Just realized something: Elites

I just realized something about the Elites in Halo 4. At the moment we are assuming that these Covenant are some kind of pirates or some militant right? Well human military uniforms are only used by the military… shouldn’t that apply to an alien species as well? So now I can see the difference in the Covenant as not only a fresh change, but a logical change. Just thought I’d share this revelation. I’m sorry if someone already posted this. If not, discuss.

Makes sense. Nice observation.

Yep, just thought I’d say this. Considering many people are saying they don’t like the new Covenant, when really, these may not be Covenant all together, it may just be a rogue group, and therefore have a different look.

They could’ve stolen the combat gear though. It’s not just a uniform anyway, it’s actual armor with energy shielding and all that, stuff you can’t just make easily. It’s not like they’re going to just run up on the Chief wearing an eye patch with a parrot on their shoulder.

yeah that makes sense but this isnt anything new, its always been known or highly assumed that the reason their armor/uniform is different is because they are living outside of the law and official military, but as why they look different as 343 has called them rogues but i dont think that was right word they chose i think these “covenant” will be more of a bigger deal than first anticipated these guys seem to be a paramilitary (i know thats kinda same as being rogues as some extent but theres a difference)

> They could’ve stolen the combat gear though. It’s not just a uniform anyway, it’s actual armor with energy shielding and all that, stuff you can’t just make easily. It’s not like they’re going to just run up on the Chief wearing an eye patch with a parrot on their shoulder.

Well rebels and people on our world have like Kevlar vests and helmets, it’s not that far fetched to think that shielding would be easily obtained in an alien society. Plus, I think it would be awesome to see a brute in full pirate gear…“Argh!!!”

> They could’ve stolen the combat gear though. It’s not just a uniform anyway, it’s actual armor with energy shielding and all that, stuff you can’t just make easily. It’s not like they’re going to just run up on the Chief wearing an eye patch with a parrot on their shoulder.

Isnt ONI supplying faction(s) of Elites with military gear? Im pretty sure that was one of the main goals of Kilo-5. Seems to me that capt crunch made a valid and interesting (if not extremely accurate) assessment.

> > They could’ve stolen the combat gear though. It’s not just a uniform anyway, it’s actual armor with energy shielding and all that, stuff you can’t just make easily. It’s not like they’re going to just run up on the Chief wearing an eye patch with a parrot on their shoulder.
>
> Isnt ONI supplying faction(s) of Elites with military gear? Im pretty sure that was one of the main goals of Kilo-5. Seems to me that capt crunch made a valid and interesting (if not extremely accurate) assessment.

Thank you!

> > They could’ve stolen the combat gear though. It’s not just a uniform anyway, it’s actual armor with energy shielding and all that, stuff you can’t just make easily. It’s not like they’re going to just run up on the Chief wearing an eye patch with a parrot on their shoulder.
>
> Isnt ONI supplying faction(s) of Elites with military gear? Im pretty sure that was one of the main goals of Kilo-5. Seems to me that capt crunch made a valid and interesting (if not extremely accurate) assessment.

As far as I can remember in Glassland they were only dealing them tagged arms to see who was doing what with who.

The reason they are using different armor is because the Elites don’t know how to upkeep there equipment, so they’re shambling together whatever they can. Notice that the leg armor is from Halo 3. They only wear a body suit on lower half. Simplified armor at head and shoulders.

> The reason they are using different armor is because the Elites don’t know how to upkeep there equipment, so they’re shambling together whatever they can. Notice that the leg armor is from Halo 3. They only wear a body suit on lower half. Simplified armor at head and shoulders.

Basically this. The Covenant is falling apart and especially with the Elites all they can do is piece together what is left over.

The Covenant, Elites specifically, are a different faction.

After Halo 3, the Elites split into factions. This one is hostile.

They probably can’t properly maintain their armor, or its their way of telling their faction apart from others.

> The Covenant, Elites specifically, are a different faction.
>
> After Halo 3, the Elites split into factions. This one is hostile.
>
>
>
> They probably can’t properly maintain their armor, or its their way of telling their faction apart from others.

This. We’ll probaly learn more from The Thursday War when it comes out in October.

> yeah that makes sense but this isnt anything new, its always been known or highly assumed that the reason their armor/uniform is different is because they are living outside of the law and official military, but as why they look different as 343 has called them rogues but i dont think that was right word they chose i think these “covenant” will be more of a bigger deal than first anticipated these guys seem to be a paramilitary (i know thats kinda same as being rogues as some extent but theres a difference)

Longest.Sentence.EVER.

Punctuation is your friend.

OT: I think its just there new armor. The Covenant is broken up, and the Elites are their own faction now besides the Brutes, Grunts, and Jackals that are still loyal to Elites.
Plus the Artistic Liberties of 343 play a big part of the new look to all species.

> > yeah that makes sense but this isnt anything new, its always been known or highly assumed that the reason their armor/uniform is different is because they are living outside of the law and official military, but as why they look different as 343 has called them rogues but i dont think that was right word they chose i think these “covenant” will be more of a bigger deal than first anticipated these guys seem to be a paramilitary (i know thats kinda same as being rogues as some extent but theres a difference)
>
> Longest.Sentence.EVER.
>
> Punctuation is your friend.
>
> OT: I think its just there new armor. The Covenant is broken up, and the Elites are their own faction now besides the Brutes, Grunts, and Jackals that are still loyal to Elites.
> Plus the Artistic Liberties of 343 play a big part of the new look to all species.

no need to be a jerk

isn’t the entire sangheili race military based tho?

> isn’t the entire sangheili race military based tho?

Yep, when they were controlled by the Prophets all their men were trained as soldiers. However, now they are in fragments, so some may not have the original armor they may just have scraps or a different kind.

These “covenant” forces also might not know that the war is over. The galaxy is HUGE and it takes a while to get the word of an ended conflict, or it’s possible that they are lost and can’t find other means of communication.

But we shall see. :slight_smile:

> > > yeah that makes sense but this isnt anything new, its always been known or highly assumed that the reason their armor/uniform is different is because they are living outside of the law and official military, but as why they look different as 343 has called them rogues but i dont think that was right word they chose i think these “covenant” will be more of a bigger deal than first anticipated these guys seem to be a paramilitary (i know thats kinda same as being rogues as some extent but theres a difference)
> >
> > Longest.Sentence.EVER.
> >
> > Punctuation is your friend.
> >
> > OT: I think its just there new armor. The Covenant is broken up, and the Elites are their own faction now besides the Brutes, Grunts, and Jackals that are still loyal to Elites.
> > Plus the Artistic Liberties of 343 play a big part of the new look to all species.
>
> no need to be a jerk

The SHIFT key is also your friend.
:wink:

Nobody really talks about how the Arbiter will look if he makes an appearance in Halo 4. He’s not really the “Arbiter” anymore if there’s no Covenant. Hopefully he will have unique armor to distinguish his Rank among his loyalists.

Im gonna miss the Classic Arbiter Armor. :frowning:

> > isn’t the entire sangheili race military based tho?
>
> Yep, when they were controlled by the Prophets all their men were trained as soldiers. However, now they are in fragments, so some may not have the original armor they may just have scraps or a different kind.

well yes but all of them would have access to military armor. Honestly…I really like the new armors.

also I thought it was confirmed people know the war is over and these forces just do not agree…