Just remove the quit-ban already.

You’d be stupid not to.

It’s become clear that it does almost nothing to stop quitting, judging from how I’ve had to leave games at least 10 times from yesterday to today due to me being the last person on the team.

Second of all, if you haven’t notice, there are literally people unallowed to play this game.

I’ve gotten at least 5 temporary bans because of this faulty system that for some reason has been allowed to stay in this game.

Just fix the game already, I want to be able to play it.

Solution: Don’t quit.

^ You either didn’t read the OP

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Stop quitting and you won’t get punished.

> ^ You either didn’t read the OP

You quit because you are the last member of the team, in other words, “I am too scared to let my K/D go down .1, I’ll just quit”.

Don’t quit, problem solved.

I may be wrong here but I noticed on 2v2 and the like that when my whole team leaves and im the only one left, i get more CR when i complete the game. they should disable the quit function altogether.

> I may be wrong here but I noticed on 2v2 and the like that when my whole team leaves and im the only one left, i get more CR when i complete the game. they should disable the quit function altogether.

Silly idea, people would Dashboard.

> > I may be wrong here but I noticed on 2v2 and the like that when my whole team leaves and im the only one left, i get more CR when i complete the game. they should disable the quit function altogether.
>
> Silly idea, people would Dashboard.

Yes and no. If they are determined enough, but doing that over and over again is arduous, and many quitters would probably stop quitting so regularly. Gears of War removed the quitting option from ranked matches, and that seems to serve them well.

OT: Stop quitting. Being the last man on the team sucks, but the quit ban is there for a reason. Try camping when you find yourself alone. It’s quit funny to make the enemy team search for you.

my idea for this problem:

SITUATION OF QUITTER IN THE GAME:

first quit of the game: 5min ban & -2500cr
3vs4: 5min ban & -2500cr
2vs4: no penalties
1vs4: no penalties

4vs3, 3vs2 or 2vs1: no penalties (quit rebalance team)

IN 24H (FOR ONE PLAYER):

1st quit: 5min ban and -2500cr
2nd quit: 30min ban and -5000cr
3th quit: 3 hours and -7.500cr
fourth quit: all day ban and -15.000cr

> > > I may be wrong here but I noticed on 2v2 and the like that when my whole team leaves and im the only one left, i get more CR when i complete the game. they should disable the quit function altogether.
> >
> > Silly idea, people would Dashboard.
>
> Yes and no. If they are determined enough, but doing that over and over again is arduous, and many quitters would probably stop quitting so regularly. Gears of War removed the quitting option from ranked matches, and that seems to serve them well.
>
> OT: Stop quitting. Being the last man on the team sucks, but the quit ban is there for a reason. Try camping when you find yourself alone. It’s quit funny to make the enemy team search for you.

Some people actually have valid reasons to quit but not turn their consoles off, I have had to quit a few games to hop off and do something around the house, removing that for me and forcing me to Dashboard isn’t the best idea, considering that sometimes if you just Dashboard, a host migration will just fail.

> IN 24H (FOR ONE PLAYER):
>
> 1st quit: 5min ban and -2500cr
> 2nd quit: 30min ban and -5000cr
> 3th quit: 3 hours and -7.500cr
> fourth quit: all day ban and -15.000cr

I have no problem with the first ban for one quit, but 30 minutes, 3 hours and an all day ban is just a pure joke.

As of now in Reach, there is no way to tell who quit, dashboarded or turned their console off compared to who lagged out, you are practically limiting people to play only four games a day if they lag out and their connection improves later on in the day.

Xbox LIVE had a small outage in the UK today for about an hour, which I wasn’t aware of until it was sorted, during this time I was being forced on and off LIVE on more than four occasions, your quit penalties don’t take into consideration this day & age’s technology.

So i am max rank and have 20million credits. How would takin 2500cr away from me really stop me from quitting?
If i want to quit ill quit. If i get banned for 10 minutes ill go do something else.
The best solution is to only put up full parties up against other teams. The main reason people quit is that its not very often that 8 randomers will be able to take on a full paty of 8, same as in 4vs4.
Another solution remove some of the god awful maps out of matchmaking and fix the voting system. The other day out of the 6 options 4 of them were reflection. Where is the sense???

> It’s become clear that it does almost nothing to stop quitting,

And how have you determined that?

> judging from how I’ve had to leave games at least 10 times from yesterday to today due to me being the last person on the team.

Of course the daily challenges wouldn’t have anything to do with that would they?

Win 10 games?

> I’ve gotten at least 5 temporary bans because of this faulty system

How is it faulty?

> Just fix the game already,

Game isn’t broken.

> I want to be able to play it.

Then don’t quit out so much.

> > I’ve gotten at least 5 temporary bans because of this faulty system
>
> How is it faulty?

I’m not too sure how it’s faulty for him, but for me, I get temp banned for quitting just once every day after the first time I got the ban. First time, yes it was deserved. I quit a lot of matches that day. Every day afterward? Quitting once, or even getting disconnected because of internet issues (Also just once), and I get quit banned. Every day since then, the quit ban warning would pop up the second I get to Reach’s main menu. So one quit is an immediate temp ban.

Either it needs to be fixed, or removed entirely since it does little to stop people from quitting.

> > > I’ve gotten at least 5 temporary bans because of this faulty system
> >
> > How is it faulty?
>
> I’m not too sure how it’s faulty for him, but for me, I get temp banned for quitting just once every day after the first time I got the ban. First time, yes it was deserved. I quit a lot of matches that day. Every day afterward? Quitting once, or even getting disconnected because of internet issues (Also just once), and I get quit banned. Every day since then, the quit ban warning would pop up the second I get to Reach’s main menu. So one quit is an immediate temp ban.
>
> Either it needs to be fixed, or removed entirely since it does little to stop people from quitting.

That’s because you are still on Probation, stop qutting and the Probation will expire.

> I’m not too sure how it’s faulty for him, but for me, I get temp banned for quitting just once every day after the first time I got the ban.

That’s not it being faulty. That’s how it works.

Quit too much in a certain period of time and you are put in Probation for a certain period of time. At that point each violation is a 10 minute ban.

Wow really? I find that to be rather ridiculous. It should just be an allowance of quits per day in my opinion. Meh, oh well. I know the first ban was deserved, but I didn’t think it worked like that.

> Wow really? I find that to be rather ridiculous. It should just be an allowance of quits per day in my opinion. Meh, oh well. I know the first ban was deserved, but I didn’t think it worked like that.

Thats exactly how it is, but if you quit enough to get a quit ban then you are unable to quit without a 10 minute timeout. It takes a day or two before it is removed and then you may quit occasionally without being banned for ten minutes. Welcome to Waypoint =)

They should get rid of it or alter it. I Dont like killing the one person over and over again because he is afraid to quit.

Irony - halo 3 and 2 had less quiters. It also had a better MM system.

> They should get rid of it or alter it. I Dont like killing the one person over and over again because he is afraid to quit.
>
> Irony - halo 3 and 2 had less quiters. It also had a better MM system.

That’s not irony, its too be expected.

The problem isn’t the quit ban, its crappy matchmaking.

Credit fines for quitting are silly. Better matchmaking is the answer. And, given an improvement isn’t likely, escalating quit bans would be second best. 10 minutes isn’t long enough to dissuade me from cheating. And longer bans would mean more games with fewer quitters nonlinear.

How about removing the mute ban instead?