Just watched footage of Halo 4 CTF

Ok here’s the details:

Can’t drop the flag.

Giant “kick me” sign over the guy with the flag, throwing half of your strategic options into a fire.

Flagnum is ok, but not with the trade off if switching weapons. Most cases when the player engaged I would have switched weapons.

Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.

Discuss.

P.S. to everyone who had attacked me personally, enjoy your infractions/bans. I may have been blunt about my opinion but I never trashed talked anyone.

Ugh, can we not go through this?

> Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.

lets try playing it first, then complain. simple rule no?

CRE-ORDER PANCELLED!

> Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.
>
>
>
> Discuss.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is what’s called an ‘opinion.’ Not to be confused with ‘facts’, Halo players believe their ‘opinion’ is divine truth, and that every other true Halo fan believes exactly as they do.

> > Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.
>
> lets try playing it first, then complain. simple rule no?

Why would I play it when it looks like garbage?

I’m not saying I disagree, but you might want to try to be a little more convincing.

> Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.
>
>
>
> Discuss.

I think you said you “watched” not played a game of the new CTF, correct??
So tell me what happened that you think it needs an update?
Seriously though try it first then discuss. You get a much better impression of the game that way :slight_smile:

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

can we shut the -Yoink- up about this flag carrying 5hit!!! damn!!! wait till u play the game b 4 u bi+ch about it!!! i think it’ll be fine personally =]

> > > Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.
> >
> > lets try playing it first, then complain. simple rule no?
>
> Why would I play it when it looks like garbage?

Call of duty looks like garbage. Look at it’s user base…

> > Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.
> >
> >
> >
> > Discuss.
>
> Here, ladies and gentlemen, is what’s called an ‘opinion.’ Not to be confused with ‘facts’, Halo players believe their ‘opinion’ is divine truth, and that every other true Halo fan believes exactly as they do.

This right here is truth!

I’m pretty excited for the new ctf actually. Beside, we have yet to play it. I’d wait until the game is out and has been played for months before even suggesting to fix it.

> > > Thanks 343. you pretty much ruined the flagship Halo game type. Get your Title Update ready.
> >
> > lets try playing it first, then complain. simple rule no?
>
> Why would I play it when it looks like garbage?

That’s like saying you won’t eat anything if it looked like crap! Oh wait…

That’s like saying you wouldn’t date a girl if she were ugly! Oh wait…

That’s like saying you won’t watch a movie because it looks stupid! Oh wait…
(Joking)

I would do every one of those things just to see what it’s like.

Don’t be such a negative Nancy.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Wow the amount of blind, over optimistic fanboys is astounding.

So don’t play CTF. It’s very simple. Nobody really cares what you specifically play or don’t play, to be honest.

I personally don’t care one bit about the changes. It’s a new game, it’s not meant to be the same thing. That’s the point.

Just to spite OP, I am going to master this new CTF gaemtype and make it my favorite gametype ever.

Take that.

>

So because people disagree with you they are blind fanboys? What makes you think your opinion is superior over others?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

>

Actually the amount of time travelers in these forums is even more astounding…I wish I had a way to know the future…must be nice…

Link to the game please?

Its plain stupid to change 10+year game-types in the first place, then to not include classic options in customs is inexcusable.

Halo CTF is iconic because of the tactics and strategy teams could deploy throwing the flag and running “sneaky caps”. The new CTF should of been Infinity only or a new mode you could CHOOSE to play in the CTF playlist.

First off, I think it looks sweet and I like that they’re making CTF more fast-paced. You don’t slow down with the flag and you have your weapon drawn to make people feel safer when picking up the flag but making them unable to drop it and only able to use the pistol when carrying it so it still has a sense of vulnerability.

Second, this is default settings and you can probably tweak it so you can drop the flag and maybe even remove the ability to have your pistol drawn when carrying the flag. I’m willing to bet that there will be a classic CTF game mode in matchmaking.