just realized something cool about customization

I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me earlier but since we have vehicle and weapon customization… wouldn’t it be possible for 343i to add alternate variants?

For example, we have Banished versions of the Ghost, Banshee, Wraith, etc. What if we could also unlock classic Covenant skins for them?

I think it was either HiddenXperia or UberNick that went over the possibility of this in one of their recent videos on YT. I won’t be able to post links here since I’m still a recruit, but they should be easy enough to find if you go to their latest videos section. I hope it happens though, it’d be cool to have the Banished variants go slower but have more armor.

> 2535449887501541;2:
> I think it was either HiddenXperia or UberNick that went over the possibility of this in one of their recent videos on YT. I won’t be able to post links here since I’m still a recruit, but they should be easy enough to find if you go to their latest videos section. I hope it happens though, it’d be cool to have the Banished variants go slower but have more armor.

I don’t think having cosmetic changes affect gameplay is a good idea. It should all be purely cosmetic IMO.

> 2535419393377481;3:
> > 2535449887501541;2:
> > I think it was either HiddenXperia or UberNick that went over the possibility of this in one of their recent videos on YT. I won’t be able to post links here since I’m still a recruit, but they should be easy enough to find if you go to their latest videos section. I hope it happens though, it’d be cool to have the Banished variants go slower but have more armor.
>
> I don’t think having cosmetic changes affect gameplay is a good idea. It should all be purely cosmetic IMO.

tbf i wouldnt mind there being both types of variants, as long as the gameplay affecting variants stay in their own respective gamemode, like warzone in 5.

> 2535419393377481;3:
> > 2535449887501541;2:
> > I think it was either HiddenXperia or UberNick that went over the possibility of this in one of their recent videos on YT. I won’t be able to post links here since I’m still a recruit, but they should be easy enough to find if you go to their latest videos section. I hope it happens though, it’d be cool to have the Banished variants go slower but have more armor.
>
> I don’t think having cosmetic changes affect gameplay is a good idea. It should all be purely cosmetic IMO.

Oh, ok. You meant variants as just different cosmetic looks. I was thinking more along the lines of kinda what H5 did, but with more counterbalances in place, because we all know the Ultra Wraith was OP. :laughing:

In reverse, what if MCC had unlockable Banished skins for the existing Covenant vehicles?

> 2535449887501541;5:
> > 2535419393377481;3:
> > > 2535449887501541;2:
> > > I think it was either HiddenXperia or UberNick that went over the possibility of this in one of their recent videos on YT. I won’t be able to post links here since I’m still a recruit, but they should be easy enough to find if you go to their latest videos section. I hope it happens though, it’d be cool to have the Banished variants go slower but have more armor.
> >
> > I don’t think having cosmetic changes affect gameplay is a good idea. It should all be purely cosmetic IMO.
>
> Oh, ok. You meant variants as just different cosmetic looks. I was thinking more along the lines of kinda what H5 did, but with more counterbalances in place, because we all know the Ultra Wraith was OP. :laughing:

Yeah, I was talking specifically about cosmetics. Like not just having different color or texture schemes, but different models too.

I hope that happens. It would be cool!

They already mentioned “weapon cores”. This could be interchangeable with coatings, but maybe they’re completely different models with the same functionality.