Just watched the new video

A few things I take issue with on it, first I couldn’t help but notice how they were shoving the word “free” in your face after each cut. As if they are trying to say this is all out of the goodness of their hearts, not paid for by REQ packs and should have been included anyway IMO.

Next, the city looks awesome, Battle of Noctus, I love the idea but I hope they learned some balancing tricks from their previous Warzone maps. I’ve almost given up on Warzone because of the cheat in Assault mode and the lack of objective playing in regular, resulting in some incredibly lopsided battles.

I’m really excited for some new arena, current slayer maps are getting old, here’s hoping there are real maps and not forge again, I like both but the visual appeal of forge maps, and the design of them sometimes wear thin. Overgrowth looks excellent, hopefully it lives up to the promise.

Really stoked for some classic armor, I have Noble but I want the other stuff too, all this ninja themed stuff is ridiculous, looks like it came straight out of a manga comic.

now only if it said social playlists

i dont mind the glitch, i dont use it but i like to hang out in the armory if i see people trying to do it and get free kills off of them

They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.

> 2533274833309866;4:
> They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.

Yeah lol. “Check out our FREE stuff in this Free update, FREEEEEEEEDOM.”

> 2533274833309866;4:
> They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.

Oh I get that, but like I said it’s a bit annoying when they’re advertising free stuff that really should have been in the game already, such as forge! Or more than 3 Warzone maps.

> 2533274884387290;6:
> > 2533274833309866;4:
> > They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.
>
>
> Oh I get that, but like I said it’s a bit annoying when they’re advertising free stuff that really should have been in the game already, such as forge! Or more than 3 Warzone maps.

Agreed.

With such a massive scale, and emphasizing Halo 5 as their “biggest and most ambitious game ever”, you’d think they would have actual content included in the base game to back up those claims. It’s a fun game, but severely lacking compared to past games. And for those saying quality over quantity, why are many of the default maps very simple remixes with slight lighting changes (or reskins, as Regret is)? Quality would mean new assets, layouts, and mechanics for each map trumping the count. But simple forge maps made it in (and they were finished during the beta!).

I love Halo, and this game has so much potential, yet they keep hyping it more than delivering. So many devs make that mistake these days, and it is getting old.

> 2533274833309866;4:

Course, it is only free because people have more than paid for it for everyone else by buying REQ packs. Without that we’d probably be forking over $20 each.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> > 2533274833309866;4:
> > They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.
>
>
> Course, it is only free because people have more than paid for it for everyone else by buying REQ packs. Without that we’d probably be forking over $20 each.

You would pay $20 for each of these updates?

> free stuff that really should have been in the game already, such as forge! Or more than 3 Warzone maps.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-launch-day-matchmaking-playlists-revealed

IDK but everything they said was going to be in game at launch, is in my version of the game. As for other things people “wish” were there at launch either didn’t do there research or were misinformed. OP is over rated

> 2535458386964330;7:
> > 2533274884387290;6:
> > > 2533274833309866;4:
> > > They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.
> >
> >
> > Oh I get that, but like I said it’s a bit annoying when they’re advertising free stuff that really should have been in the game already, such as forge! Or more than 3 Warzone maps.
>
>
> Agreed.
>
> With such a massive scale, and emphasizing Halo 5 as their “biggest and most ambitious game ever”, you’d think they would have actual content included in the base game to back up those claims. It’s a fun game, but severely lacking compared to past games. And for those saying quality over quantity, why are many of the default maps very simple remixes with slight lighting changes (or reskins, as Regret is)? Quality would mean new assets, layouts, and mechanics for each map trumping the count. But simple forge maps made it in (and they were finished during the beta!).
>
> I love Halo, and this game has so much potential, yet they keep hyping it more than delivering. So many devs make that mistake these days, and it is getting old.

You do realize that the remixes aren’t just lighting changes. They use entirely different assets… Eden and empire have the same aesthetic but they do use different assets. Each remix is a different map flow too. I am in the boat that I’d rather have entirely new maps, but saying the remixes are half -Yoinked!- (as you made it seem) is a ridiculous Thing to say.

Also, I’d rather a full game… But if you look at games like Evolve or call of duty, the season passes at launch are ridiculous. Even if 343 pad the “we have a bunch of free content” is a little forced and not so full (thus far) I feel it’s a much more acceptable marketing take than making us pay 60$ for base game and have a 50$ season pass. I’m looking at you Star Wars battlefront…

> 2533274819567236;9:
> > 2533274812652989;8:
> > > 2533274833309866;4:
> > > They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.
> >
> >
> > Course, it is only free because people have more than paid for it for everyone else by buying REQ packs. Without that we’d probably be forking over $20 each.
>
>
> You would pay $20 for each of these updates?

Probably not since I rarely play Halo 5 much anyway. But that was the running price for such DLC in the past, so that’s likely what would be the price we’d have to pay without it.

Saying they’re giving us “free” stuff is just so they can feel good about themselves.

Thanks 343, you’re giving us stuff that should’ve been there to begin with and that’s been in every Halo game before.

> 2533274869022335;11:
> > 2535458386964330;7:
> > > 2533274884387290;6:
> > > > 2533274833309866;4:
> > > > They prob said FREE so often because many other companies have expensive DLC (EA with Battlefront…), and they realize it annoys people. It’s good.
> > >
> > >
> > > Oh I get that, but like I said it’s a bit annoying when they’re advertising free stuff that really should have been in the game already, such as forge! Or more than 3 Warzone maps.
> >
> >
> > Agreed.
> >
> > With such a massive scale, and emphasizing Halo 5 as their “biggest and most ambitious game ever”, you’d think they would have actual content included in the base game to back up those claims. It’s a fun game, but severely lacking compared to past games. And for those saying quality over quantity, why are many of the default maps very simple remixes with slight lighting changes (or reskins, as Regret is)? Quality would mean new assets, layouts, and mechanics for each map trumping the count. But simple forge maps made it in (and they were finished during the beta!).
> >
> > I love Halo, and this game has so much potential, yet they keep hyping it more than delivering. So many devs make that mistake these days, and it is getting old.
>
>
> You do realize that the remixes aren’t just lighting changes. They use entirely different assets… Eden and empire have the same aesthetic but they do use different assets. Each remix is a different map flow too. I am in the boat that I’d rather have entirely new maps, but saying the remixes are half -Yoinked!- (as you made it seem) is a ridiculous Thing to say.

They aren’t as simple as just lighting changes, but that doesn’t take away from my point in the development approach, as evidence shows in the Sprint series.

However, take a look at the current remixes. Eden - what assets are “new” vs altered or ripped from Empire? Further more, how has this been shown to be on any higher quality plane than what forge maps have given us? In design alone (not art/skinning/lighting), the map was a very simple modification of the Empire map.

While I agree that Regret is the most different from its predecessor, it retains much from Truth. Adding a skin to cover parts of the bases (which retain most of their original features) doesn’t do much to show off the “new” assets (the middle area).

From a pure design standpoint, as a functional map, these changes are very simple versus a completely new map from scratch.

I didn’t say that overall quality is lost with these, but offering remixes over new base maps (which is shown in that not all remixes have even been released yet) in the base game shows a clear focus on padding the quantity of content offered instead of adding to the quality of the experiences with full fledged base maps. The flow of remixes may slightly change how the maps play, but in essence, they feel and look similar, which is also the point for their existence - extend the current assets as much as possible, and only add or take away to make the new map flow work.

If the remixes were not advertised as such, would the changed flow make players think that they were new, or were they similar enough that players would more readily accept them for what they are?

> 2535415766520141;10:
> > free stuff that really should have been in the game already, such as forge! Or more than 3 Warzone maps.
>
>
> http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-launch-day-matchmaking-playlists-revealed
>
> IDK but everything they said was going to be in game at launch, is in my version of the game. As for other things people “wish” were there at launch either didn’t do there research or were misinformed. OP is over rated

Yes I realize that certainly, but the point I was trying to make was that compared to previous Halo games the content is lacking…
For example, the Forge has been present at launch since Halo 3, in Reach, Halo 4, and MCC. Another example is maps, there are more than a few forged maps present, including one at launch! Thirdly they spread the game modes thinner than butter by having Breakout and Warzone a main focus in the release. I would have much preferred to see one of those modes at launch, and see Breakout added in an update, then we would have more meatier content in the main game at launch.