explains any one of my questions, but thanks for replying and trying to help.

i wouldnt attempt CSR or bother trying to get it up, from what i have heard its a broken system anyway

You went up as high as 44 in the middle but like you suspected the 2nds were deranking you because everyone is lower rank…

The system would work fine if only the population was high enough to match people of similar ranks, but its not…

> i wouldnt attempt CSR or bother trying to get it up, from what i have heard its a broken system anyway

I’m seeing that now. I just wish 343 would do something right to give me hope for Halo 5. But right now they’re not impressing me.

> You went up as high as 44 in the middle but like you suspected the 2nds were deranking you because everyone is lower rank…
>
> The system would work fine if only the population was high enough to match people of similar ranks, but its not…

Yep, I just went back to look at each individual CSR per game, and that is what is happening. So basically there is no reason to play if I’m only going to get matched up against lower ranks. First places didn’t even move me unless there was a 43 in the game, because me and that guy played several games against each other. So any other time, no matter what happens I can only go down. That makes sense.

But heres the real question: Even if the population was high, how does someone even reach a high rank to begin with? Like how can anybody get a 50 if there are no other 50s to play against? This system is flawed. And the best part is that I’m going down when coming in 2nd place out of 6 people. I’m beating 4 people and losing to 1. So that should de-rank me? I could understand the 2nd places not ranking me up, but DE-RANKING me?

The 11 times you placed first you were playing against all people who had a lower CSR than you, and there for would not gain any?

That’s the only thing I can think of.

> The 11 times you placed first you were playing against all people who had a lower CSR than you, and there for would not gain any?
>
> That’s the only thing I can think of.

Ok, but then how does anyone ever get a high rank? If you can’t rank up by beating players lower than you, how does anyone ever reach the higher ranks?

Pretty sure the population of higher ranked players would need to be high enough in the playlist for you to get 50. Is there even any 50s in Regicide? I haven’t seen any. Maybe that’s why they are trying to revive the playlist before they shut it down? Your questions just lead me to more of my own questions personally.

> Yep, I just went back to look at each individual CSR per game, and that is what is happening. So basically there is no reason to play if I’m only going to get matched up against lower ranks. First places didn’t even move me unless there was a 43 in the game, because me and that guy played several games against each other. So any other time, no matter what happens I can only go down. That makes sense.
>
> But heres the real question: Even if the population was high, how does someone even reach a high rank to begin with? Like how can anybody get a 50 if there are no other 50s to play against? This system is flawed. And the best part is that I’m going down when coming in 2nd place out of 6 people. I’m beating 4 people and losing to 1. So that should de-rank me? I could understand the 2nd places not ranking me up, but DE-RANKING me?

Well if the population was high, and you were the highest rank out of any player. You could be a 42 playing a games against all 38s and you’d still rank up fine. The problem is that now you’re not playing against guys a few ranks under you, you’re literally playing against people who are CSR 1 some of the time and in the few games I checked most players were under CSR 10. I would imagine that with a gap of 30 levels between you, it doesn’t matter how much you beat the player by, its not going to have any noticable effect on CSR.

So beating 5 people who are CSR10, but coming second to someone CSR30. Is just going to be equivilant to losing to the CSR30, the fact you beat the others will have negligible impact, so it’ll be like a loss.

> > Yep, I just went back to look at each individual CSR per game, and that is what is happening. So basically there is no reason to play if I’m only going to get matched up against lower ranks. First places didn’t even move me unless there was a 43 in the game, because me and that guy played several games against each other. So any other time, no matter what happens I can only go down. That makes sense.
> >
> > But heres the real question: Even if the population was high, how does someone even reach a high rank to begin with? Like how can anybody get a 50 if there are no other 50s to play against? This system is flawed. And the best part is that I’m going down when coming in 2nd place out of 6 people. I’m beating 4 people and losing to 1. So that should de-rank me? I could understand the 2nd places not ranking me up, but DE-RANKING me?
>
> Well if the population was high, and you were the highest rank out of any player. You could be a 42 playing a games against all 38s and you’d still rank up fine. The problem is that now you’re not playing against guys a few ranks under you, you’re literally playing against people who are CSR 1 some of the time and in the few games I checked most players were under CSR 10. I would imagine that with a gap of 30 levels between you, it doesn’t matter how much you beat the player by, its not going to have any noticable effect on CSR.
>
> So beating 5 people who are CSR10, but coming second to someone CSR30. Is just going to be equivilant to losing to the CSR30, the fact you beat the others will have negligible impact, so it’ll be like a loss.

I mean it makes sense, but then there is no reason to play anymore if there is nobody near my rank. And then the same thing will happen to other people who get a high rank. 343 didn’t think this through obviously.

> Pretty sure the population of higher ranked players would need to be high enough in the playlist for you to get 50. Is there even any 50s in Regicide? I haven’t seen any. Maybe that’s why they are trying to revive the playlist before they shut it down? Your questions just lead me to more of my own questions personally.

Is there a global leaderboard where I could check that? Because that would explain a lot. And they plan on shutting it down? Great, so all the games I’ve played are just going to not count for anything once it is removed? Awesome.

Play a playlist that is more likely to have players with higher Ranks. Try doubles or throwdown, maybe even CTF. I was playing doubles the other day and a lot of the people I was playing were pushing 40.

The problem with Regicide it’s more of a social playlist. If you wanted FFA, go into Rumble Pit, it has a tougher crowd.

Your not ranking down, you’re just going up marginally slowly. Back in H3. Moving up 48, 49, 50. Could take a while, or was even impossible depending on how many games you’ve played.

Just chill and grind those games. Eventually you’ll pip the post. You wouldn’t want to be a fifty in two weeks anyway. Halo 5 won’t be out until 2014. You don’t want to prematurely achieve all your goals.

[deleted]

> > Pretty sure the population of higher ranked players would need to be high enough in the playlist for you to get 50. Is there even any 50s in Regicide? I haven’t seen any. Maybe that’s why they are trying to revive the playlist before they shut it down? Your questions just lead me to more of my own questions personally.
>
> Is there a global leaderboard where I could check that? Because that would explain a lot. And they plan on shutting it down? Great, so all the games I’ve played are just going to not count for anything once it is removed? Awesome.

Looks like there are no 50s in Regicide http://www.halotracker.com/Halo4/Leaderboards.aspx and they don’t want to shut it down they are looking to add more maps to it and then they are going to monitor its population http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/04/17/The-Halo-Bulletin-41713.aspx.

> Play a playlist that is more likely to have players with higher Ranks. Try doubles or throwdown, maybe even CTF. I was playing doubles the other day and a lot of the people I was playing were pushing 40.
>
> The problem with Regicide it’s more of a social playlist. If you wanted FFA, go into Rumble Pit, it has a tougher crowd.

I would play the team-based games, but my t-mates are always horrible. So I definitely want FFA. I’ve played a little Rumble Pit, and I’m a 26 in that, so I guess I could just play that for a while and then see if more people are higher in Regicide some other day. But the thing I don’t like about Rumble Pit is the ordnances and JIP. Regicide has JIP, but at least you might have a shot at coming back quickly by getting a bunch of regicides.

> Your not ranking down, you’re just going up marginally slowly. Back in H3. Moving up 48, 49, 50. Could take a while, or was even impossible depending on how many games you’ve played.
>
> Just chill and grind those games. Eventually you’ll pip the post. You wouldn’t want to be a fifty in two weeks anyway. Halo 5 won’t be out until 2014. You don’t want to prematurely achieve all your goals.

I know the pains of moving up slowly. I was stuck on 44 forever in Lone Wolves, until one day I just played out of my mind and got to 45. But the thing with that was coming in the top 3 at least counted somewhat towards ranking up. I’m not going to grind something out when coming in 2nd ranks me down.

> i came back from a long break yesterday to see what csr i can still get, go to 28 winning all games (appart from some jip games that i insta quit), get on today and play again i win the game with a score of 29 kills 8 deaths and go from 28 csr to 27. im just so sick of this -Yoink!- game with all its -Yoink!- up Yoink!

Wow so you came in 1st and went down? And JIP games shouldn’t count towards CSR. It makes no sense no matter how you look at it. That’s why I’ve been playing Regicide because you can come back quickly by getting a bunch of regicides.