Just my thoughts on the situation with Halo 4

343 Industries, you went full derp.

BTW Other problems with the game (I’ve been/have played a lot recently)

-No Ranks (duh)
-No Snipers, FFA, MLG, Doubles Playlists (at launch)
-No settings for flag dropping or sprinting, OR turning off instant respawn with “x”
-No knocking weapons out of zoom when damaged (snipers destroy, that added with the huge recoil snipers give people when shooting them, means snipers are now “OP”)
-No more then 3 smallish maps (at launch, prepare for a lot of Haven)
-No sniper headshot medal.
-Snapshot (Noscopes) are given as body shots as well as headshots.
-Sprinting then aiming causes a full second delay before you can shot or till your reticle even reappears.

Just a handful for now.

These are my opinions, say whatever you may, but that’s how I feel about the game at this point in time. These opinions are subject to change

I don’t consider these as “Problems” but rather quirks that people may or may/not like.

Well one persons problems are another persons quirks I guess, to each their own.

So do people just continuously create new profiles to complain? Man up and use your standard profile…

> Well one persons problems are another persons quirks I guess, to each their own.

Thus the reason I didn’t try and critique your “problems”. It’s your opinion and I’m cool with that.

so what are you trying to say? That Halo 4 is a garbage game because of these small things that in your opinion are problems? Let’s just forget everything that’s great about the game? Why are some people so hard to please

This is my real profile? I just never post here…

> so what are you trying to say? That Halo 4 is a garbage game because of these small things that in your opinion are problems? Let’s just forget everything that’s great about the game? Why are some people so hard to please

People see 343i as Burger King and think they can have everything their way. ((((Shrugs))))

no sniper kill medal? I don’t believe you, that can’t be true. Please don’t let that be true.

> > so what are you trying to say? That Halo 4 is a garbage game because of these small things that in your opinion are problems? Let’s just forget everything that’s great about the game? Why are some people so hard to please
>
> Go play your CoD version of Halo. Halo 4 is a garbage game it’s not even Halo at this point. Should be called Call of Duty: Halo Reach 2. Get a 50 in H3 BK.

Go link your gamertag. =P

Or better yet go on your actual profile.

Oh wow. No zoom-out when someone is shot while scoped? That…might be hard to get used to. Especially when it comes to long-range versus short-range, that little bit can be the difference that allows someone to get close enough to engage at a distance appropriate for their weapons, and makes an interesting challenge for the scoped person. As long as it plays smoothly and this is somehow overcome, I guess I can live with the change. I just hope it doesn’t ruin that aspect.

Not really, the game is very fun by far, the gameplay feels extremely solid, and its honestly some of the most fun I’ve had playing since Halo 3. It’s just that those little things WILL become very apparent once you play. Trust me. Trying to shoot a sniper from even a moderate distance now is hell. You shoot them as much as you want, they stay in scope and get VERY minimal recoil from your shots, they hit you with one bullet and your recoil goes up 1.5 spartan body heights. I really like the game, and want to love it even more, but these are things that, for better or most likely worst, will impact the game. Those who hated getting sniped consistently in previous Halo games will end up quitting games very frequently on any map that has a sniper with a decent player on it. I have video evidence of this recoil effect if you wish.

this kids just trolling now lol.

Im a little upset about visible ranks, but not enough that it’s going to ruin my experience. This kid acts like he isn’t going to be at mid night release like everyone else, if his mom let’s him that is.

It’s true, trust me.

Even if it does change things, I’ll adapt; it certainly won’t have me raging, at least not until I’ve played enough to give some solid reasoning behind it. I’m sure it’ll be fun.

How exactly do I “link” my gamertag. my GT is Zytrox, with over 11,000 MM games played in Halo 3 and no idea about Halo: Reach (lol) Like I said this is the first time I’ve ever posted on the 343 Forums, I’ve posted on the old Bungie forums plenty of times. I never had a reason to post here until now.

I’m still going to midnight. I’m 20 years old btw. I just thought I’d let those who haven’t played the game yet on a few details being missed over the “No rank” fiasco

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 343 Industries, you went full derp.
>
> BTW Other problems with the game (I’ve been/have played a lot recently)
>
> -No Ranks (duh)
> -No Snipers, FFA, MLG, Doubles Playlists (at launch)
> -No settings for flag dropping or sprinting, OR turning off instant respawn with “x”
> -No knocking weapons out of zoom when damaged (snipers destroy, that added with the huge recoil snipers give people when shooting them, means snipers are now “OP”)
> -No more then 3 smallish maps (at launch, prepare for a lot of Haven)
> -No sniper headshot medal.
> -Snapshot (Noscopes) are given as body shots as well as headshots.
> -Sprinting then aiming causes a full second delay before you can shot or till your reticle even reappears.
>
> Just a handful for now.
>
> These are my opinions, say whatever you may, but that’s how I feel about the game at this point in time. These opinions are subject to change

are you limited? Those playlists will be added later on. Snapshot? seriously… The only thing i kind of agree with you on is no sniper medal other then that your reasons are simply dumb.

i read your list, and the only thing that even phased me a little bit, and this was surprising was the no headshot medal for sniper kills.

> i read your list, and the only thing that even phased me a little bit, and this was surprising was the no headshot medal for sniper kills.

Assuming what the OP said is true, it doesn’t bother you that we won’t be able to shoot people out of scope? That’s a dynamic that’s been there from the beginning. Again, I’ll be playing with everyone else on nov 6 and enjoying it to the fullest.