Just realised a flaw in the Canon part...

If the Infinity is the training ground of the spartans, and they train in a virtual machine that makes holographic renderings of important battle grounds, shoudlnt the spartans only get one life? In most game types you have infinite lives, but IRL the spartans wouldnt, they would have one. How does the ability to respawn help their training? That would encourage bad decision making becasue you would just come back to life…

They’re hooked into the machine. They’re not doing the actual fighting, it’s all in their mind.

It’s a simulator.

I know that, thats not the point. Even in the simulator they respawn, which wouldnt happen on the real battlefield. They are basically encouraging risky decision making as bad decisions will only be punished by a loss of a point to the other team, and then a respawn. However, on the battleground a bad decision is punished with death.

See the connection?

> They’re hooked into the machine. They’re not doing the actual fighting, it’s all in their mind.

This is starting to either sound like The Matrix, or Mario 2.
It was a dream… It was all just a dream…

> I know that, thats not the point. Even in the simulator they respawn, which wouldnt happen on the real battlefield. They are basically encouraging risky decision making as bad decisions will only be punished by a loss of a point to the other team, and then a respawn. However, on the battleground a bad decision is punished with death.
>
> See the connection?

Dude they’re practising combat and fighting, not full on warfare. Which I am sure they do other excersises for.

> > I know that, thats not the point. Even in the simulator they respawn, which wouldnt happen on the real battlefield. They are basically encouraging risky decision making as bad decisions will only be punished by a loss of a point to the other team, and then a respawn. However, on the battleground a bad decision is punished with death.
> >
> > See the connection?
>
> Dude they’re practising combat and fighting, not full on warfare. Which I am sure they do other excersises for.

Still, bad habits could arise…

> > They’re hooked into the machine. They’re not doing the actual fighting, it’s all in their mind.
>
> This is starting to either sound like The Matrix, or Mario 2.
> It was a dream… It was all just a dream…

or the indoctranation theory for mass effect

It’s a video game. You’re thinking too much.

No, the flaw is why are they fighting each other. They should be training against covenant because they were in a war to save humanity against them. Also, why wouldn’t the UNSC or ONI have enough documentation to create virtual elites when they fought a long lasting war against them, and then along side them.

I find the whole idea of tying multiplayer into the canon to be stupid, anyway.

[deleted]

These better be real locations in the Halo Universe otherwise the cannon is completely broken for multiplayer maps.

The basics of the spartan IV project would dictate that these Spartans already have good habits in combat, they are all ( hopefully) seasoned soldiers who volunteered then made the cut to be augmented ( again hopefully, because normal folks can’t wear mjolnir armor). So the basics are there, the simulator would only exist to keep them sharp between missions

> Bad habits could arise? Rubbish.
>
> They’re training; they’re not being encouraged to do suicidal things.

Still, with the ability to respawn, you never know. One can become too used to the simulator, to forget what lies outside.

The more experience you have, the more you develop skill. Insstead of just ending the simulation they will keep it running until an objective is reached by one team.

> The more experience you have, the more you develop skill. Insstead of just ending the simulation they will keep it running until an objective is reached by one team.

This makes more sense. I just hope there is a training program in there that they only get one life and its a large free for all or something. Just something to keep them on their toes. And when they die they must watch how the leader performs to learn from him. Heck they could go into his body and feel his movements…

that sounds like a better traing program to me.

Here’s a good question: why would Spartans be fighting Spartans? shouldn’t they be fighting covies if they were to be training.

[deleted]

> It’s virtual reality.

… You only read the first post didnt you… Read my second comment.