Just to clarify UNSC and Covies in Halo 4

Unsc is in halo 4 obviously because of the 2554 Warthog from forza 4 , UNSC infinity and ONIS hunt for Forerunner tech, plus Halo wouldnt be halo without the UNSC.

Also frankies statement " its a big galaxy, some troops may not have gotten the memo that the war is over" ( something very similar to that anyway but the end was the same.)

That suggests old UNSC and Covie forces, opening up firefight mode and allowing covie weapons, again its not halo without covie weapons.

as for the ancient enemy I can’t say.

The reason why I stuck with Halo rather than the other fps is because it had something interesting to offer: Covies.

Also, it wasn’t entirely linear or scripted. Both add to the immersion but do not give us freedom.

I couldn’t agree more. Halo 4 has to have UNSC and, at least, Elites in it to bring that Halo feel to it along with Covenant Weapons and Vehicles.

And grunts. Don’t forget grunts.

> And grunts. Don’t forget grunts.

the icing on the cake of Halo…

maybe it’s the cake itself…

Everyones comment gets two thumbs up!!!
UNSC and Covies FOREVER!!!

I’m a Warthog fan. I’m no car wiz, but I can tell you the Warthog is the greatest vehicle evar! Just ask that gorilla-faced British dude from TopGear :wink:

“Halo 4” should instead be titled “HALO IIII”; it looks cooler, imo.

> Unsc is in halo 4 obviously because of the 2554 Warthog from forza 4

Even though Halo 4 is set in 2553 according to OXM.

> UNSC infinity

We still don’t know what role it will have. It may just crash and burn becoming nothing more than an expensive smoldering wreak. And even if it isn’t, don’t expect a widespread force because according to Halo: Primordium, the Chakas monitor hijacked a ship, probably the Infinity, for it’s own use.

> and ONIS hunt for Forerunner tech, plus Halo wouldnt be halo without the UNSC.

The Forerunner Saga of the Halo books didn’t have the UNSC and they are widely considered some of the best of the franchise. Besides, Halo 4 should be just as mysterious as Halo: CE was, this time without the UNSC.

> Also frankies statement " its a big galaxy, some troops may not have gotten the memo that the war is over" ( something very similar to that anyway but the end was the same.)

He didn’t say that. The actions of the Great Schism were transmitted fleetwide.

> That suggests old UNSC and Covie forces, opening up firefight mode and allowing covie weapons, again its not halo without covie weapons.

Oh boy, more of the same of what we had for nearly 10 years, how boring. You can have a non-canonical Firefigth mode with previous enemies and such. As for Covenant weapons, why not use the Forerunner weapons the Covies based their stuff on?

> as for the ancient enemy I can’t say.

Precursors, the Flood.

> “Halo 4” should instead be titled “HALO IIII”; it looks cooler, imo.

Sigh Did you perhaps mean Halo IV?

And that would look dumb, honestly. It’s way overused.

Govader, Frankie said it was a few years after Halo 3 and OXM isnt always right, when the halo 3 trailer released they said that the reckage of the mombasa space elevator were fallen halos, It was a guess and so was that statement about it being in 2553, look up the vids for the forza 4 warthog it says 2554 plus Frankie DID say that. look it up.

bump

Part of me was hoping for no more covies.

ive just finished glasslands, when frank said about some not knowing the wars over i think he ment human colonies aswell as covies.
this is my take on halo4, halo games allways have 3-way battles(forget the reach FAIL-game).
who says that the third enemy has to be the flood, it could be forerunners???

wouldnt that be to much like GTA IV???

> ive just finished glasslands, when frank said about some not knowing the wars over i think he ment human colonies aswell as covies.
> this is my take on halo4, halo games allways have 3-way battles(forget the reach FAIL-game).
> who says that the third enemy has to be the flood, it could be forerunners???

It won’t be.

Based on all of the information in glasslands and primordium there will not be elites or brutes to fight(I don’t say covenant because there is no more covenant left, only elites and brutes are still hostile). If Master Chief meetes up with the Infinity then we will be seeing the Librarian in person, possibly the Didact too. We will definitly be encountering the precursors although maybe not directly in Halo 4. We will definitly be encountering more flood, again maybe not in Halo 4. The best chance is meeting with forerunners in person, precursors through machines or messages, and the flood could be at any time since we still don’t know where Master Chief has landed. For matchmaking we will most likly not be elites but instead be forerunners with such armor as that of a promethians.