Just purchased Halo CE for PC

I haven’t played this game since the early 2000’s, system linking with my friends on their xboxes. My body is ready for the nostalgia. I made this topic to ask what are the more popular mods, if any, and what is the deal with the other ‘CE’? Custom Edition. Is this necessary to download to play with a larger audience, or is Vanilla Com. Evolved still thriving as it is?

Any help would be much obliged.
Thanks.

> I haven’t played this game since the early 2000’s, system linking with my friends on their xboxes. My body is ready for the nostalgia. I made this topic to ask what are the more popular mods, if any, and what is the deal with the other ‘CE’? Custom Edition. Is this necessary to download to play with a larger audience, or is Vanilla Com. Evolved still thriving as it is?
>
> Any help would be much obliged.
> Thanks.

Use Halo: Custom Edition for Mods. More people play it anyway but you’ll need your PC product key to activate it. Both have around 100-300 people on at any given time, so you’ll always find a game. The server I normally use is Fragme.info as it’s dedicated and runs a mixture of mods and standard modes so you get a mixture.

Definitely get Custom Edition. It will allow you to run the game without needing the disc in the drive anymore, since you need your CD key to install it. Extremely useful. Especially if you are on a laptop, and you like to game outside the house.

Make sure you go to bungie.net and put your activation Key in to claim your nameplate before march 31!

I made a thread a while back on Bungie.net explaining what Custom Edition was and suggesting things you ought to get. It’s here

To add to that list, we’re waiting for an awesome Campaign map pack to release called “SPv3” by CMT. It’s really cool so you should definitely check out the videos. The first map release will be on the 24th I believe. (It will be Truth & Reconciliation)

The second thing you might want to get is Version Changer. There are around 400 or so playing on 1.09 Custom Edition, but there are normally over 1,000 playing on 1.00. People claim that 1.09 is safer from stuff like hacks, but that’s not really true. Both versions of all kinds of hacks available to them so either way you’re going to get the same result. Just more people on 1.00.

Third, and final thing, I have to add to the list in that thread is Open Sauce v3.0.0. Gives stuff like Anti-Aliasing, many forms of post processing, motion blur, etc. Makes your game pretty. :wink: (You can’t use Open Sauce with Xfire, though. Just use Steam instead if you need in game chat between friends.)