Just Saiyan 343 Mantises still needs work

You lowered it to 6, which is nice, but it still can’t compete with a Tank. It’s a ground vehicle that can be splattered by a Wraith and nearly one shot by Tank.

You need to improve the stomp, shielding and health. Also certain Mantises have tighter reticule spread than others. How does the regular mantis have a better turret than the Tundra for example? They all should have good tight spread.

Mantises still rarely appear for a reason, cuz they’re still -Yoink-.

> 2533274821174589;1:
> You lowered it to 6, which is nice, but it still can’t compete with a Tank. It’s a ground vehicle that can be splattered by a Wraith and nearly one shot by Tank.
>
> You need to improve the stomp, shielding and health. Also certain Mantises have tighter reticule spread than others. How does the regular mantis have a better turret than the Tundra for example? They all should have good tight spread.
>
> Mantises still rarely appear for a reason, cuz they’re still -Yoink-.

Blame the Mantis user, not the Mantis.
I’m fine using the Mantis. Learn to be agile, aware, and adaptable.

I don’t think Mantises are underpowered as such, but vehicles are way too easy to destroy in warzone. I get that because you can have many vehicles on the map at once making them easy to destroy would benefit the victim team, but when those vehicles, when used in an offensive push, can be taken out in 3 seconds by some random guy with a plasma pistol and the ability to press X, it gets really annoying.

> 2533274913126156;2:
> > 2533274821174589;1:
> > You lowered it to 6, which is nice, but it still can’t compete with a Tank. It’s a ground vehicle that can be splattered by a Wraith and nearly one shot by Tank.
> >
> > You need to improve the stomp, shielding and health. Also certain Mantises have tighter reticule spread than others. How does the regular mantis have a better turret than the Tundra for example? They all should have good tight spread.
> >
> > Mantises still rarely appear for a reason, cuz they’re still -Yoink-.
>
>
> Blame the Mantis user, not the Mantis.
> I’m fine using the Mantis. Learn to be agile, aware, and adaptable.

Oh shut up its -Yoink-. I’d rather have a scouthog, easier to splatter people than getting kills with the mantis. Unless you have oni mantis.

> 2533274819451923;3:
> I don’t think Mantises are underpowered as such, but vehicles are way too easy to destroy in warzone. I get that because you can have many vehicles on the map at once making them easy to destroy would benefit the victim team, but when those vehicles, when used in an offensive push, can be taken out in 3 seconds by some random guy with a plasma pistol and the ability to press X, it gets really annoying.

Yep, oni tank… Wasted! I was in my fortress surounded by my team and some random got a lucky break boarding me… I had to step away from That game for a minute lol

The new Mantis they are adding may be weak but it has a rapid fire gauz cannon and ion missiles so I think 343 is slowly learning how to balance it better than what they have been doing.

Before the mantis was req level 7, we would think it was meant for the destruction of tanks, but most likely it could be originally for air units and infantry. The regular mantis is able to lock-on to the banshee, (I haven’t tried to use it on the phaeton) and does a good job in taking them down. However, its weakness is a tank. Maybe not the wraith, but when you think about, the armor of a mantis would most likely be weaker than a scorpion tank because its legs are very skinny. To compensate for that was the inclusion of an energy shield. That energy shield can go down with one hit along with a small proportion of the mantis’ health (I wish we can see when the energy shield of the mantis is about to go down and when it is going to recharge and also why can regular bullets be able to take down its shields… you would think it would be stronger than a regular spartan’s energy shielding). What I didn’t understand is that the mantis was set at level 7 when a tank can easily take it down if they are aggressive enough.

> 2533274974081836;6:
> The new Mantis they are adding may be weak but it has a rapid fire gauz cannon and ion missiles so I think 343 is slowly learning how to balance it better than what they have been doing.

Shouldn’t take a level 7 mantis to be worthwhile,even then, the Oni Mantis is still paper mache. Also heard they’ve nerfed the range of the Oni Mantis lock-on missiles, and it feels like the Lock-on range has been reduced. 343 wouldn’t tell you though, just like they never actually told us about Whiplash ammo nerf.