Just my opinion..............................

Personally, I wish commendations were earned differently. It feels like you just have to play a lot of war games to earn commendations. It should be based off of skill, not spending a lot of time. Does anyone else feel this way?

> Personally, I wish commendations were earned differently. It feels like you just have to play a lot of war games to earn commendations. It should be based off of skill, not spending a lot of time. Does anyone else feel this way?

actually this is how it’s in reach.

well, i wouldn’t say u really need skill in h4, but u definetely need better nerves. Think of PP, pulse nade, suppressor, or mongoose

> > Personally, I wish commendations were earned differently. It feels like you just have to play a lot of war games to earn commendations. It should be based off of skill, not spending a lot of time. Does anyone else feel this way?
>
> actually this is how it’s in reach.
>
> well, i wouldn’t say u really need skill in h4, but u definetely need better nerves. Think of PP, pulse nade, suppressor, or mongoose

Pulse Grenade was actually the first weapon commendation I mastered :slight_smile:

But eeeeck, that Mongoose D:
No way I’ll be getting that before Halo 5 launches!

> Personally, I wish commendations were earned differently. It feels like you just have to play a lot of war games to earn commendations. <mark>It should be based off of skill</mark>, not spending a lot of time. Does anyone else feel this way?

You need to have at least a little skill to get kills with the various weapons available.

You need to have at least some skill with a vehicle to get splatters.

You need to have at least some skill to get multikills.

You need to have at least some skill to get killing sprees/perfections.

You need to have at least some skill to contribute to your team and win games.

(You see where I’m going with this?)

Technically the commendations are based on skill. But I suppose it depends on how you look at it.

The only problem I have with the commendations is that some of them are impossible to get without either being a -Yoink- or playing for twelve years. I’ve given up on maxing mine because I refuse to spend 679 games dragging my team down and getting slaughtered because I’m running around with nothing but a plasma pistol. I liked how they were grouped in Reach. Like get x vehicle kills or x small weapon kills.

> > Personally, I wish commendations were earned differently. It feels like you just have to play a lot of war games to earn commendations. <mark>It should be based off of skill</mark>, not spending a lot of time. Does anyone else feel this way?
>
> You need to have at least a little skill to get kills with the various weapons available.
>
> You need to have at least some skill with a vehicle to get splatters.
>
> You need to have at least some skill to get multikills.
>
> You need to have at least some skill to get killing sprees/perfections.
>
> You need to have at least some skill to contribute to your team and win games.
>
> (You see where I’m going with this?)
>
> Technically the commendations are based on skill. But I suppose it depends on how you look at it.

And you also need a lot of patience, since the Plasma Pistol and Magnum both require the same amount of kills despite the Plasma Pistol - prior to the addition of Paintball in Action Sack - was perhaps the hardest weapon to get kills with. And you needed tons of them.

And no amount of skill will get the other team to use Mongooses more. That’s their choice not yours, and there’s still no guarantee you’d be able to destroy it. Mongooses are more durable than Scorpions after all (No not really, but after surviving a direct hit from a splaser at point-blank range and only the poor driver dying while the mongoose remains fully intact… Yeah. It almost seems that way.)

Aah yes, and the Forerunner Destroyer. Nothing has emphasized patience more than the Crawler Sniper commendation.

So Skill does make most commendations quicker, but Patience and Determination is another big factor.

> or stupidly driving around with a mongoose.

ummmm why would u do that? only time i did that was in h3 for mongoose mowdown achievement

> > or stupidly driving around with a mongoose.
>
> ummmm why would u do that? only time i did that was in h3 for mongoose mowdown achievement

That was my bad. I mixed up the objective of the mongoose commendation in my head and thought it involved killing people with the mongoose. I forgot that it actually involves another nigh-impossible task: killing a mongoose.

> Personally, I wish commendations were earned differently. It feels like you just have to play a lot of war games to earn commendations. It should be based off of skill, not spending a lot of time. Does anyone else feel this way?

Some based off skill some off time.

That said, alot of them need to be less absurd to get in the next game.

> > > I forgot that it actually involves another nigh-impossible task: killing a mongoose.
> >
> > before killing the driver, yep. sometimes even with spartan laser i only get the driver

I totally agree!

Perfection Mastery is the only commendation I can be proud of. The rest are just grinds.

I think 343 should’ve scaled the commendations a bit, not so it’s the same amount of kills for every grenade type or secondary. I think it’s a bit ridiculous how many kills you need with the plasma pistol in order to master it, or the pulse grenade.

They should be tough to get but within reason.

Achievements= difficult one time feats.

Commedations/challenges= grind fest.

Though i do agree some are particularly tedious like the plasma pistol and mongoose destroyer.

> I think 343 should’ve scaled the commendations a bit, not so it’s the same amount of kills for every grenade type or secondary. I think it’s a bit ridiculous how many kills you need with the plasma pistol in order to master it, or the pulse grenade.

Pulse Grenade’s not that bad really. Chuck it into the middle of a hill while the enemy is all huddled up in it, or Storm Rifle someone’s shields down then toss the grenade at their feet…

Having the loadouts to increase the blast range + damage and the increased grenade carrying capacity does wonders too.

Plasma Pistol on the other hand… Hah. I never got the hang of the tips people gave for using it in 1 on 1 confrontations, but with Paintball in Action Sack… That helps a lot :slight_smile:

The second weapon I mastered was the pulse grenade Sylxeria.

Accidently wrote paintball.

> Perfection Mastery is the only commendation I can be proud of. The rest are just grinds.

2 more to go for me, but it won’t work somehow. as soon as i realize during the match, that it could be a perfection, i die. only when i don’t realize it until the end i get them…xD