Just one little rant, if i may. (About REQs)

This isn’t even about gameplay. Halo 5 is really enjoyable for me, particularly because it is competitive. Multiplayer wise, the best halo behind Halo 3. And i suppose the thing i am ranting about can’t be fixed this Halo. But i think i am speaking for all Halo 5 players here, when i am begging that for Halo 6 PLEASE GET RID OF ALL THESE STUPID AND USELESS FREAKING REQS AND ARMOR. Like, nobody needs three slightly different variations of the same ugly helmet. And how many stupid different variations of a BR for warzone does one person need? Believe me, 343 did a fanstastic job for free content and customization, but there is alot of repetitve stuff just for the sake of getting us to pay money for req points, and gets annoying when i get a uncommon br every time i open a pack when i rarely play warzone anyway. Not cool, 343. The req system need not be abandoned but it is just flawed and fiiled with useless things and it needs to be fixed for halo 6. And whatever happened to earning armor through achievements? Oh and please add a few more maps in Team Arena. tired of playing the same 4 maps.

You’re right dude. I don’t even mind the principle of REQS, but hate all of the “filler.” If they had one-fourth the current amount, but made them four times harder to get, then that would maybe even be more fulfilling.

• A Spartan in the middle of the gold grind

Honestly, we should have it like Battlefield where we get to select what base weapon we want and we get to use different attachments like a silenced Br with a classic scope to an extended mag Hybrid DMR

Yeah, I don’t like the REQ system either. Especially for customization. The only saving grace is that you are guaranteed to get every non-premium permanent with enough grinding; you can’t get repeats of customization items, like in other RNG loot systems. However, this grind is needlessly increased by the increasing number of variants of the same armor. New armor sets are fine, but just adding a little white detail to an armor set does not warrant adding it to the REQ pool, in my book, aside from artificially increasing the grind for players.
The REQ system also cost players more in depth customization, as was found in Reach and Halo 4. I preferred those systems to what we have now.
If the REQ system is to be continued in the future, I hope they limit to single use REQs for Warzone 2.0.

You are right about the REQs, they shouldn’t make a return in Halo 6. However I think that 343 is going to bring it back since many Halo 5 players are enjoying them and the fact is that 343 needs to raise a lot of money for future Halo games.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> Yeah, I don’t like the REQ system either. Especially for customization. The only saving grace is that you are guaranteed to get every non-premium permanent with enough grinding; you can’t get repeats of customization items, like in other RNG loot systems. However, this grind is needlessly increased by the increasing number of variants of the same armor. New armor sets are fine, but just adding a little white detail to an armor set does not warrant adding it to the REQ pool, in my book, aside from artificially increasing the grind for players.
> The REQ system also cost players more in depth customization, as was found in Reach and Halo 4. I preferred those systems to what we have now.
> If the REQ system is to be continued in the future, I hope they limit to single use REQs for Warzone 2.0.

Yeah, for people who enjoy warzone and spend a lot of time in that, the REQ system is probably good. But perhaps armour and things you’d find in the Spartan ID section like assassinations, weapon skins and stances should be earned separately from random REQs, or at least more rare items earned separately. The rarest armor should be for those who grind out, and not those who are lucky enough to earn it the first day or those who are willing to spend money. I wouldn’t even mind something similar to COD’s Modern Warfare trilogy (idk how stuff is earned in other CODs) where to earn skins you have to do challenges with that specific weapon in-game.

ALSO ANOTHER RANDOM THOUGHT: There is a lot of assassinations I have and like to see, but I hate being able to just use one. There should be an option where you can have like 3 assassinations active at one time and those 3 are randomly used when you go for an assassination. Just halo gamer thoughts lol.

While I have my grievances about the REQ system, I actually enjoy the REQ weapons and vehicles very much. Many, like the Prophet’s Bane and the Hannibal Scorpion put a new and exciting spin on their base variants, and they allow for some fun custom games and Forge maps. So, yes, I think the system should go, but the REQs should stay in the game for the content creators in the community.

The REQ system is also fine for me,but I would like to be able to purchase with my REQ points specific armors or weapon.They should make them worth more than the normal REQ pack.I also find the filler stuff to be very boring and makes it harder to get the things you want.

> 2535464801356957;3:
> Honestly, we should have it like Battlefield where we get to select what base weapon we want and we get to use different attachments like a silenced Br with a classic scope to an extended mag Hybrid DMR

I agree, but can you imagine the whining by the community if we got attachments in req packs? I kinda understand why 343 did it the way they did. The way BF and COD do it is way better, but 343 couldn’t be seen as being like them, even if our way is worse.

> 2535468812026872;9:
> > 2535464801356957;3:
> > Honestly, we should have it like Battlefield where we get to select what base weapon we want and we get to use different attachments like a silenced Br with a classic scope to an extended mag Hybrid DMR
>
> I agree, but can you imagine the whining by the community if we got attachments in req packs? I kinda understand why 343 did it the way they did. The way BF and COD do it is way better, but 343 couldn’t be seen as being like them, even if our way is worse.

People need to suck it up. If this community is gonna be a baby then they can just throw their xbox out the window. Change is good

> 2533274976975090;7:
> While I have my grievances about the REQ system, I actually enjoy the REQ weapons and vehicles very much. Many, like the Prophet’s Bane and the Hannibal Scorpion put a new and exciting spin on their base variants, and they allow for some fun custom games and Forge maps. So, yes, I think the system should go, but the REQs should stay in the game for the content creators in the community.

I agree with this. Warzone REQs are fine and dandy for me, and I don’t have a problem with it. But I think a hybrid of Reach’s and Halo 5’s system for customization would be a good fit. Random customization packs that aren’t too expensive if you feel lucky, or specific armor pieces that are jacked up in REQ cost/level locked if you want a specific one.

> 2533274821537264;11:
> > 2533274976975090;7:
> > While I have my grievances about the REQ system, I actually enjoy the REQ weapons and vehicles very much. Many, like the Prophet’s Bane and the Hannibal Scorpion put a new and exciting spin on their base variants, and they allow for some fun custom games and Forge maps. So, yes, I think the system should go, but the REQs should stay in the game for the content creators in the community.
>
> I agree with this. Warzone REQs are fine and dandy for me, and I don’t have a problem with it. But I think a hybrid of Reach’s and Halo 5’s system for customization would be a good fit. Random customization packs that aren’t too expensive if you feel lucky, or specific armor pieces that are jacked up in REQ cost/level locked if you want a specific one.

Something like that would work. The randomness of the current system and the amount of absolute garbage thrown in to keep you from getting higher REQs is frustrating. I’d much rather have a system like Reach, where you can buy exactly what you want; or like Halo 3, where you have to complete challenges to unlock items.